Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2022, 06:56 PM

9 posts, read 7,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Marysville OH. It has some beautiful and diverse architecture and a church that I'd probably like.

Marietta GA or Oyster Bay NY?
Marietta. Although I'm not fond of neither Atlanta nor New York, Georgia as a whole is in much better shape than the state of New York.

Evansville, IN or Owensboro, KY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 07:22 PM

3,940 posts, read 2,250,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-South Mike View Post
Marietta. Although I'm not fond of neither Atlanta nor New York, Georgia as a whole is in much better shape than the state of New York.

Evansville, IN or Owensboro, KY?
Owensboro. It's safer and a little cheaper. Plus it's only 30 miles from Evansville if I wanted to go to a larger city for better shopping or things to do. Springfield MO or Peoria IL?

Old 06-28-2022, 11:30 PM

9,726 posts, read 9,492,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Owensboro. It's safer and a little cheaper. Plus it's only 30 miles from Evansville if I wanted to go to a larger city for better shopping or things to do. Springfield MO or Peoria IL?
Peoria. I prefer Peoria's location and architecture. Peoria has many nice attractions.

Sammamish, WA or Boca Raton, FL?

Old 06-29-2022, 05:39 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,905,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Peoria. I prefer Peoria's location and architecture. Peoria has many nice attractions.

Sammamish, WA or Boca Raton, FL?
Boca Raton... I'm not a big fan of South Florida but Boca Raton might be one of the few places I could make an exception for as the quality of life seems very high. It also gains an advantage in this match-up as I'm not a big fan of the PNW as well.

Staten Island, NY or Riverside, CA?

Old 06-29-2022, 07:19 AM

13,772 posts, read 8,081,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Staten Island, NY or Riverside, CA?
Even though I'm much more familiar and comfortable with the East Coast, living in NYC proper is a "bridge too far", so I'll go with Riverside.

Columbus, Indiana or Florence, Alabama?

Old 06-29-2022, 08:17 PM

9,726 posts, read 9,492,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Even though I'm much more familiar and comfortable with the East Coast, living in NYC proper is a "bridge too far", so I'll go with Riverside.

Columbus, Indiana or Florence, Alabama?
Florence any day. Columbus was not friendly and more rural feeling. Florence is in an attractive location and has neat attractions.

Wausau, WI or Conway, AR?

Old 06-30-2022, 04:56 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,977,708 times
Wausau. I was surprised at Rib Mountain near downtown even though most view central WI as just flatness after driving through it on a recent road trip. There's even a ski resort nearby as well as well as snowmobiling to help get through the winters, something you don't get down in AR. It's not terribly far from Green Bay for the NFL as well as lake Michigan and the Northwoods. I'd also prefer the Twin Cities and Milwaukee for my big city fix over Memphis and Tulsa (sorry, Little Rock isn't really a big city). Conway has a good location for AR, close enough to enjoy Little Rock, but outside of NWA, that state just doesn't appeal to me.

Two Rivers, WI or Three Rivers, MI?

Old 06-30-2022, 07:38 AM

13,772 posts, read 8,081,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Two Rivers, WI or Three Rivers, MI?
Two Rivers looks nice, and I like that it's right on the lake; but I'll pick Three Rivers as I'm more familiar with the area.

Little Rock, Arkansas or Boise, Idaho?

Old 06-30-2022, 08:50 AM

14,340 posts, read 9,222,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Two Rivers looks nice, and I like that it's right on the lake; but I'll pick Three Rivers as I'm more familiar with the area.

Little Rock, Arkansas or Boise, Idaho?
Boise. Little Rock is a little ways from the Ozarks while the mountains are right outside Bolse.

Springfield, Missouri, or Springfield, Massachusetts?

Old 06-30-2022, 09:23 AM

3,940 posts, read 2,250,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Boise. Little Rock is a little ways from the Ozarks while the mountains are right outside Bolse.

Springfield, Missouri, or Springfield, Massachusetts?
MO. Would be cheaper and closer to family. Danville VA or Danville IL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City