Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2024, 07:44 AM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Salina. It's isolated, but it's surprisingly nice for being a fairly small city in the middle of nowhere. Most of what you need in your day-to-day life can be found there.

Hendersonville, NC or Hendersonville, TN?
Hendersonville, TN. It is larger with nicer housing and shopping. I like Old Hickory Lake and the natural scenery. Hendersonville is seeing major growth.

Columbus, GA or Gainesville, FL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2024, 10:55 AM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Salina. It's isolated, but it's surprisingly nice for being a fairly small city in the middle of nowhere. Most of what you need in your day-to-day life can be found there.

Hendersonville, NC or Hendersonville, TN?
I'm sure the one near Nashville is alright, but I think I'd like the one outside of Asheville more.

And for the comparison I missed, I suspect both would be nice. I'd likely pick Columbus, GA, to be closer to relatives. Nothing against Gainesville, as I'm sure that would be a nice place to live as well.

Madison, AL, or Madison, GA?

Old 03-21-2024, 11:41 AM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'm sure the one near Nashville is alright, but I think I'd like the one outside of Asheville more.

And for the comparison I missed, I suspect both would be nice. I'd likely pick Columbus, GA, to be closer to relatives. Nothing against Gainesville, as I'm sure that would be a nice place to live as well.

Easily Madison, AL. The city is an upscale suburb of Huntsville with rapid growth. The city is on fire with developments like Town Madison and Clift Farms. Publix just opened a new store and Costco is going in. I also like the nearby hiking trails and local restaurants.

Bakersfield, CA or Arlington, TX?

Old 03-21-2024, 11:45 AM

23,556 posts, read 44,242,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post

Both nice communities, but Madison, GA is both an architectural and historic gem.

Winston-Salem, NC or Knoxville, TN?

Old 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM

3,192 posts, read 2,240,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Bakersfield, CA or Arlington, TX?
I don't think Arlington is one of the best Dallas/Fort Worth area cities, but it's more desirable than Bakersfield hands down. Bakersfield has widespread poverty and some of the worst air quality in the nation. Arlington has plenty of large metro amenities including the Six Flags theme park.

Winston-Salem, NC or Knoxville, TN (repeat of previous post)?

Old 03-21-2024, 01:57 PM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Both nice communities, but Madison, GA is both an architectural and historic gem.

Winston-Salem, NC or Knoxville, TN?
I like both but leaning more towards Winston -Salem. San Marcos TX or New Braunfels TX?

Old 03-22-2024, 11:42 AM

16,588 posts, read 10,726,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I like both but leaning more towards Winston -Salem. San Marcos TX or New Braunfels TX?
I know nothing about either of these cities, but I like San Antonio and don't like Austin, so I'll pick New Braunfels just so I can be closer to S.A.

Fort Myers, FL or West Palm Beach, FL?

Old 03-22-2024, 11:45 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
New Braunfels... It seems a little more prosperous and vibrant with more to do in the town itself.

Quote:
I know nothing about either of these cities, but I like San Antonio and don't like Austin, so I'll pick New Braunfels just so I can be closer to S.A.

Fort Myers, FL or West Palm Beach, FL?
West Palm Beach... Don't know either city too well, but WPB seems to have more going on, and the more populous part of the state should presumably offer more opportunities.

Tucson, AZ or Colorado Springs, CO?

Old 03-22-2024, 12:07 PM

6,131 posts, read 9,184,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
New Braunfels... It seems a little more prosperous and vibrant with more to do in the town itself.

West Palm Beach... Don't know either city too well, but WPB seems to have more going on, and the more populous part of the state should presumably offer more opportunities.

Tucson, AZ or Colorado Springs, CO?
Colorado Springs for sure. Tucson is simply too hot. I like the vibe in Colorado (not referring to the pot or the yuppies) over the one in Arizona.

Wilmington, DE or Providence, RI ?

Old 03-22-2024, 12:20 PM

14,316 posts, read 9,198,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Colorado Springs for sure. Tucson is simply too hot. I like the vibe in Colorado (not referring to the pot or the yuppies) over the one in Arizona.

Wilmington, DE or Providence, RI ?
Wilmington punches above its weight and is also one of those cities that looks bigger than it is as you approach it from the south. But it can't hold a candle to the variety of activities and scenes in Providence. Nor do they light torches in the river that flows through the middle of the city in Wilmington.

Wilmington, Del., or Wilmington, N.C.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City