Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2023, 08:51 AM

8,991 posts, read 17,350,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Montgomery, AL, or Hattiesburg, MS?
Montgomery. I have been to Montgomery, though I've not spent a ton of time there. My impression of Montgomery is that it is a city on the rise, or has the potential to be on the rise. It has more of the trappings of a bigger city, from build environment to general amenities. Hattiesburg, not so much on all counts.

Fargo ND or Sioux Falls SD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2023, 06:25 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,240,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Montgomery. I have been to Montgomery, though I've not spent a ton of time there. My impression of Montgomery is that it is a city on the rise, or has the potential to be on the rise. It has more of the trappings of a bigger city, from build environment to general amenities. Hattiesburg, not so much on all counts.

Fargo ND or Sioux Falls SD
Sioux Falls. Fargo has a taller skyline but Sioux Falls' looks more attractive due to the prettier setting.

Jacksonville FL vs Tulsa OK.

Old 07-21-2023, 06:29 AM

11,094 posts, read 6,990,596 times
Neither one! One is in tornado country, the other is in hurricane country. If I had to choose, I'd choose Jacksonville. Closer to things I'm interested in, and there's an ocean. I've driven through Oklahoma, not much to see there for someone like me who is used to diverse terrain.

Arcata, California or Portland, Maine? (Please, no politics.)

Old 07-21-2023, 08:33 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Neither one! One is in tornado country, the other is in hurricane country. If I had to choose, I'd choose Jacksonville. Closer to things I'm interested in, and there's an ocean. I've driven through Oklahoma, not much to see there for someone like me who is used to diverse terrain.

Arcata, California or Portland, Maine? (Please, no politics.)
Portland... I prefer the more populous and less geographically isolated area.

Joliet, IL or White Plains, NY?

Old 07-21-2023, 09:54 AM

8,558 posts, read 4,816,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Portland... I prefer the more populous and less geographically isolated area.

Joliet, IL or White Plains, NY?
Joliet…it’s not a fantastic place and certainly is much more blue collar than White Plains, but the fact is I absolutely adore Chicago and one could easily do worse in Chicagoland than Joliet.

Waco, TX or Merced, CA?

Old 07-21-2023, 11:42 AM

30 posts, read 29,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Joliet…it’s not a fantastic place and certainly is much more blue collar than White Plains, but the fact is I absolutely adore Chicago and one could easily do worse in Chicagoland than Joliet.

Waco, TX or Merced, CA?
Merced. I would hate to live there because it seems so bland and boring, but at least the weather would be better and it would be closer to my family.

Williamsburg, VA or Richmond, VA?

Old 07-21-2023, 01:05 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,447,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderDays View Post
Williamsburg, VA or Richmond, VA?
Aren't those fairly close to each other?...At any rate I'd take Williamsburg over the urban jungle of Richmond.

Philadelphia PA or Pittsburgh PA?

Old 07-21-2023, 01:39 PM

864 posts, read 710,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Aren't those fairly close to each other?...At any rate I'd take Williamsburg over the urban jungle of Richmond.

Philadelphia PA or Pittsburgh PA?
Philadelphia.

Better transit, better connections to other cities, more cosmopolitan, and easier to get home.

Toronto vs. Chicago?

Old 07-21-2023, 02:22 PM

16,589 posts, read 10,726,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey the Otter View Post
Philadelphia.

Better transit, better connections to other cities, more cosmopolitan, and easier to get home.

Toronto vs. Chicago?
Personally, I think Toronto is way overrated. I went there once a few years ago and, while it wasn't too bad, I just don't get the hype. And their drivers, they're so aggressive! That said, I think it's a lot safer than Chicago, so I'll go with it. Relative proximity to Niagara Falls is also a plus.

Richmond, VA or Raleigh, NC?

Old 07-21-2023, 02:34 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,111,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Personally, I think Toronto is way overrated. I went there once a few years ago and, while it wasn't too bad, I just don't get the hype. And their drivers, they're so aggressive! That said, I think it's a lot safer than Chicago, so I'll go with it. Relative proximity to Niagara Falls is also a plus.

Richmond, VA or Raleigh, NC?
Richmond. I like Shockoe bottom and Shockoe slip. Also all of the Civil War History and architecture. Not to mention the Jefferson Hotel which is a true Old South grand hotel, beautiful.

Ann Arbor, MI or Columbus, OH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City