Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2023, 04:03 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,418,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Huh, I live in CA and I've never heard of Camarillo. It's a pretty decent-sized LA suburb too (71k people). I'll take Camarillo just because West Texas is so painfully isolated. But Ventura County is my least favorite part of the LA area, and Camarillo doesn't look like it bucks any stereotypes in terms of walkability, architectural diversity, etc.

Charleston, IL or Cheyenne, WY?
Neither if these places are exciting ones, to consider moving to. I guess I'd narrowly pick Cheyenne, since it's a little closer to Fort Collins, than the distance to Champaign and Urbana is from Charleston.

Minot, ND, or Aberdeen, SD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2023, 07:04 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,640,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Minot, ND, or Aberdeen, SD?
Aberdeen is a really nice healthy comfortable small city; the kind of place you'd like to raise your kids. Minot is fugly and spoiled due to the Bakken mess.

Dothan, AL or Hattiesburg, MS?

Old 04-13-2023, 12:28 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,244,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Aberdeen is a really nice healthy comfortable small city; the kind of place you'd like to raise your kids. Minot is fugly and spoiled due to the Bakken mess.

Dothan, AL or Hattiesburg, MS?
I'd pick Dothan. El Paso or Memphis?

Old 04-13-2023, 01:30 PM

13,755 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
El Paso or Memphis?
I'd pick Memphis if it had to be forever, but El Paso if it was a ~2-year stint. El Paso is more interesting and "exciting". I'd like to experience it and then probably move on. But Memphis feels more like home.

Kalamazoo, Michigan or Hickory, North Carolina?

Old 04-13-2023, 02:58 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,640,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Kalamazoo, Michigan or Hickory, North Carolina?
WAY too many republicans in Hickory, though the weather there would be better. The university in Kalamazoo helps keep the town interesting. Kalamazoo for me!

Concord NH or Concord MA?

Old 04-14-2023, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
WAY too many republicans in Hickory, though the weather there would be better. The university in Kalamazoo helps keep the town interesting. Kalamazoo for me!

Concord NH or Concord MA?
The one in New Hampshire, since I would really like to explore NH and Maine. And as I'd rather live in NH, unlike the one in Massachusetts.

Gloucester, MA, or Gloucester, VA?

Old 04-16-2023, 08:29 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,333,730 times
Quote:
The one in New Hampshire, since I would really like to explore NH and Maine. And as I'd rather live in NH, unlike the one in Massachusetts.

Gloucester, MA, or Gloucester, VA?
Gloucester MA for sure. Much more interesting area and right on the ocean. Gloucester VA is kind of meh.

Springfield MA or Springfield OR?

Old 04-16-2023, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Gloucester MA for sure. Much more interesting area and right on the ocean. Gloucester VA is kind of meh.

Springfield MA or Springfield OR?
Looking at the crime rates for both places, I'd safely say Springfield, Oregon. My gosh, at how bad the crime rate for the one in Massachusetts is.

Pittsfield, MA, or Rutland, VT?

Old 04-16-2023, 04:23 PM

10,770 posts, read 23,907,975 times
Quote:
Looking at the crime rates for both places, I'd safely say Springfield, Oregon. My gosh, at how bad the crime rate for the one in Massachusetts is.

Pittsfield, MA, or Rutland, VT?
I'm inclined to pick Pittsfield. Rutland is the butt of jokes and kind of a whipping boy for Vermont as it's pretty much regarded as the armpit of the state. It was once the second largest city in the state, but has been steadily losing population. Though one could do a lot worse. Pittsfield has some issues too as it's a small post industrial city, but I like the Berkshires and its location, so it wouldn't be bad.

Guilford, CT or Westerly, RI?

Old 04-17-2023, 12:40 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,244,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
I'm inclined to pick Pittsfield. Rutland is the butt of jokes and kind of a whipping boy for Vermont as it's pretty much regarded as the armpit of the state. It was once the second largest city in the state, but has been steadily losing population. Though one could do a lot worse. Pittsfield has some issues too as it's a small post industrial city, but I like the Berkshires and its location, so it wouldn't be bad.

Guilford, CT or Westerly, RI?
RI. I've always found it interesting. Lima, OH or Dothan AL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City