Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2022, 10:54 AM

2,375 posts, read 2,350,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Both are a little small for my taste. However New Lisbon WI seems like it’s in a better location so I’ll take it.

Savannah GA or Portland ME?
Savannah, GA for sure. Similar cities, but Portland was looking pretty run down the last time I visited. Savannah is pretty nice too with all the squares and live oaks so I like it a lot.

Aspen, CO or Whistler, BC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 10:56 AM

6,130 posts, read 9,184,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Both are a little small for my taste. However New Lisbon WI seems like it’s in a better location so I’ll take it.

Savannah GA or Portland ME?
Oh this is a tough one! Both cities are great for both different and similar reasons. I love Savannah's charm and history, but the location of Portland is better. I'm going with Savannah, because of the warm weather.

Angle Inlet, MN or War, WV?

Old 07-05-2022, 11:12 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Aspen, CO or Whistler, BC?
Aspen. I have no interest in winter sports, but I have no desire to live in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
War, WV. It's a thousand miles from nowhere, but it's in some beautiful country and its winters are much milder.

Richmond, Virginia or Nashville, Tennessee?

Old 07-05-2022, 11:14 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Oh this is a tough one! Both cities are great for both different and similar reasons. I love Savannah's charm and history, but the location of Portland is better. I'm going with Savannah, because of the warm weather.

War... It's more populous with more basic amenities in town and far less "off the grid" than Angle Inlet. The warmer climate would be preferred as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Aspen. I have no interest in winter sports, but I have no desire to live in Canada.

War, WV. It's a thousand miles from nowhere, but it's in some beautiful country and its winters are much milder.

Nashville... Give me the larger city/metro

Chattanooga, TN or Fayetteville, AR?

Old 07-05-2022, 12:43 PM

14,317 posts, read 9,198,855 times
Quote:

Richmond. Its music scene isn't as lively as Nashville's, but it has a load of elegance (and I like that kind of elegance), one of the best mid-sized art museums in the country (the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts), and some great entertainment/dining/shopping districts of its own.

Pasadena, Calif., or Pasadena, Texas? (This is one of the three common elements that LA and Houston share that lead me to call Houston "Texas' answer to LA." You're welcome to guess the other two.)

Old 07-05-2022, 02:34 PM

353 posts, read 159,553 times
Pasadena CA. I like the archetecture downtown and the San Gabriel Mountains as a backdrop. Even if the annual Rose Bowl Parade every Jan 1 won't be the same without LA in the PAC 12.

Sherbrooke Quebec or London Ontario?

Old 07-05-2022, 07:25 PM

10,769 posts, read 23,905,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Pasadena CA. I like the archetecture downtown and the San Gabriel Mountains as a backdrop. Even if the annual Rose Bowl Parade every Jan 1 won't be the same without LA in the PAC 12

Sherbrooke Quebec or London Ontario?
Sherbrooke, the Eastern Townships region of Quebec is a beautiful area, close to Montreal, lots of skiing and lakes nearby. It's a nice small city that's clean with a good amount of amenities.

I don't know much about London, Ontario. The guy who coined the term "stroads" is from there and he often uses his hometown in his videos with footage of stroads there whilst he disparages his hometown calling it Fake London. It can't be that bad.

Salt Lake City or Tucson?

Old 07-05-2022, 08:24 PM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Sherbrooke, the Eastern Townships region of Quebec is a beautiful area, close to Montreal, lots of skiing and lakes nearby. It's a nice small city that's clean with a good amount of amenities.

I don't know much about London, Ontario. The guy who coined the term "stroads" is from there and he often uses his hometown in his videos with footage of stroads there whilst he disparages his hometown calling it Fake London. It can't be that bad.

Salt Lake City or Tucson?
Salt Lake City. Tucson is kind of backwards. Salt Lake City has great scenery and nicer downtown things to do.

Farragut, TN or Madison, AL?

Old 07-06-2022, 07:51 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Chattanooga, TN or Fayetteville, AR?
Chattanooga. I'm more familiar with the area, and I prefer its regional location closer to family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Farragut, TN or Madison, AL?
I think I'd choose Farragut. I'm not bought in to the Huntsville hype machine. Eastern Tennessee is just such a beautiful area.

Troy, Alabama or Terre Haute, Indiana?

Old 07-06-2022, 11:22 AM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Chattanooga. I'm more familiar with the area, and I prefer its regional location closer to family.

I think I'd choose Farragut. I'm not bought in to the Huntsville hype machine. Eastern Tennessee is just such a beautiful area.

Troy, Alabama or Terre Haute, Indiana?
I'd go with Terre Haute. I'd rather live there, than say a town in southeast Alabama that isn't close to a lot of other bigger cities and metros. Also I've never been too fond, of Montgomery. Although I did like that clever singing furniture ad that came out of Montgomery, and was later parodied on a few other shows like The Cleveland Show. Did I mention it's bigger, than Troy?

And don't forget there are some nice towns not far away(i.e. Greencastle, IN), along with covered bridges not far from both Greencastle and Terre Haute. And Terre Haute has a few nice neighborhoods, too. Thanks to the neighborhood vs. neighborhood(though it's more like comparing street views) thread here, for making me more aware of those.

Troy I suspect is probably an alright town for the 'wiregrass' region(to those from Alabama like EscAlaMike, let me know if Troy is a little north of that Wiregrass region or not), but I'd rather live in Terre Haute. And I love the national highway(US Hwy. 40), myself.

Speaking of places along the national highway/US 40: Richmond, IN, or Springfield, OH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City