Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2022, 07:24 PM

2,389 posts, read 2,377,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Researching both these towns, I think I'd pick DeLand. It has an Amtrak station(even if only one of the 2 Silver trains stops in DeLand, that isn't bad), and to me a little more of an interesting downtown. Even has a small art museum to boot, which is I think may be about the size of Racine's(WI) art museum?

Beach towns near military bases in Florida, and slightly inland from a huge body of water: Merritt Island, or Fort Walton Beach?
Deland was the right choice, it’s better than Brooksville… Okay, between Ft Walton Beach and Merrit Island I’d go with Merrit Island without thinking twice. Ft Walton Beach, along with the rest of the panhandle, is like southern Alabama and has little in common with the rest of Florida. It’s also pretty isolated. Merrit Island is fairly close to Orlando at least.

Arlington, VA or Stamford, CT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2022, 10:39 AM

4,445 posts, read 4,358,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Deland was the right choice, it’s better than Brooksville… Okay, between Ft Walton Beach and Merrit Island I’d go with Merrit Island without thinking twice. Ft Walton Beach, along with the rest of the panhandle, is like southern Alabama and has little in common with the rest of Florida. It’s also pretty isolated. Merrit Island is fairly close to Orlando at least.

Arlington, VA or Stamford, CT
Arlington VA. I like being close to DC and Alexandria

Germantown MD or Germantown TN?

Old 07-19-2022, 12:49 PM

9,738 posts, read 9,524,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Arlington VA. I like being close to DC and Alexandria

Germantown MD or Germantown TN?
Germantown, MD because I would rather live near DC than Memphis, unless you were referring to the other Germantown neighborhood in Nashville. Germantown, MD has many scenic parks and farms to visit.

Zionsville, IN or Morristown, TN?

Old 07-19-2022, 03:41 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,442,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Germantown, MD because I would rather live near DC than Memphis, unless you were referring to the other Germantown neighborhood in Nashville. Germantown, MD has many scenic parks and farms to visit.

Zionsville, IN or Morristown, TN?
I'll pick Zionsville, between these 2 places. Morristown's downtown looks okay, but it seems like there are a lot of vacancies with its downtown. That said, that 2nd floor walkway system along Main Street for a few blocks in downtown Morristown is interesting, and something I hadn't seen in any other small town before. Street view of what I mean: https://goo.gl/maps/3SnyNMdP5K2BvoTg6

I wonder if this was something devised by several downtown landlords, to attract extra businesses to open up on the 2nd floors of businesses along Main Street? Back to Zionsville, I like how it isn't far from Indianapolis, and also Carmel.

Towns with car plants: Georgetown, KY(Toyota), or Madison, AL(Mazda)?

Old 07-19-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll pick Zionsville, between these 2 places. Morristown's downtown looks okay, but it seems like there are a lot of vacancies with its downtown. That said, that 2nd floor walkway system along Main Street for a few blocks in downtown Morristown is interesting, and something I hadn't seen in any other small town before. Street view of what I mean: https://goo.gl/maps/3SnyNMdP5K2BvoTg6

I wonder if this was something devised by several downtown landlords, to attract extra businesses to open up on the 2nd floors of businesses along Main Street? Back to Zionsville, I like how it isn't far from Indianapolis, and also Carmel.

Towns with car plants: Georgetown, KY(Toyota), or Madison, AL(Mazda)?
Close call. Both nice, growing regions near Lexington, KY and Huntsville, AL. Slight edge to Madison for its wonderful parks system and nice commercial areas. This place has really grown over the last few years.

Norman, OK or Tuscaloosa, AL?

Old 07-20-2022, 06:50 AM

2,576 posts, read 2,918,473 times
Quote:
Close call. Both nice, growing regions near Lexington, KY and Huntsville, AL. Slight edge to Madison for its wonderful parks system and nice commercial areas. This place has really grown over the last few years.

Norman, OK or Tuscaloosa, AL?
Norman... I like that it's closer/better connected to OKC than Tuscaloosa is to Birmingham. That region is a slightly better fit for me culturally as well.

Athens, GA or Bloomington, IN?

Old 07-20-2022, 07:10 AM

436 posts, read 315,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Norman... I like that it's closer/better connected to OKC than Tuscaloosa is to Birmingham. That region is a slightly better fit for me culturally as well.

Athens, GA or Bloomington, IN?
Athens, GA. Prefer to be near Atlanta

2 high income mostly African American communities outside of PG County, MD
Windsor Hills, CA or Olympia Fields, IL?

Old 07-20-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
Athens, GA. Prefer to be near Atlanta

2 high income mostly African American communities outside of PG County, MD
Windsor Hills, CA or Olympia Fields, IL?
Olympia Fields because I would much rather live near Chicago. This area has neat history and I want to try the Caribbean restaurant.

San Quentin, CA or Moundsville, WV?

Old 07-20-2022, 07:54 PM

899 posts, read 532,045 times
Quote:
Olympia Fields because I would much rather live near Chicago. This area has neat history and I want to try the Caribbean restaurant.

San Quentin, CA or Moundsville, WV?
San Quentin is close to a lot of Bay Area jobs, whereas Moundsville isn't close to any major city.

Tempe, AZ or Pasadena, CA?

Old 07-20-2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
San Quentin is close to a lot of Bay Area jobs, whereas Moundsville isn't close to any major city.

Tempe, AZ or Pasadena, CA?
Tempe due to lower cost of living and nice homes. Nice scenery, parks, and things to do.

Concord, NC or Bowling Green, KY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City