Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2022, 09:23 AM

4,430 posts, read 4,339,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Bozeman. My aunt just got back from there and she said it was nice.

Henderson, KY or Prattville, AL?
Henderson KY. Nice scenic location on the water. Plus I would rather be in Kentucky

Newark DE or Chapel Hill NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 02:32 PM

2,567 posts, read 2,903,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Henderson KY. Nice scenic location on the water. Plus I would rather be in Kentucky

Newark DE or Chapel Hill NC?
Chapel Hill... generally prefer the mid-atlantic to the south(east), but Chapel Hill is too nice of a town to turn down. If Newark was a little closer to Philly then it might be more attractive to me.

Bowling Green, OH or Muncie, IN?

Old 12-05-2022, 07:02 PM

9,723 posts, read 9,487,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Chapel Hill... generally prefer the mid-atlantic to the south(east), but Chapel Hill is too nice of a town to turn down. If Newark was a little closer to Philly then it might be more attractive to me.

Bowling Green, OH or Muncie, IN?
Muncie due to having more things to do and better shopping.

Richmond, KY or Athens, AL?

Old 12-06-2022, 07:49 AM

13,775 posts, read 8,074,697 times
Quote:
Richmond, KY or Athens, AL?
Athens. I'd prefer to stay in Alabama.

Boulder, Colorado or Berkeley, California?

Old 12-06-2022, 04:43 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,415,783 times
neither but if I had to say Berkeley to be near the ocean and milder winters

Charleston, WV or Scranton , PA?

Old 12-07-2022, 05:25 AM

14,333 posts, read 9,214,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
neither but if I had to say Berkeley to be near the ocean and milder winters

Charleston, WV or Scranton , PA?
Scranton no longer looks to me like it had been frozen in amber in 1949; maybe "The Office" had something to do with that. But even though it's nestled in mountains, the ones surrounding Charleston are more impressive, and the city is better situated among them. It's also in a little better shape than Scranton IMO. So I'll take Charleston here.

Two cities whose names share a rarity among city names, but for different reasons:

Wilkes-Barre, Pa., or Winston-Salem, N.C.?

Old 12-07-2022, 07:32 AM

9,723 posts, read 9,487,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Scranton no longer looks to me like it had been frozen in amber in 1949; maybe "The Office" had something to do with that. But even though it's nestled in mountains, the ones surrounding Charleston are more impressive, and the city is better situated among them. It's also in a little better shape than Scranton IMO. So I'll take Charleston here.

Two cities whose names share a rarity among city names, but for different reasons:

Wilkes-Barre, Pa., or Winston-Salem, N.C.?
Winston-Salem due to having a larger population and more things to do. It is also revitalizing with interesting projects.

Crossville, TN or Texarkana, AR?

Old 12-07-2022, 09:35 PM

3,936 posts, read 2,248,297 times
Quote:
Winston-Salem due to having a larger population and more things to do. It is also revitalizing with interesting projects.

Crossville, TN or Texarkana, AR?
Texarkana. When combined with Texarkana TX, the population is almost 70,000. So I'll go with that. Newark NJ or Jersey City NJ?

Old 12-08-2022, 04:38 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,903,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Texarkana. When combined with Texarkana TX, the population is almost 70,000. So I'll go with that. Newark NJ or Jersey City NJ?
Jersey City... less crime, more diverse, closer to NYC, better public transit options, and has a nice waterfront neighborhood.

Carson City, NV or Salem, OR?

Old 12-08-2022, 06:40 AM

6,623 posts, read 12,132,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Jersey City... less crime, more diverse, closer to NYC, better public transit options, and has a nice waterfront neighborhood.

Carson City, NV or Salem, OR?
Tough one but Salem for it's location and scenery. I've heard good things about Carson City as well and it's close to Reno and Lake Tahoe, but I'm not really a fan of arid/semi-arid climates.

Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, UT (can't remember if I asked that already or not)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City