Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2023, 01:56 PM

141 posts, read 72,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Not a fan of either but I'd go with Sitka. Providence RI or Winston-Salem NC?
Easily Providence. It's a more urban and walkable city in a much better location.

Richmond, VA or Buffalo, NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2023, 02:28 PM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRNorth View Post
Richmond, VA or Buffalo, NY?
Richmond. It's an underrated city overall, and I much prefer the climate.

Des Moines, Iowa or Salt Lake City, Utah?

Old 03-16-2023, 04:01 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,640,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Des Moines, Iowa or Salt Lake City, Utah?
I loved the year I lived in SLC so much! But it has a severe air pollution problem which people say is getting worse. So I'll pick Des Moines, which has clean air (though it also has an overabundance of beige dudebros.)

Lubbock, TX or Minot, ND?

Old 03-16-2023, 04:27 PM

10,769 posts, read 23,905,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I loved the year I lived in SLC so much! But it has a severe air pollution problem which people say is getting worse. So I'll pick Des Moines, which has clean air (though it also has an overabundance of beige dudebros.)

Lubbock, TX or Minot, ND?
Neither, both too isolated with dull scenery, but I'm guessing Lubbock probably has better food (it is Texas, love TexBBQ) so I'll go with that.

Charles Town, WV or Wellsboro, PA?

Old 03-16-2023, 05:31 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,948,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Neither, both too isolated with dull scenery, but I'm guessing Lubbock probably has better food (it is Texas, love TexBBQ) so I'll go with that.

Charles Town, WV or Wellsboro, PA?
Charles Town WV. I've always been fascinated with the West Virginian way of life and wouldn't mind experiencing it for a time. It is just so different for me yet not so far away. It is a beautiful state and I love driving around it - so much fun! Plus a lot of history there involving John Brown.

Springfield Illinois or Charleston W.V

Old 03-16-2023, 07:24 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Charles Town WV. I've always been fascinated with the West Virginian way of life and wouldn't mind experiencing it for a time. It is just so different for me yet not so far away. It is a beautiful state and I love driving around it - so much fun! Plus a lot of history there involving John Brown.

Springfield Illinois or Charleston W.V
Probably Springfield, as there is a little more to do there. And to me it has a good location on an Amtrak route, between Chicago and Saint Louis. Yes I am aware of that neighborhood(Spring Hills, thanks to a recent Nick Johnson YouTube video, and spurred me to look up that neighborhood) in Charleston, but the rest of that city doesn't inspire me much besides that one neighborhood.

I guess speaking of state capitols that don't get talked about much, Charleston, WV or Little Rock, AR?

Old 03-17-2023, 08:06 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I guess speaking of state capitols that don't get talked about much, Charleston, WV or Little Rock, AR?
I'd pick Charleston. I really like West Virginia, and am just more familiar with it.

San Antonio, Texas or Indianapolis, Indiana?

Old 03-17-2023, 08:46 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,333,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd pick Charleston. I really like West Virginia, and am just more familiar with it.

San Antonio, Texas or Indianapolis, Indiana?
I prefer San Antonio more interesting city, culture and architecture.

New Philadelphia OH or Bridgeton NJ?

Old 03-17-2023, 09:22 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,640,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
New Philadelphia OH or Bridgeton NJ?
I have a deep abiding loathing of New Jersey for no particular reason, so I pick New Philadelphia.

Dothan, AL or Macon, GA?

Old 03-17-2023, 09:45 AM

1,815 posts, read 1,974,532 times
With Maryland playing Alabama tomorrow in the NCAA men's basketball tournament (in Birmingham incidentally), I also have an adversary for that state and pick Macon. It's bigger, has nicer architecture, has the better potential for growth, and GA is a much more progressive state, even if Macon feels a decade or two behind Atlanta culturally which isn't necessarily a bad thing on some fronts. Its on the fall line so there's more hills, unlike Dothan, which is in bland, flat longleaf pine country. You're just 90 minutes from Atlanta, while the closest sizeable cities to Dothan are Mobile, Montgomery, and Tallahassee, FL. I also prefer Eastern time.

Speaking of NCAA tournament matchups:

Kennesaw, GA or the neighborhoods around Xavier University in Cincinnati?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City