Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2023, 02:46 PM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odieluck View Post
Mission Hills, Kansas or Upper Arlington, Ohio?
While I'm doubtful I could find anything in posh Mission Hills that would fit my budget, assuming I could afford it it would be my choice. I find the KC area much more appealing than the Columbus area. Of course, if money were an issue here I would be forced to choose Upper Arlington.

Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey or Kendall, Florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2023, 03:17 PM

127 posts, read 72,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
While I'm doubtful I could find anything in posh Mission Hills that would fit my budget, assuming I could afford it it would be my choice. I find the KC area much more appealing than the Columbus area. Of course, if money were an issue here I would be forced to choose Upper Arlington.

Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey or Kendall, Florida?
I like Kendall a lot, but I have to choose Parsippany, just because of the amenities available in the New York area. I also like the rural, hilly, forested feel of Morris County more than south florida. Both are great, though.

Florence, Kentucky or New Berlin, Wisconsin?

Old 08-12-2023, 05:58 PM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
I like Kendall a lot, but I have to choose Parsippany, just because of the amenities available in the New York area. I also like the rural, hilly, forested feel of Morris County more than south florida. Both are great, though.

Florence, Kentucky or New Berlin, Wisconsin?
I prefer Florence. Fargo ND or Peoria IL?

Old 08-12-2023, 06:36 PM

8,297 posts, read 23,170,890 times
Fargo by a long shot. Fargo is like a Northern Des Moines or a Sioux Falls.

Meeteetse, WY or Jarbridge, NV

Old 08-12-2023, 07:20 PM

6,431 posts, read 5,079,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Fargo by a long shot. Fargo is like a Northern Des Moines or a Sioux Falls.

Meeteetse, WY or Jarbridge, NV
Meeteetse by far. Its downtown looks like an average (very) small town --- full-service gas station, handful of restaurants, small grocery store. It's on a state highway so probably gets a decent amount of traffic, and the roads will be maintained during winter. Borderline-ghost towns like Jarbidge --- while pretty and nice to stay in while traveling --- would not offer nearly the same comforts.

Also, although I like Elko (the county "metropolis" of Jarbidge's county) and it punches a bit above its weight for its ~20k population, Meeteetse is closer to Cody than Jarbidge is to Elko.

Redmond, WA or Bethesda, MD?

Old 08-12-2023, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Meeteetse by far. Its downtown looks like an average (very) small town --- full-service gas station, handful of restaurants, small grocery store. It's on a state highway so probably gets a decent amount of traffic, and the roads will be maintained during winter. Borderline-ghost towns like Jarbidge --- while pretty and nice to stay in while traveling --- would not offer nearly the same comforts.

Also, although I like Elko (the county "metropolis" of Jarbidge's county) and it punches a bit above its weight for its ~20k population, Meeteetse is closer to Cody than Jarbidge is to Elko.

Redmond, WA or Bethesda, MD?
Bethesda, MD. Fantastic schools and recession proof DC job market. Bethesda also has older Pre WWII homes that I prefer architecturally. Mt. Rainier is also gonna erupt eventually...

Guilford, Baltimore, Maryland or Hein Park, Memphis, Tennessee?

Old 08-12-2023, 08:52 PM

16,587 posts, read 10,726,137 times
Quote:
Bethesda, MD. Fantastic schools and recession proof DC job market. Bethesda also has older Pre WWII homes that I prefer architecturally. Mt. Rainier is also gonna erupt eventually...

Guilford, Baltimore, Maryland or Hein Park, Memphis, Tennessee?
These two neighborhoods seem rather similar to each other: affluent enclaves surrounded by, shall we say, less-than-affluent areas. Here's the rather sharp dividing line between Guilford (on the left) and the neighborhood to its immediate east:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.3375...8192?entry=ttu

No, that area is not the worst that Baltimore has to offer. But it's not some place you'd want to be taking a midnight stroll in either.

Even though I'd rather live in Tennessee than Maryland, I'm going to pick Guilford anyway. Better the devil you know, as they say. Plus, if I live on the neighborhood's western side, closer to Charles Street, at least I won't feel completely boxed in by unsafe areas.

Billings, MT or Spokane, WA?

Old 08-12-2023, 09:22 PM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
These two neighborhoods seem rather similar to each other: affluent enclaves surrounded by, shall we say, less-than-affluent areas. Here's the rather sharp dividing line between Guilford (on the left) and the neighborhood to its immediate east:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.3375...8192?entry=ttu

No, that area is not the worst that Baltimore has to offer. But it's not some place you'd want to be taking a midnight stroll in either.

Even though I'd rather live in Tennessee than Maryland, I'm going to pick Guilford anyway. Better the devil you know, as they say. Plus, if I live on the neighborhood's western side, closer to Charles Street, at least I won't feel completely boxed in by unsafe areas.

Billings, MT or Spokane, WA?
Billings based on being a more vibrant area. I would rather live in an area that is more outgoing.

Richmond, VA or Cincinnati, OH?

Old 08-12-2023, 09:33 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Billings based on being a more vibrant area. I would rather live in an area that is more outgoing.

Richmond, VA or Cincinnati, OH?
Cincinnati... Prefer the bigger city/metro for more jobs/amenities.

Lebanon, IN or Lebanon, OH?

Old 08-12-2023, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Cincinnati... Prefer the bigger city/metro for more jobs/amenities.

Lebanon, IN or Lebanon, OH?
Lebanon, Indiana since I'd rather live near Indianapolis than Cincinnati.

Crooked Stick Golf Club, Carmel, Indiana or Gleneagles Country Club, Plano, Texas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City