Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2022, 09:30 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,427,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Kennessaw because there is more to do and it has a better location. I thought about moving there for work, but found something closer to home.

Franklin, KY or Lawrenceburg, TN?
Both towns have their charms, but I'll go with Franklin. And I like its location, between Bowling Green and Nashville. I'm sure if I had to make do with living in Lawrenceburg, I could make it work. But I'll learn Franklin, on this one.

Sticking with comparing smaller Kentucky and Tennessee towns: Cadiz, KY, or Savannah, TN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 12:53 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Both towns have their charms, but I'll go with Franklin. And I like its location, between Bowling Green and Nashville. I'm sure if I had to make do with living in Lawrenceburg, I could make it work. But I'll learn Franklin, on this one.

Sticking with comparing smaller Kentucky and Tennessee towns: Cadiz, KY, or Savannah, TN?
Cadiz because it is located closer to Clarksville while Savannah is not close to a larger city. Cadiz also has better scenery with the Land Between the Lakes and Cumberland River close by.

Richmond, VA or Sacramento, CA?

Old 07-17-2022, 03:45 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Cadiz because it is located closer to Clarksville while Savannah is not close to a larger city. Cadiz also has better scenery with the Land Between the Lakes and Cumberland River close by.

Richmond, VA or Sacramento, CA?
Richmond. Less expensive and more interesting. Grand Island NE or Victoria TX?

Old 07-17-2022, 04:21 PM

6,441 posts, read 5,098,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Richmond. Less expensive and more interesting. Grand Island NE or Victoria TX?
Victoria. Having Mexico nearby would be cool, and south Texas would generally be more of a culture shock to me than another Midwestern town. Although I'm surprised that the Hispanic population is only 52% according to Wikipedia --- still very sizable, but seems low for being relatively close to the border.

Daly City, CA or Providence, RI?

Old 07-17-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Victoria. Having Mexico nearby would be cool, and south Texas would generally be more of a culture shock to me than another Midwestern town. Although I'm surprised that the Hispanic population is only 52% according to Wikipedia --- still very sizable, but seems low for being relatively close to the border.

Daly City, CA or Providence, RI?
I'll go with Providence, since I get this feeling it'd be more interesting to live there than Daly City. Yes I know Daly City is connected to SF via BART(and maybe also CalTrain commuter rail?), but to me I get this feeling Providence would be more interesting to live in. Plus I like how there's high speed rail, between Providence, Boston, NYC, Philly, Baltimore, DC, etc.

Portsmouth, NH, or Annapolis, MD?

Old 07-17-2022, 07:26 PM

2,381 posts, read 2,364,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll go with Providence, since I get this feeling it'd be more interesting to live there than Daly City. Yes I know Daly City is connected to SF via BART(and maybe also CalTrain commuter rail?), but to me I get this feeling Providence would be more interesting to live in. Plus I like how there's high speed rail, between Providence, Boston, NYC, Philly, Baltimore, DC, etc.

Portsmouth, NH, or Annapolis, MD?
That’s a tough call. I like Portsmouth a lot, but it’s a bit too small for me and it’s not that close to Boston. I think Annapolis is more livable realistically.

Denver (Cherry Creek) vs Alpharetta, GA

Old 07-18-2022, 05:15 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
That’s a tough call. I like Portsmouth a lot, but it’s a bit too small for me and it’s not that close to Boston. I think Annapolis is more livable realistically.

Denver (Cherry Creek) vs Alpharetta, GA
Cherry Creek... I'd be happy in both places but I prefer Cherry Creek for the more urban/walkable location.

Elyria, OH or Hamilton, OH?

Old 07-18-2022, 05:29 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,118,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Cherry Creek... I'd be happy in both places but I prefer Cherry Creek for the more urban/walkable location.

Elyria, OH or Hamilton, OH?
I’m a Cinci fan so I’ll take Hamilton.

Troy MI or Novi MI?

Old 07-18-2022, 07:18 AM

13,798 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
I’m a Cinci fan so I’ll take Hamilton.

Troy MI or Novi MI?
Troy. Novi has a reputation for being snobby.

Brooksville, Florida or DeLand, Florida?

Old 07-18-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Troy. Novi has a reputation for being snobby.

Brooksville, Florida or DeLand, Florida?
Researching both these towns, I think I'd pick DeLand. It has an Amtrak station(even if only one of the 2 Silver trains stops in DeLand, that isn't bad), and to me a little more of an interesting downtown. Even has a small art museum to boot, which is I think may be about the size of Racine's(WI) art museum?

Beach towns near military bases in Florida, and slightly inland from a huge body of water: Merritt Island, or Fort Walton Beach?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City