Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2023, 01:39 PM

8,992 posts, read 17,365,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'd go with Ypsilanti, for sure. Gastonia has more issues with crime, sadly to say. And at least Ypsi is pretty close, to Ann Arbor.

Lakewood, OH, or Shorewood, WI?
Lakewood is probably in my top 3 favorite Midwestern suburbs. So when I read Lakewood, I was ready to jump all over it. Shorewood is interesting though. I've been to the Atwater Park in Shorewood, but I haven't spent much time in Shorewood otherwise. I think Milwaukee is a generally pretty underrated city itself, and it is on the shore of Lake Michigan which is my personal favorite great lake (like it matters as a practical matter).

I'm still picking Lakewood, but I actually spent some time thinking about it. Which is interesting considering Lakewood really is one of my all time favorite suburbs, this is the internet, I'm not actually thinking about moving, and it literally does not matter which one I pick.

Colorado Springs CO or Knoxville TN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2023, 03:12 PM

4,436 posts, read 4,344,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Lakewood is probably in my top 3 favorite Midwestern suburbs. So when I read Lakewood, I was ready to jump all over it. Shorewood is interesting though. I've been to the Atwater Park in Shorewood, but I haven't spent much time in Shorewood otherwise. I think Milwaukee is a generally pretty underrated city itself, and it is on the shore of Lake Michigan which is my personal favorite great lake (like it matters as a practical matter).

I'm still picking Lakewood, but I actually spent some time thinking about it. Which is interesting considering Lakewood really is one of my all time favorite suburbs, this is the internet, I'm not actually thinking about moving, and it literally does not matter which one I pick.

Colorado Springs CO or Knoxville TN
I’ll go Knoxville TN. More interesting downtown with the college vibe and unlike Colorado Springs. It’s set in the middle of the Appalachian mountains. Love the greenery.

Santa Barbara CA or Santa Cruz CA?

Old 04-10-2023, 03:43 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,648,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Santa Barbara CA or Santa Cruz CA?
When I used to live in the area, Santa Barbara was where the rich people lived and Santa Cruz was where the hippies lived. So, in the past i would have picked Santa Cruz.

However, I've read that Santa Cruz now has a homelessness (eg "addicts who live on the streets) problem, so I pick Santa Barbara. I have no pity at all for addicts.

Places with no addicts who live on the streets:

Vermillion, SD or Grand Forks, ND?

Old 04-11-2023, 07:02 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
When I used to live in the area, Santa Barbara was where the rich people lived and Santa Cruz was where the hippies lived. So, in the past i would have picked Santa Cruz.

However, I've read that Santa Cruz now has a homelessness (eg "addicts who live on the streets) problem, so I pick Santa Barbara. I have no pity at all for addicts.

Places with no addicts who live on the streets:

Vermillion, SD or Grand Forks, ND?
Grand Forks due to it being a little larger. St. Petersburg FL or Mesa AZ?

Old 04-11-2023, 07:40 AM

13,814 posts, read 8,095,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
St. Petersburg FL or Mesa AZ?
St. Petersburg. I prefer the humid climate.

Louisville, Kentucky or Omaha, Nebraska?

Old 04-11-2023, 09:56 AM

4,436 posts, read 4,344,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
St. Petersburg. I prefer the humid climate.

Louisville, Kentucky or Omaha, Nebraska?
Louisville seems like the more interesting city and better natural setting. Just hope it fully reaches its potential soon especially with the waterfront. Definitely taking it over Omaha.

Rochester MN or Fort Collins CO?

Old 04-11-2023, 10:45 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,908,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Louisville seems like the more interesting city and better natural setting. Just hope it fully reaches its potential soon especially with the waterfront. Definitely taking it over Omaha.

Rochester MN or Fort Collins CO?
Fort Collins... both seem like great cities to raise a family but I prefer Fort Collins's location on the Front Range, its dryer climate, and the large university presence in town.

Tyler, TX or Wichita Falls, TX?

Old 04-11-2023, 03:47 PM

16,597 posts, read 10,749,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Fort Collins... both seem like great cities to raise a family but I prefer Fort Collins's location on the Front Range, its dryer climate, and the large university presence in town.

Tyler, TX or Wichita Falls, TX?
Wichita Falls. I like its location kind of halfway between Dallas/Fort Worth and Oklahoma City. Plus, I assume it would be a little less humid in the summer than Tyler.

Moore, OK or Grand Prairie, TX?

Old 04-11-2023, 09:14 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,648,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Moore, OK or Grand Prairie, TX?
I used to work in Moore! It was a great place to work, but there's really no there there - it's just part of the blob of OKC. On the other hand, Grand Prairie has been hit by more tornadoes than even Moore. Oh, I'm going to pick it just because I've never been there. And my house there will have a basement.

Amarillo, TX or Camarillo, CA?

Old 04-12-2023, 12:24 AM

6,441 posts, read 5,098,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I used to work in Moore! It was a great place to work, but there's really no there there - it's just part of the blob of OKC. On the other hand, Grand Prairie has been hit by more tornadoes than even Moore. Oh, I'm going to pick it just because I've never been there. And my house there will have a basement.

Amarillo, TX or Camarillo, CA?
Huh, I live in CA and I've never heard of Camarillo. It's a pretty decent-sized LA suburb too (71k people). I'll take Camarillo just because West Texas is so painfully isolated. But Ventura County is my least favorite part of the LA area, and Camarillo doesn't look like it bucks any stereotypes in terms of walkability, architectural diversity, etc.

Charleston, IL or Cheyenne, WY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City