Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2021, 07:38 PM

3,951 posts, read 2,266,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Springfield, Missouri is cheaper. Although it’s more dangerous, it’s easier to buy a gun in Missouri.

Saratoga Springs, New York or Saratoga Springs, Utah?
Utah because it's closer to larger cities and towns. Las Cruces NM or Santa Fe NM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 01:32 PM

16,602 posts, read 10,767,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Utah because it's closer to larger cities and towns. Las Cruces NM or Santa Fe NM?
I'm going to go with Santa Fe. I think it's a more attractive city and there's also somewhat more of a four-season climate there. I don't mean to knock Las Cruces, because it made a favorable impression on me, the one time I was ever there. But yeah, Santa Fe for me. I just hope I get a good enough job there that I can afford to maintain a decent lifestyle, because my understanding is that it's not cheap.

Prescott, AZ or Flagstaff, AZ?

Old 10-23-2021, 08:48 PM

899 posts, read 531,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I'm going to go with Santa Fe. I think it's a more attractive city and there's also somewhat more of a four-season climate there. I don't mean to knock Las Cruces, because it made a favorable impression on me, the one time I was ever there. But yeah, Santa Fe for me. I just hope I get a good enough job there that I can afford to maintain a decent lifestyle, because my understanding is that it's not cheap.

Prescott, AZ or Flagstaff, AZ?
Both are similar, but I'll take Prescott due to lower costs and because it's not dominated by a college.

South Sarasota, Florida or Pelican Bay, Florida?

Old 10-23-2021, 11:48 PM

2,309 posts, read 1,709,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Both are similar, but I'll take Prescott due to lower costs and because it's not dominated by a college.

South Sarasota, Florida or Pelican Bay, Florida?
South Sarasota! I really love the Sarasota area! Very beautiful with amazing beaches! The Naples area is nice too but Pelican Bay is a little farther from amenities.

Lynchburg, VA or Oak View, CA

Old 10-24-2021, 10:17 AM

9,733 posts, read 9,517,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
South Sarasota! I really love the Sarasota area! Very beautiful with amazing beaches! The Naples area is nice too but Pelican Bay is a little farther from amenities.

Lynchburg, VA or Oak View, CA
I agree. How I miss my Sarasota! Lynchburg, VA due to the university and having more things to do. It is also an easy day trip to Roanoke and Charlottesville.

Austin, TX or Nashville, TN?

Old 10-24-2021, 10:47 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,897,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
I agree. How I miss my Sarasota! Lynchburg, VA due to the university and having more things to do. It is also an easy day trip to Roanoke and Charlottesville.

Austin, TX or Nashville, TN?
Austin! Better BBQ.

Salem, OR or Olympia, WA

Old 10-24-2021, 08:03 PM

3,509 posts, read 3,437,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
Austin! Better BBQ.

Salem, OR or Olympia, WA
I'd slightly go with Olympia, since there's a little more to do there in terms of museums and etc. And the lack of an income tax in Washington state, is also nice. And it seems there's a little less crime in Olympia, vs. Salem. This was a tough call for me, since I do see both positives and negatives about both cities, plus their surrounding area and nearby state/national parks.

Now to compare 2 lesser talked about(vs. College Station) Texas college towns: Huntsville, TX, or Nacogdoches, TX?

Old 10-25-2021, 04:47 AM

2,573 posts, read 2,915,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'd slightly go with Olympia, since there's a little more to do there in terms of museums and etc. And the lack of an income tax in Washington state, is also nice. And it seems there's a little less crime in Olympia, vs. Salem. This was a tough call for me, since I do see both positives and negatives about both cities, plus their surrounding area and nearby state/national parks.

Now to compare 2 lesser talked about(vs. College Station) Texas college towns: Huntsville, TX, or Nacogdoches, TX?
Huntsville... Neither city seems particularly nice but I like that Huntsville is much closer to Houston than Nacogdoches is to any other major city.

Continuing the theme of lesser-known college towns within the same state:

Stony Brook, NY or New Paltz, NY?

Old 10-25-2021, 08:26 AM

16,602 posts, read 10,767,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Huntsville... Neither city seems particularly nice but I like that Huntsville is much closer to Houston than Nacogdoches is to any other major city.

Continuing the theme of lesser-known college towns within the same state:

Stony Brook, NY or New Paltz, NY?
Going by the name alone, I'd pick Stony Brook. It just sounds very pleasant, whereas New Paltz sounds kind of harsh to my ears. I've never been to either one, and in looking at pictures, they both look nice, with the edge going to New Paltz. But what seals the deal for me is that Stony Brook is on Long Island, and I simply have no desire to live on that island. So, New Paltz it is.

Now, for two cities that are on opposite ends of the disjointed Interstate 76: Denver, CO or Philadelphia, PA?

Old 10-25-2021, 08:33 AM

13,841 posts, read 8,122,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Now, for two cities that are on opposite ends of the disjointed Interstate 76: Denver, CO or Philadelphia, PA?
I've never been to Denver, but I have been to Philadelphia and liked it a lot. While both places would probably be a bit of a culture shock if I had to live and raise my family there, I think I'd have an easier time adjusting to Philadelphia. I also like how the city has so much civic pride. I guess I'd pick Philadelphia.

Going back to the lesser known college town theme:

Greenville, North Carolina or Conway, South Carolina?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City