Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2022, 05:44 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,820,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everMissouri View Post
Mobile since it's basically a diet New Orleans.

Kennett, MO or Sikeston, MO?
Sikeston. It has Lambert’s.

Jonesboro, Arkansas or Jackson, Tennessee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 07:46 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,273,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Sikeston. It has Lambert’s.

Jonesboro, Arkansas or Jackson, Tennessee?
Jonesboro. It has a healthier economy as far as growth. Boulder CO or Ft. Collins CO?

Old 06-10-2022, 11:16 PM

899 posts, read 532,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Jonesboro. It has a healthier economy as far as growth. Boulder CO or Ft. Collins CO?
Fort Collins because it's safer and cheaper. Both are pretty good, but Fort Collins is a little better for me.

Pittsburg, CA or Philadelphia, MS?

Old 06-11-2022, 12:32 AM

3,512 posts, read 3,443,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Fort Collins because it's safer and cheaper. Both are pretty good, but Fort Collins is a little better for me.

Pittsburg, CA or Philadelphia, MS?
I'll pick Pittsburg. While Pittsburg is connected to the SF Bay Area, I don't like how much crime I noticed(per statistics) occurs in Philadelphia(MS). Plus being connected by BART subway to the rest of the Bay Area, is nice.

Texarkana, TX, or Shreveport, LA?

Old 06-11-2022, 08:04 AM

14,367 posts, read 9,270,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll pick Pittsburg. While Pittsburg is connected to the SF Bay Area, I don't like how much crime I noticed(per statistics) occurs in Philadelphia(MS). Plus being connected by BART subway to the rest of the Bay Area, is nice.

Texarkana, TX, or Shreveport, LA?
I'd take either Fayetteville or Lafayette over either of these two cities, as they're both more interesting culturally (Fayettevile is in the Ozarks and Lafayette is the capital of Cajun country) and (I think) safer.

But if I had to choose between these, Texarkana seems to me to be in better shape.

Council Bluffs, Iowa, or Kansas City, Kan.? (I assume you all see the parallel here.)

Old 06-11-2022, 09:25 AM

4,446 posts, read 4,361,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I'd take either Fayetteville or Lafayette over either of these two cities, as they're both more interesting culturally (Fayettevile is in the Ozarks and Lafayette is the capital of Cajun country) and (I think) safer.

But if I had to choose between these, Texarkana seems to me to be in better shape.

Council Bluffs, Iowa, or Kansas City, Kan.? (I assume you all see the parallel here.)
Kansas City KS. It offers much more and is part of a larger metro area.

Westerly RI or Easton MD?

Old 06-13-2022, 07:12 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,137,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Westerly RI or Easton MD?
I think I'd pick Westerly. I'm more familiar with New England than I am the Eastern Shore, and I like the idea of being within easy driving distance from Providence.

Portales, New Mexico or Livingston, Alabama?

Old 06-13-2022, 02:03 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,273,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I think I'd pick Westerly. I'm more familiar with New England than I am the Eastern Shore, and I like the idea of being within easy driving distance from Providence.

Portales, New Mexico or Livingston, Alabama?
Portables, because I love NM! Hickory NC or Danville VA?

Old 06-13-2022, 08:45 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,810,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Portables, because I love NM! Hickory NC or Danville VA?
Hickory seems a bit nicer.

Appleton, WI or Champaign, IL?

Old 06-14-2022, 04:58 AM

6,453 posts, read 5,125,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Hickory seems a bit nicer.

Appleton, WI or Champaign, IL?
Definitely Champaign. The smaller cities in Wisconsin are mostly very well taken care of, with low crime, a vibrant business district, and a low COL... which honestly altogether makes me nervous. Too family-friendly. I feel like I'd asexually reproduce a few young clones of myself as soon as I entered the city limits.

Urbana-Champaign also must have some kind of tech scene given the prestigious CS school and the decent size of the city/metro, so that'd be a plus. Even in Eugene, OR (similar-sized metro, but UO isn't particularly known for CS) I'm aware of some kind of local community.

Hoboken, NJ or Santa Fe, NM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City