Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2022, 11:28 AM

4,446 posts, read 4,361,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'd go with Terre Haute. I'd rather live there, than say a town in southeast Alabama that isn't close to a lot of other bigger cities and metros. Also I've never been too fond, of Montgomery. Although I did like that clever singing furniture ad that came out of Montgomery, and was later parodied on a few other shows like The Cleveland Show. Did I mention it's bigger, than Troy?

And don't forget there are some nice towns not far away(i.e. Greencastle, IN), along with covered bridges not far from both Greencastle and Terre Haute. And Terre Haute has a few nice neighborhoods, too. Thanks to the neighborhood vs. neighborhood(though it's more like comparing street views) thread here, for making me more aware of those.

Troy I suspect is probably an alright town for the 'wiregrass' region(to those from Alabama like EscAlaMike, let me know if Troy is a little north of that Wiregrass region or not), but I'd rather live in Terre Haute. And I love the national highway(US Hwy. 40), myself.

Speaking of places along the national highway/US 40: Richmond, IN, or Springfield, OH?
Springfield OH seems a little bigger and a better location

Does Moines IA or Tucson AZ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 12:07 PM

9,740 posts, read 9,529,677 times
Richmond, IN. I like the city's promenade area and jazz history. I expect this area to continue to grow being strategically located close to three metro areas.

Gastonia, NC or Hendersonville, TN?

Old 07-06-2022, 12:07 PM

863 posts, read 696,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post

Tucson, AZ because I'd take dry heat over cold and snow any day.

Eureka Springs, AR or Gatlinburg, TN?

Old 07-06-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:

Easily Des Moines. The city has more to offer and is in better shape.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:23 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,137,673 times
Quote:
Troy I suspect is probably an alright town for the 'wiregrass' region(to those from Alabama like EscAlaMike, let me know if Troy is a little north of that Wiregrass region or not), but I'd rather live in Terre Haute.
Yes, Troy is usually considered part of the Wiregrass Region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
While I prefer the aesthetics of Gastonia as a town due to it having an actual downtown and its own identity independent of Charlotte, I think I'd rather live in Hendersonville. It's a beautiful area, and Nashville is a much more interesting city than Charlotte. Also I believe TN will have lower taxes than NC.

Jacksonville, Florida or Portland, Oregon?

Old 07-07-2022, 10:21 AM

14,367 posts, read 9,270,533 times
This one got skipped:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
Eureka Springs, AR or Gatlinburg, TN?
Eureka Springs. I really like the Ozarks, and this town has blossomed into an arts-and-antiques mecca with a charming downtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Yes, Troy is usually considered part of the Wiregrass Region.

While I prefer the aesthetics of Gastonia as a town due to it having an actual downtown and its own identity independent of Charlotte, I think I'd rather live in Hendersonville. It's a beautiful area, and Nashville is a much more interesting city than Charlotte. Also I believe TN will have lower taxes than NC.

Jacksonville, Florida or Portland, Oregon?
Even though it has a people mover, which would otherwise move it up my list on transit-geek grounds, Jacksonville, despite having an NFL team, still doesn't match Portland in my book. Besides, Portland has a more extensive LRT system and a livelier city core (from what I can tell).

Lawrence, Kan., or Lawrence, Mass.? (I think I may have asked this one before, but it's been a while since I did, and it might be interesting to see how it’s answered now.)

Old 07-07-2022, 12:53 PM

4,446 posts, read 4,361,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
This one got skipped:

Eureka Springs. I really like the Ozarks, and this town has blossomed into an arts-and-antiques mecca with a charming downtown.

Even though it has a people mover, which would otherwise move it up my list on transit-geek grounds, Jacksonville, despite having an NFL team, still doesn't match Portland in my book. Besides, Portland has a more extensive LRT system and a livelier city core (from what I can tell).

Lawrence, Kan., or Lawrence, Mass.? (I think I may have asked this one before, but it's been a while since I did, and it might be interesting to see how it’s answered now.)
Lawrence MA. I’d prefer to be in most of New England compared to Kansas

Middleburg VA or Ridgefield CT?

Old 07-07-2022, 01:20 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,273,414 times
Quote:
Lawrence MA. I’d prefer to be in most of New England compared to Kansas

Middleburg VA or Ridgefield CT?
Bridgefield most definitely! Middleburg is way too small. El Cajon CA or Miami Beach FL?

Old 07-07-2022, 02:06 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,443,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Bridgefield most definitely! Middleburg is way too small. El Cajon CA or Miami Beach FL?
I think El Cajon. Miami Beach strikes me as a place I'd want to visit at least once, but not live in. And then there's the risk of hurricanes, in Miami Beach. El Cajon also has a San Diego Trolley line serving it, which is nice.

Pensacola, FL, or Corpus Christi, TX?

Old 07-07-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I think El Cajon. Miami Beach strikes me as a place I'd want to visit at least once, but not live in. And then there's the risk of hurricanes, in Miami Beach. El Cajon also has a San Diego Trolley line serving it, which is nice.

Pensacola, FL, or Corpus Christi, TX?
Pensacola, FL due to the sugar sand beaches and better location. I like the seafood restaurants and shopping.

Tucson, AZ or Boise, ID?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City