Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2023, 02:29 PM

2,567 posts, read 2,904,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odieluck View Post
Fredericksburg. Hill Country is very beautiful and scenic.

Warren, Michigan or Parma, Ohio?
Warren... it's worst areas are much rougher than Parma's but it's a large enough place where I'm sure there are many decent neighborhoods in its northern half... I'd rather live in Metro Detroit than Greater Cleveland as well.

Waco, TX or College Station, TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2023, 03:41 PM

127 posts, read 72,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Warren... it's worst areas are much rougher than Parma's but it's a large enough place where I'm sure there are many decent neighborhoods in its northern half... I'd rather live in Metro Detroit than Greater Cleveland as well.

Waco, TX or College Station, TX?
College Station all the way. From my experience the traffic along I-35 makes driving through Waco a nightmare. College Station, however is along a much less active interstate. College Station is also surprisingly pretty I found.

Downtown Los Angeles or Downtown San Francisco?

Old 08-03-2023, 05:24 PM

14,339 posts, read 9,218,513 times
Quote:
College Station all the way. From my experience the traffic along I-35 makes driving through Waco a nightmare. College Station, however is along a much less active interstate. College Station is also surprisingly pretty I found.

Downtown Los Angeles or Downtown San Francisco?
The difference is not as stark as it was when i was a lad, but I'd still give the nod to DTSF over DTLA simply because the near-downtown areas that surround it are more like the downtown itself.

Boonville, Mo., or Boone, N.C.? (Despite the absence of an e in the name of one of these, they're named for members of the same family — one for Dad, the other for his sons.)

Old 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
The difference is not as stark as it was when i was a lad, but I'd still give the nod to DTSF over DTLA simply because the near-downtown areas that surround it are more like the downtown itself.

Boonville, Mo., or Boone, N.C.? (Despite the absence of an e in the name of one of these, they're named for members of the same family — one for Dad, the other for his sons.)
Well Boone is a college town so I guess that’s what I go with.

Warminster, PA or Evesham, NJ?

Old 08-03-2023, 06:35 PM

3,938 posts, read 2,249,265 times
Quote:
Well Boone is a college town so I guess that’s what I go with.

Warminster, PA or Evesham, NJ?
Either is fine but I guess I'd pick Warminster. Reno or Atlantic City?

Old 08-03-2023, 07:36 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,423,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Either is fine but I guess I'd pick Warminster. Reno or Atlantic City?
Probably Reno, between these 2. Although neither city would be high on the list of cities I'd want to move to, I have read and get a better impression of Reno, vs. AC.

Places with a Shakespeare Fest: Cedar City, UT, or Ashland, OR?

Old 08-04-2023, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Probably Reno, between these 2. Although neither city would be high on the list of cities I'd want to move to, I have read and get a better impression of Reno, vs. AC.

Places with a Shakespeare Fest: Cedar City, UT, or Ashland, OR?
I’ll take Ashland. Cedar City is a pretty place but I don’t want to deal with silly Utah things like their alcohol laws and other things like that.

Orinda, California or Mill Valley, California?

Old 08-04-2023, 08:12 AM

13,778 posts, read 8,078,279 times
Quote:
Orinda, California or Mill Valley, California?
While both are far too rich for my blood, I guess I'll go with Orinda because I don't see myself fitting in at all with the Marin County crowd.

Cedarburg, Wisconsin or Fernandina Beach, Florida?

Old 08-04-2023, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
While both are far too rich for my blood, I guess I'll go with Orinda because I don't see myself fitting in at all with the Marin County crowd.

Cedarburg, Wisconsin or Fernandina Beach, Florida?
While the winters would be difficult, I’ll take Cedarburg to see if Midwestern niceness is really a thing. While northeast florida is less prone to hurricanes than the rest of the state, it’s still a risk that’s always present.

East Amherst, NY or Solon, OH?

Old 08-04-2023, 01:27 PM

3,938 posts, read 2,249,265 times
Quote:
While the winters would be difficult, I’ll take Cedarburg to see if Midwestern niceness is really a thing. While northeast florida is less prone to hurricanes than the rest of the state, it’s still a risk that’s always present.

East Amherst, NY or Solon, OH?
Solon. I'd prefer to be in the Cleveland area. Chattanooga TN or Tucson AZ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City