Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2023, 02:06 PM

127 posts, read 72,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
I would have to go with Roanoke on that one,more moderate weather and the people are ok.

Lake City,FL or Columbia, SC?
Columbia since it's a college town and much larger. It's also not in Florida.

Cherry Creek, Denver, CO or Country Club Plaza, Kansas City, MO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2023, 09:34 PM

3,496 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odieluck View Post
Columbia since it's a college town and much larger. It's also not in Florida.

Cherry Creek, Denver, CO or Country Club Plaza, Kansas City, MO?
Did you get this thread confused with the other thread, about where would you most rather visit? Since I suspect you did. That said(and this thread is where would you rather LIVE), I prefer Denver over KC. So I'll pick that.

If this is on which mall I'd prefer, I'd pick Country Club. Since I prefer it's food options, over Cherry Creek.

Grand Junction, CO, or Pocatello, ID?

Old 08-14-2023, 10:26 PM

127 posts, read 72,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Did you get this thread confused with the other thread, about where would you most rather visit? Since I suspect you did. That said(and this thread is where would you rather LIVE), I prefer Denver over KC. So I'll pick that.

If this is on which mall I'd prefer, I'd pick Country Club. Since I prefer it's food options, over Cherry Creek.

With some inference or a quick search, you'd find that Cherry Creek is a neighborhood and not just a mall and that there is housing in the area around Country Club Plaza.

Grand Junction, since it’s less of a drive to a Rockies game.

Fort Wayne, IN or Greenville, SC?

Last edited by odieluck; 08-14-2023 at 10:41 PM..

Old 08-14-2023, 10:27 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post

Pocatello, ID. I like the location and things to do. It would be nice to visit the Indian Reservation.

Stockton, CA or Wisconsin Dells, WI?

Old 08-15-2023, 02:06 AM

6,432 posts, read 5,082,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer21 View Post
Easily Stockton, since it's in California, is much bigger and has much milder winters.

Stockton, CA, or Tulsa, OK?
Honestly Tulsa. If I'm paying NorCal prices I want to be somewhere that isn't so depressing, hot, and far away from SF/Oakland/Berkeley. I don't really need the $10k(?) that Tulsa pays you to move there if you stay for X number of years, but it'd get me in a good mood when I arrived.

Des Moines, IA or Phoenix, AZ?

Old 08-15-2023, 05:58 AM

6,134 posts, read 9,187,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Honestly Tulsa. If I'm paying NorCal prices I want to be somewhere that isn't so depressing, hot, and far away from SF/Oakland/Berkeley. I don't really need the $10k(?) that Tulsa pays you to move there if you stay for X number of years, but it'd get me in a good mood when I arrived.

Des Moines, IA or Phoenix, AZ?
Iowa over Arizona for sure. That heat in Phoenix is melting people's shoes! The two issues with Des Moines would be the wind and the flat land. Other than that, it seems like a very nice city.

We will keep it in the Big 12...

Manhattan, KS or Lubbock, TX?

Old 08-15-2023, 06:13 AM

8,991 posts, read 17,352,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Iowa over Arizona for sure. That heat in Phoenix is melting people's shoes! The two issues with Des Moines would be the wind and the flat land. Other than that, it seems like a very nice city.

We will keep it in the Big 12...

Manhattan, KS or Lubbock, TX?
Manhattan KS for me. The town far exceeded my expectations when I visited, plus it probably doesn't feel quite as isolated as Lubbock might.

Pullman WA or Corvallis OR

Old 08-15-2023, 09:09 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Manhattan KS for me. The town far exceeded my expectations when I visited, plus it probably doesn't feel quite as isolated as Lubbock might.

Pullman WA or Corvallis OR
Corvalis... It's slightly more populous (city and county), has a warmer climate (albeit one with more rain), and is less regionally isolated from other places of interest. Pullman is probably the least appealing of every (current) Pac-12 college town/city to me.

Gainesville, FL or Athens, GA?

Old 08-15-2023, 10:04 AM

13,757 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Gainesville, FL or Athens, GA?
Even though I'm an FSU grad, I'd probably choose Hogtown. If you're far enough away from the university itself, the stench isn't quite as palpable.

I just generally prefer Florida to Georgia; and the springs, forests, and state parks in Alachua and its nearby counties are some of my favorite places in the state.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or Oakland, California?

Old 08-15-2023, 11:02 AM

16,592 posts, read 10,728,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odieluck View Post
With some inference or a quick search, you'd find that Cherry Creek is a neighborhood and not just a mall and that there is housing in the area around Country Club Plaza.

Grand Junction, since it’s less of a drive to a Rockies game.

Fort Wayne, IN or Greenville, SC?
This one got missed, so I'll show it some love. Greenville for sure. They've got a really great downtown, and they're in a nice location where you're not too far from Atlanta and Charlotte, but far enough that you're not swallowed up by them. You're also fairly close to the mountains. Fort Wayne is a nice place and I wouldn't mind living there, but not in this particular matchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Even though I'm an FSU grad, I'd probably choose Hogtown. If you're far enough away from the university itself, the stench isn't quite as palpable.

I just generally prefer Florida to Georgia; and the springs, forests, and state parks in Alachua and its nearby counties are some of my favorite places in the state.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or Oakland, California?
Philadelphia for sure. Yes, it has its problems; but it also has a lot going for it. It's still one of the more affordable major cities out there, and there are certainly some desirable neighborhoods there. Oakland has always had its issues, but it seems to be getting a whole lot worse in recent years. And for me, being in the Bay Area is in itself a downside.

Hilo, HI or Key West, FL? (Yes, I mean to live there, not to vacation there.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City