Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2023, 07:34 AM

127 posts, read 73,598 times

Advertisements

[quote=brock2010;65750040]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Mountain Home, Ark. I like the Ozarks, even after the Netflix series painted the region in dark colors.

I think I've done this one before, but since we in Pennsylvania aren't clever enough to avoid this:

Springfield Township, Delaware County, PA, or Springfield Township, Bucks County, PA?

(I could construct a 7x7 matrix of these.)[/QUOTE
Springfield Township in Delaware County. It's a little bigger and I think I might like it better. Mt. Pleasant TX or Independence KS?
Wouldn't wanna live in either of those places, but Mt. Pleasant is at least sorta close-ish to DFW.

Lower Merion Township, PA or Newton, MA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2023, 11:14 AM

3,512 posts, read 3,444,867 times
[quote=odieluck;65750660]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post

Wouldn't wanna live in either of those places, but Mt. Pleasant is at least sorta close-ish to DFW.

Lower Merion Township, PA or Newton, MA?
I like the Philly area more than Boston, so I'll pick Lower Merion Township.

Mount Lebanon, PA, or Mountain Brook, AL?

Old 08-27-2023, 11:47 AM

[quote=SonySegaTendo617;65751649]
Quote:
Originally Posted by odieluck View Post

I like the Philly area more than Boston, so I'll pick Lower Merion Township.

Mount Lebanon, PA, or Mountain Brook, AL?
That's a hard one. I like both a lot, and while the natural region surrounding Birmingham is gorgeous, I'm gonna pick Mount Lebanon. Pittsburgh has the Steelers, Pirates, and the Penguins over Birmingham, which has no major league sports. I'd also say that Pittsburgh has better future prospects a a region than Birmingham.

Canton, Ohio or Michigan City, Indiana?

Old 08-27-2023, 06:02 PM

16,609 posts, read 10,777,912 times
[quote=odieluck;65751761]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post

That's a hard one. I like both a lot, and while the natural region surrounding Birmingham is gorgeous, I'm gonna pick Mount Lebanon. Pittsburgh has the Steelers, Pirates, and the Penguins over Birmingham, which has no major league sports. I'd also say that Pittsburgh has better future prospects a a region than Birmingham.

Canton, Ohio or Michigan City, Indiana?
I don't know a thing about either of them, but I'll pick Canton as my way of protesting when they name cities after states that they aren't even in. (Yeah, I'm looking at YOU, Kansas City, Missouri!)

Lebanon, PA or Lebanon, TN?

Old 08-27-2023, 08:21 PM

9,741 posts, read 9,529,677 times
[quote=bus man;65753237]
Quote:

I don't know a thing about either of them, but I'll pick Canton as my way of protesting when they name cities after states that they aren't even in. (Yeah, I'm looking at YOU, Kansas City, Missouri!)

Lebanon, PA or Lebanon, TN?
Lebanon, TN. The area is growing and has more things to do. I would probably choose the area near the commuter rail station. Lebanon is also close to Nashville.

Milledgeville, GA or Glasgow, KY?

Old 08-28-2023, 07:51 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,142,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Milledgeville, GA or Glasgow, KY?
I'm sure Glasgow is nice -- and I really like nearby Bowling Green; but Milledgeville is probably my favorite non-coastal town in Georgia and I'd happily live there.

Going back to Kentucky:

Frankfort or Bardstown?

Old 08-28-2023, 10:01 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,273,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'm sure Glasgow is nice -- and I really like nearby Bowling Green; but Milledgeville is probably my favorite non-coastal town in Georgia and I'd happily live there.

Going back to Kentucky:

Frankfort or Bardstown?
Frankfort. Portland OR or Norfolk VA?

Old 08-28-2023, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Frankfort. Portland OR or Norfolk VA?
Portland. I love the Pacific Northwest, and it’s not clear to me that there’s much to do in Hampton Roads. For a decent sized metro I sure do forget about it a lot. Glad to be proven otherwise, though.

Summerlin, Las Vegas, Nevada or El Dorado Hills, California?

Old 08-29-2023, 02:40 AM

3,512 posts, read 3,444,867 times
Quote:
Portland. I love the Pacific Northwest, and it’s not clear to me that there’s much to do in Hampton Roads. For a decent sized metro I sure do forget about it a lot. Glad to be proven otherwise, though.

Summerlin, Las Vegas, Nevada or El Dorado Hills, California?
Comparing the 2 places, I'd probably pick Summerlin. Looks like a little more to do there, plus(just personally me) I'd rather not live in California. And being close to Spring Mountain Ranch and Red Rock Canyon, is cool.

Smaller cities that used to have an NFL team: Muncie, IN, or Youngstown, OH?

Old 08-29-2023, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Comparing the 2 places, I'd probably pick Summerlin. Looks like a little more to do there, plus(just personally me) I'd rather not live in California. And being close to Spring Mountain Ranch and Red Rock Canyon, is cool.

Smaller cities that used to have an NFL team: Muncie, IN, or Youngstown, OH?
Youngstown is a little bigger so I’ll pick that. It’s also a little more interesting.

Belle Meade, Tennessee or Myers Park, Charlotte, North Carolina?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City