Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2021, 03:52 PM

4,753 posts, read 3,066,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Rochester would offer more but I'm more curious about Portland, it's much more different from the Rust Belt areas I grew up in. Northern New England is one of the only regions in the country I still haven't been to.

Oswego, IL or Folsom, CA?
Folsom... nothing really notable about it, as far as I know, but it's close to the Sierras.
And not the best weather in California, but still pretty good... summers a bit long and hot,
but more tolerable to me than a Midwest winter.

Albuquerque or Colorado Springs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 07:04 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Folsom... nothing really notable about it, as far as I know, but it's close to the Sierras.
And not the best weather in California, but still pretty good... summers a bit long and hot,
but more tolerable to me than a Midwest winter.

Albuquerque or Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs. And if I remember correctly, Albuquerque has more crime issues vs. Colorado Springs. If you had said Santa Fe instead, it would've been a harder pick for me, since I was more curious(and maybe live there too?) about checking out Santa Fe, vs. Albuquerque.

Moab, UT, or Jackson, WY?

Old 10-18-2021, 04:46 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Colorado Springs. And if I remember correctly, Albuquerque has more crime issues vs. Colorado Springs. If you had said Santa Fe instead, it would've been a harder pick for me, since I was more curious(and maybe live there too?) about checking out Santa Fe, vs. Albuquerque.

Moab, UT, or Jackson, WY?
Jackson... especially if money was not a worry. Both are in very interesting, yet isolated, geographic areas. The tourist influx in Jackson would be a bit to navigate but I think it would be worth it since there are many more amenities in town.

St Marys, PA or St Marys, OH?

Old 10-18-2021, 07:20 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
St Marys, PA or St Marys, OH?
I think I'd pick the one in Ohio. I've been there before, and it's a pleasant enough town. The one in PA has a fascinating history and looks nice too, but it's very isolated.

Shreveport, Louisiana or Macon, Georgia?

Old 10-18-2021, 02:19 PM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I think I'd pick the one in Ohio. I've been there before, and it's a pleasant enough town. The one in PA has a fascinating history and looks nice too, but it's very isolated.

Macon. I've lived in Shreveport and have no desire to return. Plus, Macon isn't far from Atlanta.

Old 10-19-2021, 11:48 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,561,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

Macon. I prefer its location.

Cincinnati, OH (IN/KY) metro area or Pittsburgh, PA metro area?

Old 10-19-2021, 01:24 PM

899 posts, read 528,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Macon. I prefer its location.

Cincinnati, OH (IN/KY) metro area or Pittsburgh, PA metro area?
I’ve noticed a lot of gentrification in the Pittsburgh area, so I’ll take that one.

Lake Forest, CA or Camarillo, CA?

Old 10-19-2021, 03:45 PM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
I’ve noticed a lot of gentrification in the Pittsburgh area, so I’ll take that one.

Lake Forest, CA or Camarillo, CA?
Camarillo. I think the area is more appealing to me. Ft. Lauderdale FL or Vista CA?

Old 10-20-2021, 08:44 AM

8,991 posts, read 17,350,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Camarillo. I think the area is more appealing to me. Ft. Lauderdale FL or Vista CA?
Fort Lauderdale. I know it isn't popular to admit this, but I actually like South Florida.

Fort Collins CO or Ashville NC

Old 10-20-2021, 08:59 AM

67 posts, read 62,184 times
knowing not a terrible amount about either, id go with Ashville, NC. it has mountains and its still east coast.

Buffalo NY or Pittsburgh PA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City