Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2023, 10:57 AM

13,812 posts, read 8,089,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
New London CT or Riverhead NY?
New London. I would definitely prefer to be on the mainland as opposed to way out on the end of Long Island.

Columbus, Georgia or Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2023, 06:35 PM

120 posts, read 51,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
New London. I would definitely prefer to be on the mainland as opposed to way out on the end of Long Island.

Columbus, Georgia or Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
I think Columbus is starting to get much traction and recognition as an up and coming city for blending great outdoor recreation including great whitewater activities in a nice natural setting with a similar kind of vibe as Chattanooga. But more affordable with some interesting gritty historic and re-emerging neighborhoods in addition to downtown. With Auburn and the university just right across the Alabama border, you have the large SEC presence that LSU offers in BR. Also just a 1 1/2 hour drive to Atlanta, traffic permitting.

Meridian MS vs. Monroe LA?

Old 06-29-2023, 07:23 PM

3,507 posts, read 3,427,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybestself View Post
I think Columbus is starting to get much traction and recognition as an up and coming city for blending great outdoor recreation including great whitewater activities in a nice natural setting with a similar kind of vibe as Chattanooga. But more affordable with some interesting gritty historic and re-emerging neighborhoods in addition to downtown. With Auburn and the university just right across the Alabama border, you have the large SEC presence that LSU offers in BR. Also just a 1 1/2 hour drive to Atlanta, traffic permitting.

Meridian MS vs. Monroe LA?
Neither place is where I'd likely live, first off. But as I see Meridian has declined more in population from its peak vs. Monroe, I'll go with Monroe.

Two towns on the Amtrak Empire Builder route: Detroit Lakes, MN, or Devils Lake, ND?

Old 06-30-2023, 05:37 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Neither place is where I'd likely live, first off. But as I see Meridian has declined more in population from its peak vs. Monroe, I'll go with Monroe.

Two towns on the Amtrak Empire Builder route: Detroit Lakes, MN, or Devils Lake, ND?
Detroit Lakes... it's a slightly bigger town in a more populous region that's within a (relatively) commutable distance to the Fargo metro. Devils Lake is a bit more immediately isolated from other places and is a bit farther from Grand Forks as its nearest city.

San Antonio, TX or Sacramento, CA?

Old 06-30-2023, 06:50 AM

4,434 posts, read 4,344,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Detroit Lakes... it's a slightly bigger town in a more populous region that's within a (relatively) commutable distance to the Fargo metro. Devils Lake is a bit more immediately isolated from other places and is a bit farther from Grand Forks as its nearest city.

San Antonio, TX or Sacramento, CA?
Close. Both cities are underrated on CD. I'll give the slight edge to Sacramento. I prefer being between the mountains and beaches but not directly by either. I also prefer their climate a bit more. This is certainly a tough one though as San Antonio would probably be my second choice in Texas. Overall I just enjoy Sacramento more though.

Athens TN or Athens OH?

Old 07-01-2023, 04:34 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Close. Both cities are underrated on CD. I'll give the slight edge to Sacramento. I prefer being between the mountains and beaches but not directly by either. I also prefer their climate a bit more. This is certainly a tough one though as San Antonio would probably be my second choice in Texas. Overall I just enjoy Sacramento more though.

Athens TN or Athens OH?
Athens OH due to it being bigger and not too far from Columbus. Fischer's IN or Carmel IN?

Old 07-05-2023, 06:37 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,363,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Fischer's IN or Carmel IN?
I know people love to hate Carmel, but if my options are Fishers or Carmel, I'm taking Carmel. The whole Midtown Carmel development centered around the Monon Trail is well done. As a regular user of the Monon Trail in Indy, just having access to that particular trail in general is a feature for me too.

Omaha NE or Fargo ND

Old 07-05-2023, 06:42 AM

4,434 posts, read 4,344,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I know people love to hate Carmel, but if my options are Fishers or Carmel, I'm taking Carmel. The whole Midtown Carmel development centered around the Monon Trail is well done. As a regular user of the Monon Trail in Indy, just having access to that particular trail in general is a feature for me too.

Omaha NE or Fargo ND
Omaha easily. Bigger city and not as isolated as Fargo.

Harrisonburg VA or Kingston NY?

Old 07-05-2023, 08:00 AM

13,812 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Harrisonburg VA or Kingston NY?
Harrisonburg. Better climate, healthier city, and gorgeous setting near Shenandoah Nat'l Park.

Princeton, Illinois or Princeton, Indiana?

Old 07-05-2023, 06:33 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Harrisonburg. Better climate, healthier city, and gorgeous setting near Shenandoah Nat'l Park.

Princeton, Illinois or Princeton, Indiana?
Princeton IN. I like it's location near Evansville. Naperville IL or Hialeah FL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City