Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2023, 08:26 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,142,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Aurora, CO or Plano, TX?
I think I'd pick Aurora. I wasn't impressed with the Metroplex when I visited. Maybe I'm being unfair, but it reminded me of a less naturally scenic and more pretentious version of Atlanta.

Wooster, Ohio or Greenwood, South Carolina?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2023, 09:17 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,380,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Wooster, Ohio or Greenwood, South Carolina?
Greenwood SC. I like the location sort of in that ATL-CLT corridor, close to the ocean and close to the upstate "mountain" areas.

Atlanta GA or Charlotte NC

Old 11-28-2023, 01:29 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,273,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Greenwood SC. I like the location sort of in that ATL-CLT corridor, close to the ocean and close to the upstate "mountain" areas.

Atlanta GA or Charlotte NC
Atlanta is bigger and has more amenities but I like Charlotte more. People were nicer at least in my experiences. Hattiesburg MS or Tupelo MS?

Old 11-29-2023, 04:48 AM

2,578 posts, read 2,921,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Atlanta is bigger and has more amenities but I like Charlotte more. People were nicer at least in my experiences. Hattiesburg MS or Tupelo MS?
Hattiesburg... I like the university presence in town and the fact that it's closer to the gulf.

Binghamton, NY or Utica, NY?

Old 11-30-2023, 08:37 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,380,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Hattiesburg... I like the university presence in town and the fact that it's closer to the gulf.

Binghamton, NY or Utica, NY?
Utica, they have one of the stonger Dunder Mifflin branches under Karen Filippelli's leadership.

Pittsburgh PA or Philadelphia PA

Old 11-30-2023, 11:33 AM

42 posts, read 20,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Utica, they have one of the stonger Dunder Mifflin branches under Karen Filippelli's leadership.

Pittsburgh PA or Philadelphia PA
Close call but Philly due to it's historical context and being closer to NYC.

Denton, TX or Norman, OK?

Old 12-01-2023, 01:23 AM

6,453 posts, read 5,125,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Score View Post
Close call but Philly due to it's historical context and being closer to NYC.

Denton, TX or Norman, OK?
Denton, it's in a bigger metro and I hear the town's music scene punches way above its weight.

West Bend, WI or Bend, OR?

Old 12-01-2023, 08:12 AM

103 posts, read 61,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Denton, it's in a bigger metro and I hear the town's music scene punches way above its weight.

West Bend, WI or Bend, OR?
West Bend. Just an all-around nice place. Some historic architecture. 4-season climate. Low crime rate. Good parks and high quality of life. Close to the scenic Kettle Moraine region.

Tiffin, OH or Hillsdale, MI?

Old 12-01-2023, 08:16 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,142,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTracerJeff View Post
Tiffin, OH or Hillsdale, MI?
Having briefly lived in Hillsdale before, and having revisited the town a few years ago, I'd choose it. It has only improved since my time there. It's a very pleasant small town in a good location, fairly centrally located between larger cities.

Another pair of smallish towns with colleges:

Warrensburg, Missouri or Russellville, Arkansas?

Old 12-01-2023, 09:33 AM

2,578 posts, read 2,921,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Having briefly lived in Hillsdale before, and having revisited the town a few years ago, I'd choose it. It has only improved since my time there. It's a very pleasant small town in a good location, fairly centrally located between larger cities.

Another pair of smallish towns with colleges:

Warrensburg, Missouri or Russellville, Arkansas?
Warrensburg... Seems a little more quaint with a more walkable downtown/main street area... The relative proximity to KCMO is also preferred over the relative proximity to Little Rock... I naturally prefer more the midwest to the south in many cases.

Johnstown, PA or Zanesville, OH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City