Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2024, 08:21 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,426,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Interesting pairing. I'll take Saugerties, the Hudson Valley/Catskills region is an area I've been curious about for a while but it's unlikely I'll spend time there in the foreseeable future. (My one connection to the NYC area is my mom, and her parents --- long gone now --- lived on the other end of the metro on Long Island.)

Besides the curiosity of a town named Utica being right next door, nothing about Seneca particularly stands out, in a metro area (Greenville) that I already don't have a strong impression of in any particular way. I think I'd try to live closer to Charlotte if I were moving to SC.

Midland, TX or Billings, MT?
I'll pick Billings. I have this feeling that(if I were to do roadtrips) that nearby areas of rural Montana, would be more interesting than rural west Texas. I know there are a few other places in west Texas that might be interesting(i.e. the towns of Alpine and Marfa, Big Bend National Park, Lubbock, and perhaps also Amarillo), but to me I find Montana more interesting. And is it just me that while Midland isn't as boring as say like the Washington tri-cities(Pasco, Kennewick, etc) or Yakima, Midland and Odessa still didn't stand out that much to me on street view.

I should look up the town of Saugerties on street view. For whatever reason, that is one I hadn't quite looked up.

As for the comparison I missed, probably the one near Rochester, providing I had the money to afford a house there. Nothing against the one in Michigan, but it's further away from Ann Arbor than I prefer.

Sheridan, WY, or Deadwood, SD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2024, 08:25 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,302,556 times
I'm going with Sheridan, WY just because it's in Wyoming which is a state I'd love to explore.

Phenix City, AL or Chattanooga, TN?

Old 01-04-2024, 10:27 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,251,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm going with Sheridan, WY just because it's in Wyoming which is a state I'd love to explore.

Phenix City, AL or Chattanooga, TN?
Chattanooga. I like it and it's pretty close to Atlanta. Lufkin Tx or Albany Ga?

Old 01-04-2024, 01:59 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Chattanooga. I like it and it's pretty close to Atlanta. Lufkin Tx or Albany Ga?
Albany because of the location and things to do. I also like that it has a larger black population. Albany has seen better days but one can hope.

Frankfort, KY or Joplin, MO?

Old 01-05-2024, 09:47 AM

13,781 posts, read 8,084,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Frankfort, KY or Joplin, MO?
Frankfort. It seems like a nicer town overall, and I like the fact that it's small and yet a state capital. I also like its regional location in a scenic area between several major cities.

Atlanta, GA or Washington, DC?

Old 01-05-2024, 11:44 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,251,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Frankfort. It seems like a nicer town overall, and I like the fact that it's small and yet a state capital. I also like its regional location in a scenic area between several major cities.

Atlanta, GA or Washington, DC?
I've been to both and could live in either but Washington a little more. Cleveland or St. Louis?

Old 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM

16,593 posts, read 10,747,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I've been to both and could live in either but Washington a little more. Cleveland or St. Louis?
I have a hard time shaking the Rust Belt image I have of these cities, but I'm sure they've both made strides to get beyond that. Climate-wise, I'd pick Cleveland in the summer and St. Louis in the winter. But if I have to pick one, I think I'd like St. Louis a little bit better.

Now, for those who like it hot: Las Vegas, NV or Phoenix, AZ?

Old 01-05-2024, 05:30 PM

10,774 posts, read 23,924,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I have a hard time shaking the Rust Belt image I have of these cities, but I'm sure they've both made strides to get beyond that. Climate-wise, I'd pick Cleveland in the summer and St. Louis in the winter. But if I have to pick one, I think I'd like St. Louis a little bit better.

Now, for those who like it hot: Las Vegas, NV or Phoenix, AZ?
Phoenix, it's a more complete city with a wider range of communities in the area to choose from, nicer desert landscaping, and Arizona is a beautiful state with more to offer than Nevada.

Boston or Philadelphia?

Old 01-05-2024, 06:40 PM

16,593 posts, read 10,747,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Phoenix, it's a more complete city with a wider range of communities in the area to choose from, nicer desert landscaping, and Arizona is a beautiful state with more to offer than Nevada.

Boston or Philadelphia?
Of these two Colonial cities, I like Boston quite a bit better as a "livable" city. But I'd pick Philadelphia anyway. I lived there for 10 years, so it's much more familiar and comfortable to me. Cost of living is lower, and I like its location between New York and Washington better.

Memphis, TN or New Orleans, LA?

Old 01-05-2024, 06:48 PM

69 posts, read 47,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Of these two Colonial cities, I like Boston quite a bit better as a "livable" city. But I'd pick Philadelphia anyway. I lived there for 10 years, so it's much more familiar and comfortable to me. Cost of living is lower, and I like its location between New York and Washington better.

Memphis, TN or New Orleans, LA?
New Orleans if I had a time machine

Seattle, WA or Denver, CO?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City