Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2023, 10:27 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,648,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Osage Beach, Mo., or Lake Havasu City, Ariz.?
Normally I'd never pick anywhere in AZ, but I was just thinking that I'd like to go see the London Bridge to see what it's like in it's current AZ location! So it's off to Lake Havasu City I go.

Jekyll Island, GA or Catalina Island, CA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2023, 10:33 AM

142 posts, read 73,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Normally I'd never pick anywhere in AZ, but I was just thinking that I'd like to go see the London Bridge to see what it's like in it's current AZ location! So it's off to Lake Havasu City I go.

Jekyll Island, GA or Catalina Island, CA?
I love the Mediterranean vibes and climate of Catalina Island.

Albuquerque, NM or Tucson, AZ?

Old 02-28-2023, 11:49 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,908,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRNorth View Post
I love the Mediterranean vibes and climate of Catalina Island.

Albuquerque, NM or Tucson, AZ?
Tucson... The summer heat would be tough, but I like the prospect of warmer winters. The proximity to Phoenix is a good selling point as well.

Great Falls, MT or Fargo, ND?

Old 02-28-2023, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Great Falls, MT or Fargo, ND?
I turned down a job in Great Falls because of that huge smelter stinking and uglying up the place. On the other hand, Fargo is as bland as it gets. Well, GF has the really wonderful Russell Museum, so I guess that's what I pick.

Buffalo, NY or Valdez, AK?

Old 02-28-2023, 03:15 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,908,763 times
Quote:
I turned down a job in Great Falls because of that huge smelter stinking and uglying up the place. On the other hand, Fargo is as bland as it gets. Well, GF has the really wonderful Russell Museum, so I guess that's what I pick.

Buffalo, NY or Valdez, AK?
Buffalo... Valdez seems like a decent place to hide if I ever went into witness protection and wanted to ensure I could never be found again. Otherwise, Buffalo takes the throne for just about every category I'd consider for a place to live.

Knoxville, TN or Athens, GA?

Old 02-28-2023, 05:28 PM

9,416 posts, read 13,082,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Buffalo... Valdez seems like a decent place to hide if I ever went into witness protection and wanted to ensure I could never be found again. Otherwise, Buffalo takes the throne for just about every category I'd consider for a place to live.

Knoxville, TN or Athens, GA?
Athens, by virtue of the University of Georgia (not to knock the University of Tennessee).

Meadville, PA or Collegeville, PA?

Old 02-28-2023, 06:37 PM

14,348 posts, read 9,234,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
Athens, by virtue of the University of Georgia (not to knock the University of Tennessee).

Meadville, PA or Collegeville, PA?
Tossup. Both Allegheny College and Ursinus College are excellent small colleges, and both are in very nice settings. Meadville is a little further from Pittsburgh than Collegeville is from Philadelphia, however, though Meadville is also close to Erie. I'd probably choose Collegeville because of the proximity to a bigger city but would be happy in Meadville, too.

Another in-state college-town rivalry:

Lawrence or Manhattan, Kan.?

Old 02-28-2023, 09:08 PM

4,436 posts, read 4,344,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Tossup. Both Allegheny College and Ursinus College are excellent small colleges, and both are in very nice settings. Meadville is a little further from Pittsburgh than Collegeville is from Philadelphia, however, though Meadville is also close to Erie. I'd probably choose Collegeville because of the proximity to a bigger city but would be happy in Meadville, too.

Another in-state college-town rivalry:

Lawrence or Manhattan, Kan.?
I’ll take Lawrence because it’s the capital and closer to KC

Eau Claire WI or St. Cloud MN?

Old 02-28-2023, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Eau Claire WI or St. Cloud MN?
Sadly, St. Cloud has become a crime pit - spillover from Mpls/St.P. So I pick Eau Claire.

Nantucket, MA or Port Angeles, WA?

Old 02-28-2023, 10:25 PM

2,381 posts, read 2,364,540 times
Quote:
Sadly, St. Cloud has become a crime pit - spillover from Mpls/St.P. So I pick Eau Claire.

Nantucket, MA or Port Angeles, WA?
Nantucket for sure. I actually didn’t like Port Angeles, but Olympic NP next door was awesome.

Arlington, VA or Irvine, CA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City