Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2023, 07:11 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,118,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Huh, I thought Clearwater Beach was just gonna be another Miami Beach, but from streetviewing it actually has kind of an interesting, weird mix of architecture: just in this shot, modern vaguely colonial apartments with a Floridian flair and manicured lawns; dated low-rise '70s-'90s apartments; and a blocky 6-over-1 straight out of Nashdenvaleigh. Then this shot adds a bounty of postmodern weirdness. Vero Beach just looks like any other town in the Deep South.

Opposite ends of US-97: Oroville, WA or Weed, CA?
Oroville I guess.

Scranton PA or Youngstown OH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2023, 07:31 AM

13,812 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Scranton PA or Youngstown OH?
I'd go with Scranton. I've been there a couple of times and it's not a bad area. I even have an acquaintance who recently moved to nearby Wilkes-Barre. I've never been to Youngstown, but it just makes me think of the Youngstown Boys documentary, which didn't paint the town in a good light.

Wausau, Wisconsin or Warsaw, Indiana?

Old 01-20-2023, 08:00 AM

4,434 posts, read 4,344,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd go with Scranton. I've been there a couple of times and it's not a bad area. I even have an acquaintance who recently moved to nearby Wilkes-Barre. I've never been to Youngstown, but it just makes me think of the Youngstown Boys documentary, which didn't paint the town in a good light.

Wausau, Wisconsin or Warsaw, Indiana?
Wausau wi seems like a nicer town with a better natural surronding

Oxford PA or Oxford MA?

Old 01-20-2023, 09:11 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Wausau wi seems like a nicer town with a better natural surronding

Oxford PA or Oxford MA?
Now that I've had a chance to study it, Oxford, Pa. Pennsylvania's small towns have a distinctive charm that I find just as appealing, maybe even more appealing, than those in New England. And FWIW, Oxford, Mass., doesn't have that classic New England charm, either.

Just up the road from Oxford, Pa., by the way, is Lincoln University, one of the oldest HBCUs in the country.

Columbia, Mo., or Columbia, S.C.?

Old 01-20-2023, 11:15 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Now that I've had a chance to study it, Oxford, Pa. Pennsylvania's small towns have a distinctive charm that I find just as appealing, maybe even more appealing, than those in New England. And FWIW, Oxford, Mass., doesn't have that classic New England charm, either.

Just up the road from Oxford, Pa., by the way, is Lincoln University, one of the oldest HBCUs in the country.

Columbia, Mo., or Columbia, S.C.?
I think I'd prefer Columbia, SC. It's bigger and not far from Charleston. Charlottesville VA or Blacksburg VA?

Old 01-20-2023, 12:03 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I think I'd prefer Columbia, SC. It's bigger and not far from Charleston. Charlottesville VA or Blacksburg VA?
Charlottesville... I like it's location better and it strikes me as slightly more cosmopolitan as well.

Yankton, SD or Kearney, NE?

Old 01-23-2023, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Charlottesville... I like it's location better and it strikes me as slightly more cosmopolitan as well.

Yankton, SD or Kearney, NE?
While the Great Plains is not my favorite region of the U.S. I do like Kearney's downtown. It gives me that old school American small town vibe from 50 years ago. Reminds me of a time many consider lost. I'll take it.

Cleveland TN or Cleveland TX?

Old 01-23-2023, 12:20 PM

13,812 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Cleveland TN or Cleveland TX?
I'll go with the one in Tennessee. It's a stunningly beautiful area, and nearby Chattanooga is a nice city. Plus my wife would be absolutely giddy at the thought of living in East Tennessee.

Columbiana, Alabama or Columbiana, Ohio?

Old 01-23-2023, 09:31 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'll go with the one in Tennessee. It's a stunningly beautiful area, and nearby Chattanooga is a nice city. Plus my wife would be absolutely giddy at the thought of living in East Tennessee.

Columbiana, Alabama or Columbiana, Ohio?
AL. I like it's location better. Florence SC or Florence AL?

Old 01-24-2023, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
AL. I like it's location better. Florence SC or Florence AL?
Florence SC, better state and location IMO

Des Moines IA or Omaha NE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City