Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2023, 04:20 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,640,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Columbus MS or Rock Springs WY?
I've been trying to figure out what those have in common and can't. Why did they spring into your mind together? Anyway, I guess I'm picking Columbus, MS because the oil and gas industry has done a sad number on the Rock Springs area.

Bamberg, SC or Plymouth, MN? (and figure out the connection!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2023, 08:39 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I've been trying to figure out what those have in common and can't. Why did they spring into your mind together? Anyway, I guess I'm picking Columbus, MS because the oil and gas industry has done a sad number on the Rock Springs area.

Bamberg, SC or Plymouth, MN? (and figure out the connection!)
Plymouth... not crazy about MN weather but the perks of living in a large metro far outweigh small town living in the deep south for me.

The connection? Nikki Haley is from Bamberg while Amy Klobuchar is from Plymouth? Best I could do.

Boca Raton, FL or San Diego, CA?

Old 03-26-2023, 10:02 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Plymouth... not crazy about MN weather but the perks of living in a large metro far outweigh small town living in the deep south for me.

The connection? Nikki Haley is from Bamberg while Amy Klobuchar is from Plymouth? Best I could do.

Boca Raton, FL or San Diego, CA?
Boca Raton due to much lower cost of living. I also like this area due to the shopping. San Diego is very spread out and not as connected.

Sumter, SC or Elyria, OH?

Old 03-27-2023, 07:17 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Sumter, SC or Elyria, OH?
Sumter. It wouldn't be my first choice if I were to move to SC, but it still beats Elyria. I much prefer the climate, and the Cleveland metro doesn't appeal to me at all.

Newberg, Oregon or Newburgh, New York?

Old 03-27-2023, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Newberg, Oregon or Newburgh, New York?
Both would be fine. Think I'll pick Newburgh because the history of the Hudson Valley is interesting and there could be some cool architecture and artifacts there.

Scranton, PA or Jacksonville, FL?

Old 03-27-2023, 09:25 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,333,730 times
Quote:
Both would be fine. Think I'll pick Newburgh because the history of the Hudson Valley is interesting and there could be some cool architecture and artifacts there.

Scranton, PA or Jacksonville, FL?
Jacksonville because it's a bigger city that offers more. Was never the biggest fan of Scranton.

Naples FL or Corpus Christi TX?

Old 03-28-2023, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Naples FL or Corpus Christi TX?
I'm torn, because Corpus has a really scary bridge that I nearly couldn't drive across, but Naples is more humid. I guess I'll pick Corpus because I can avoid the bridge - I think. I hate high humidity.

Wichita, KS or Amarillo, TX?

Old 03-29-2023, 06:45 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
I'm torn, because Corpus has a really scary bridge that I nearly couldn't drive across, but Naples is more humid. I guess I'll pick Corpus because I can avoid the bridge - I think. I hate high humidity.

Wichita, KS or Amarillo, TX?
Wichita... larger city/metro with more going on and a slightly more cosmopolitan one at that. It's also a little more centrally located from a regional standpoint.

New Britain, CT or New London, CT?

Old 03-29-2023, 07:45 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
New Britain, CT or New London, CT?
New London. I prefer its coastal location, and I like that it's the main city of its local sub-region as opposed to New Britain which is basically a suburb of Hartford.

Naples or Venice, Florida?

Old 03-29-2023, 11:53 PM

755 posts, read 576,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
New London. I prefer its coastal location, and I like that it's the main city of its local sub-region as opposed to New Britain which is basically a suburb of Hartford.

Naples or Venice, Florida?
Venice, FL because it's an hour away from Tampa & it's closer to the rest of the U.S.

Manchester, CT or Manchester, NH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City