Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2023, 08:58 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Duluth, MN or Buffalo, NY?
I'd pick Duluth. I like its smaller size and more scenic natural setting with access to Lake Superior.

Sherwood, Arkansas or Sherwood, Oregon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2023, 09:01 AM

17,509 posts, read 22,261,458 times
Quote:
Bloomington, of course! Born in Bloomington Hospital and grad of Bloomington High School South - go Panthers!

Duluth, MN or Buffalo, NY?
I'd go Buffalo, NY and how close it is to Toronto!

Beverly Hills or Palm Beach?

Old 03-15-2023, 10:38 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I'd go Buffalo, NY and how close it is to Toronto!

Beverly Hills or Palm Beach?
Beverly Hills... LA has its QoL issues but I feel like BH and the surrounding neighborhoods offer a lot more overall with regard to amenities and things to do than PB which is just a swanky beach town.

Another NCAA tournament match-up:

Morgantown, WV or Annapolis, MD?

Old 03-15-2023, 10:45 AM

12,926 posts, read 9,675,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Beverly Hills... LA has its QoL issues but I feel like BH and the surrounding neighborhoods offer a lot more overall with regard to amenities and things to do than PB which is just a swanky beach town.

Annapolis. Military town, not quite as rowdy as Morgantown, also better location, by water, etc. Annapolis easily.

State College,PA or College Station, TX?

Old 03-15-2023, 10:48 AM

10,770 posts, read 23,905,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post

Annapolis, charm and stately architecture, no too big but close to nearby metros, scenic Chesapeake Bay settting, Bay Bridge to get to the beaches, and Maryland crab!

Lancaster PA or Red Bank, NJ?

Missed this one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Annapolis. Military town, not quite as rowdy as Morgantown, also better location, by water, etc. Annapolis easily.

State College,PA or College Station, TX?

State College - more interesting setting in the PA hills, closer to places I like (Philly other Northeast cities and destinations).

Lancaster PA or Red Bank NJ?

Old 03-15-2023, 10:52 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Lancaster PA or Red Bank NJ?
I'd pick Lancaster. I like that it's a standalone city and not one densely built slice of a larger metro. Lancaster just offers more lifestyle options. I also like that it's surrounded by idyllic countryside.

Old 03-15-2023, 11:46 AM

9,409 posts, read 13,067,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd pick Lancaster. I like that it's a standalone city and not one densely built slice of a larger metro. Lancaster just offers more lifestyle options. I also like that it's surrounded by idyllic countryside.

Sherwood, Oregon. I’d much rather be in suburban Portland than Suburban Little Rock. From my standpoint, the only advantage of the Arkansas variety would be the far lower COL.

Honing in at the micro level: Springfield Township, Montgomery County, PA or Springfield Township, Delaware County, PA?

Old 03-16-2023, 09:53 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,640,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
Honing in at the micro level: Springfield Township, Montgomery County, PA or Springfield Township, Delaware County, PA?
Welp, that put a halt to things! I'm going with Montgomery County because it's farther away from the Philly center city. Not an urbanite.

So, let's do the opposite. Utqiaġvik, AK or Naalehu, HI?

Old 03-16-2023, 10:09 AM

10,770 posts, read 23,905,289 times
Quote:
Welp, that put a halt to things! I'm going with Montgomery County because it's farther away from the Philly center city. Not an urbanite.

So, let's do the opposite. Utqiaġvik, AK or Naalehu, HI?
Obvious easy choice here. Tropical Big Island shores would be a lot more appealing than the coast of the Arctic Ocean. Lets go to a more temperate zone in Alaska.

Sitka, AK or Ketchikan, AK?

Old 03-16-2023, 12:46 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Obvious easy choice here. Tropical Big Island shores would be a lot more appealing than the coast of the Arctic Ocean. Lets go to a more temperate zone in Alaska.

Sitka, AK or Ketchikan, AK?
Not a fan of either but I'd go with Sitka. Providence RI or Winston-Salem NC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City