Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2022, 11:50 AM

4,446 posts, read 4,361,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
El Centro... it's a larger city/metro whereas El Campo is just a small town, and even though I'm not crazy about the location, I'd still be less than 2 hours from San Diego.

Binghamton, NY or Manchester, NH?
Manchester NH. Just a better overall city and location.

Park City UT or Leavenworth WA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 11:56 AM

14,367 posts, read 9,270,533 times
Quote:
El Centro... it's a larger city/metro whereas El Campo is just a small town, and even though I'm not crazy about the location, I'd still be less than 2 hours from San Diego.

Binghamton, NY or Manchester, NH?
Having spent time in Manchester, Binghamton.

New Hampshire's largest city has gotten less blah since I left New England in the early 1980s, but I can't imagine that it would be a more interesting place to live than the home of one of the flagship campuses of the State University of New York. It may be less than half Manchester's size, but I also suspect its setting among the hills of New York's Southern Tier is more comely as well.

I'll offer a similar possible mismatch between cities, one of which is in New Hampshire:

Portsmouth, N.H., or Portsmouth, Va.?

Old 07-13-2022, 04:27 PM

9,740 posts, read 9,529,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Ft Kent looks way too isolated up above the Maine forest and bordering on New Brunswick and not the coastal part of NB for that matter. I've never been to Black Hills but imagine I wouldn't mind living there. At least during the winters you'd have the Chinook winds to provide some reprieve whereas Ft Kent looks like a brutal 6 month winter with limited respite if any.

Santa Cruz CA or Ventura CA?
Santa Cruz because I prefer more shopping and restaurants. I also prefer its location as well.

Sarasota, FL or Wilmington, NC?

Old 07-13-2022, 06:12 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,273,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Santa Cruz because I prefer more shopping and restaurants. I also prefer its location as well.

Sarasota, FL or Wilmington, NC?
Wilmington. Seems llike more my taste. Fayetteville NC or Killeen TX?

Old 07-14-2022, 07:08 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,137,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Portsmouth, N.H., or Portsmouth, Va.?
I think I'd pick the one in NH. It's small and quaint. The Hampton Roads area really doesn't appeal to me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Fayetteville NC or Killeen TX?
Fayetteville. I prefer the eastern vegetation, and my brother will be living near there soon.

Fort Wayne, Indiana or Mobile, Alabama?

Old 07-14-2022, 07:22 AM

14,367 posts, read 9,270,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I think I'd pick the one in NH. It's small and quaint. The Hampton Roads area really doesn't appeal to me at all.

Fayetteville. I prefer the eastern vegetation, and my brother will be living near there soon.

Fort Wayne, Indiana or Mobile, Alabama?
Mobile, which is one of those underrated capitals of Southern charm. Fort Wayne is okay, but uninteresting (there's a line in a song we used to sing often in the Philadelphia Gay Men's Chorus that went:

"Think of Provincetown, Key West and San Francisco
Without us they'd be a lot more like Fort Wayne")

Let's put them head-to-head:

Mobile, Ala., or Savannah, Ga.?

Old 07-14-2022, 11:09 AM

3,512 posts, read 3,443,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Mobile, which is one of those underrated capitals of Southern charm. Fort Wayne is okay, but uninteresting (there's a line in a song we used to sing often in the Philadelphia Gay Men's Chorus that went:

"Think of Provincetown, Key West and San Francisco
Without us they'd be a lot more like Fort Wayne")

Let's put them head-to-head:

Mobile, Ala., or Savannah, Ga.?
I have a thing for really liking the Gulf coast, so Mobile. And IIRC, it also has a lower cost of living. I agree with you, in thinking Mobile was underrated anyway.

I don't know if these 2 have been compared before, in this thread. So I'll ask this one: Lafayette, LA, or Baton Rouge, LA?

Old 07-15-2022, 09:25 AM

2,578 posts, read 2,919,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I have a thing for really liking the Gulf coast, so Mobile. And IIRC, it also has a lower cost of living. I agree with you, in thinking Mobile was underrated anyway.

I don't know if these 2 have been compared before, in this thread. So I'll ask this one: Lafayette, LA, or Baton Rouge, LA?
Baton Rouge... Lafayette seems nicer in some respects, but I prefer the larger city/metro with more offerings.

Asheville, NC or Fort Collins, CO?

Old 07-15-2022, 09:32 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,137,673 times
Quote:
Asheville, NC or Fort Collins, CO?
Asheville. I think I'd feel more at home there.

Kennesaw, Georgia or Ypsilanti, Michigan?

Old 07-15-2022, 11:01 AM

9,740 posts, read 9,529,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Asheville. I think I'd feel more at home there.

Kennesaw, Georgia or Ypsilanti, Michigan?
Kennessaw because there is more to do and it has a better location. I thought about moving there for work, but found something closer to home.

Franklin, KY or Lawrenceburg, TN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City