Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2023, 05:06 AM

468 posts, read 361,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Freeport probably, since it isn't too far to Portland. Pendleton looks to be too isolated, of a town.

I guess I'll continue the trend of talking about out of the way places, for this. Sturgeon Bay, WI, or Petoskey, MI?
Both are in absolutely beautiful locations but I'm partial to Petoskey here. Emmet County MI is a bit more "upscale" than Door County and has a few more amenities for year round living.

Lexington KY, or Bentonville AR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2023, 09:55 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landolakes90 View Post
Both are in absolutely beautiful locations but I'm partial to Petoskey here. Emmet County MI is a bit more "upscale" than Door County and has a few more amenities for year round living.

Lexington KY, or Bentonville AR?
Lexington due to location and things to do. I like the arts culture and fine dining options. Lexington is also close to Louisville and Cincinnati.

Wilmington, NC or Columbia, MO?

Old 04-01-2023, 01:50 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,648,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Wilmington, NC or Columbia, MO?
I've been to Columbia - it's fine. But I'm going to pick Wilmington because everyone seems to love it and I'd like to know why.

OK, let's be boring: Chicago or NYC?

Old 04-01-2023, 02:41 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I've been to Columbia - it's fine. But I'm going to pick Wilmington because everyone seems to love it and I'd like to know why.

OK, let's be boring: Chicago or NYC?
Wouldn't want to live in either truthfully but I guess Chicago. Las Vegas or New Orleans'?

Old 04-01-2023, 02:56 PM

755 posts, read 578,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Wouldn't want to live in either truthfully but I guess Chicago. Las Vegas or New Orleans'?
This is a tough one. I like New Orleans more, as it feels more unique & has less sprawl, but it's also flood prone. I also prefer New Orleans's activity outside of its main area compared to Vegas. Neither Louisiana or Nevada are my favorite, and I prefer other metros. I'll choose Las Vegas to live since it's not flood prone, and its proximity to Southern California.

Billings, MT or Cheyenne, WY?

Old 04-01-2023, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Billings, MT or Cheyenne, WY?
Billings has gotten too oilandgassy. Cheyenne was still pretty last I looked, but it's been some years. Anyway, I pick Cheyenne.

More standard places: Los Angeles or Houston?

Old 04-01-2023, 05:39 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Billings has gotten too oilandgassy. Cheyenne was still pretty last I looked, but it's been some years. Anyway, I pick Cheyenne.

More standard places: Los Angeles or Houston?
Houston due to less homeless and drugs. Also like the lower cost of living and nicer people.

Nashville, TN or St. Louis, MO?

Old 04-01-2023, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Nashville, TN or St. Louis, MO?
Nashville, because it's in a beautiful geographic area. I like St. Louis, though. Great roads!

Seattle, WA or Minneapolis/St.Paul, MN?

Old 04-02-2023, 02:13 AM

6,441 posts, read 5,098,516 times
Quote:
Nashville, because it's in a beautiful geographic area. I like St. Louis, though. Great roads!

Seattle, WA or Minneapolis/St.Paul, MN?
I guess the Twin Cities. I left Seattle less than a year ago and don't feel a strong desire to move back there --- not that I disliked it, just kinda feel done with it for a while.

If I were to stay in the Twin Cities for multiple years, I'd be a bit concerned about my social life. Seems like people get married and settle down on the early side there, for a large blue-state city, because they can afford to. It's a rare drawback of having a low cost of living. But for a few months or a year, meh, there's a lot to enjoy there. I've long wanted to spend some time exploring the Northwoods and rowing out by myself on those serene lakes.

Hartford, CT or Coeur d'Alene, ID?

Old 04-02-2023, 07:11 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
I guess the Twin Cities. I left Seattle less than a year ago and don't feel a strong desire to move back there --- not that I disliked it, just kinda feel done with it for a while.

If I were to stay in the Twin Cities for multiple years, I'd be a bit concerned about my social life. Seems like people get married and settle down on the early side there, for a large blue-state city, because they can afford to. It's a rare drawback of having a low cost of living. But for a few months or a year, meh, there's a lot to enjoy there. I've long wanted to spend some time exploring the Northwoods and rowing out by myself on those serene lakes.

Hartford, CT or Coeur d'Alene, ID?
Hartford... CdA seems like a nice place to vacation but I would prefer urbanity, diversity, and better access to jobs/amenities in a full-time living location. Hartford has its issues but it's a big enough place to have livable areas worth looking into.

St Cloud, MN or Janesville, WI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City