Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 08:24 AM

9,728 posts, read 9,497,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
This feels like a trap question. Let me tell you something though, Stevens Point isn't so bad. It isn't on the lake, but there is plenty of hiking and biking up that way. The Green Circle Trail is great. Stevens Point has a nice downtown, it is a nice city if you're into small places. Neither College Station nor Stevens Point would be in my top 10 places to relocate too, but I think Stevens Point is the better place here. On Wisconsin!

Lexington KY or Columbia MO
Lexington for sure. I like that the area is rich in history and has a growing arts community.

Omaha, NE or Memphis, TN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2022, 09:10 AM

355 posts, read 161,212 times
Omaha isn't the sexiest city (The Volvo of America) but I'd rather live there than Memphis which seems like it keeps taking two steps forward and three steps back. Back to a college town battle:

Columbia MO or Bloomington IN?

Old 11-21-2022, 11:59 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,365,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Omaha isn't the sexiest city (The Volvo of America) but I'd rather live there than Memphis which seems like it keeps taking two steps forward and three steps back. Back to a college town battle:

Columbia MO or Bloomington IN?
Bloomington. Bloomington is on its own a nice college town, and I think Southern Indiana is pretty underrated in terms of things to do outdoors. Hoosier National Forest, Morgan-Monroe Forest, and a handful of modest caves are all right on Bloomington's doorstep.

Milwaukee WI or Buffalo NY

Old 11-21-2022, 12:22 PM

13,814 posts, read 8,095,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Milwaukee WI or Buffalo NY
Milwaukee. Less snow, right on Lake Michigan, and not too far from relatives in the Chicago area.

Key Largo, Florida or Bar Harbor, Maine?

Old 11-21-2022, 03:32 PM

14,348 posts, read 9,234,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Milwaukee. Less snow, right on Lake Michigan, and not too far from relatives in the Chicago area.

Key Largo, Florida or Bar Harbor, Maine?
Bar Harbor. I like the intimacy and charm of New England fishing towns.

Jersey Shore, Pa., or Missouri City, Texas?

Old 11-22-2022, 11:26 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,908,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Bar Harbor. I like the intimacy and charm of New England fishing towns.

Jersey Shore, Pa., or Missouri City, Texas?
Missouri City... would rather live in a large Houston suburb than in a small town in a more remote part of PA.

Beachwood, OH or Beachwood, NJ?

Old 11-22-2022, 11:45 AM

6,138 posts, read 9,203,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Missouri City... would rather live in a large Houston suburb than in a small town in a more remote part of PA.

Beachwood, OH or Beachwood, NJ?
Beechwood, Ohio seems to have more going for it. I'm not a fan of coastal NJ.

Charles Town, WV or Charlestown, MD?

Old 11-22-2022, 02:34 PM

3,651 posts, read 4,528,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Beechwood, Ohio seems to have more going for it. I'm not a fan of coastal NJ.

Charles Town, WV or Charlestown, MD?
I thought I was going to go with Charlestown MD here (I generally prefer MD to WV), but after looking at G-Maps and Streetview, I'm going with Charles Town WV. It's larger, less isolated, prettier countryside, and closer to Washington D.C.

Providence, RI or Albany, NY?

Old 11-22-2022, 03:13 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,167,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I thought I was going to go with Charlestown MD here (I generally prefer MD to WV), but after looking at G-Maps and Streetview, I'm going with Charles Town WV. It's larger, less isolated, prettier countryside, and closer to Washington D.C.

Providence, RI or Albany, NY?
Providence. Albany's a pretty cool mid size city. However, I just like the setting of Providence. It's like a mini Boston to some degree. A lot of similarities. It just seems to have a bit more.

St Paul, Minnesota or Grand Rapids, Michigan?

Old 11-22-2022, 03:20 PM

13,814 posts, read 8,095,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
St Paul, Minnesota or Grand Rapids, Michigan?
Grand Rapids. I prefer its smaller size and I like that Lake Michigan is pretty easily accessible during the summer.

Charlotte, North Carolina or Richmond, Virginia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City