Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2023, 02:41 PM

8,991 posts, read 17,350,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Manchester for sure. Stockton isn't as bad as many people say, but it still has a negative reputation for a reason. I like Manchester's location and urban built in environment.

Berkeley Springs WV or Berkeley Heights NJ?
NYC exurb or podunk town in WV? I mean, maybe some would prefer to be in small town West Virginia, but I am not one of those people. The one in NJ all day every day no question.

Lexington KY or Knoxville TN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2023, 07:00 PM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
NYC exurb or podunk town in WV? I mean, maybe some would prefer to be in small town West Virginia, but I am not one of those people. The one in NJ all day every day no question.

Lexington KY or Knoxville TN
Definitely Lexington. I lived in Knoxville for a bit. It is not a bad city, but just not for me. It is very one dimensional and needs more things to do outside of UTK. Lexington has more high culture and more things to do. It is also closer to more attractive cities.

Little Rock, AR or Madison, WI?

Old 07-11-2023, 07:12 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Little Rock, AR or Madison, WI?
Little Rock. It has milder winters, and I'm deterred from Madison by its reputation for political activism.

Pace, Florida or Lumberton, Texas?

Old 07-11-2023, 10:18 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Pace... I prefer the Pensacola area to Beaumont for several reasons (bigger, better beach access, seems to have better amenities). Pace as a town seems to offer a little more as well. Lumberton's distance from Houston (1.5 hours) is just far enough to not be considered a major asset for me.

Worcester, MA or Allentown, PA?

Old 07-11-2023, 10:25 PM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Pace... I prefer the Pensacola area to Beaumont for several reasons (bigger, better beach access, seems to have better amenities). Pace as a town seems to offer a little more as well. Lumberton's distance from Houston (1.5 hours) is just far enough to not be considered a major asset for me.

Worcester, MA or Allentown, PA?
Allentown. I'd prefer it to Worcester. Redding CA or Bend OR?

Old 07-11-2023, 10:40 PM

6,431 posts, read 5,079,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Allentown. I'd prefer it to Worcester. Redding CA or Bend OR?
Meh... Not a huge fan of either but I'll take Redding. It's at least more of a well-rounded city --- you can find the standard malls, big-box stores, some basic meetups, bit more variety of ethnic cuisines (went to a Persian place there once). I feel like in Bend I'd have no social life if I didn't ski or snowboard.

Redding is probably cheaper too. And it's marginally less isolated --- straight shot down I-5 a few hours to Sacramento, vs. Bend which forces you to cross the blizzard-prone Cascades on a two-lane road to get to Eugene/Salem, the nearest sizable cities.

Bangor, ME or Tulsa, OK?

Old 07-11-2023, 11:41 PM

583 posts, read 575,896 times
I'll say I'd rather live in Tulsa ... and then vacation in Bangor.

The cold weather would do me in ultimately I think up in Maine, but I adore the beautiful nearby rocky coast and mountains and proximity to Canada. Tulsa is pretty. I'd like to see them really pick up the growth because they have the potential, with pretty rolling hills. elegant architecture, a unique downtown, and location between OKC and NW Ark, to grow to the level of a Kansas City or Nashville in time.

Hernando, Mississippi or Chapin, South Carolina

Old 07-12-2023, 01:23 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,333,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickpatio2018 View Post
I'll say I'd rather live in Tulsa ... and then vacation in Bangor.

The cold weather would do me in ultimately I think up in Maine, but I adore the beautiful nearby rocky coast and mountains and proximity to Canada. Tulsa is pretty. I'd like to see them really pick up the growth because they have the potential, with pretty rolling hills. elegant architecture, a unique downtown, and location between OKC and NW Ark, to grow to the level of a Kansas City or Nashville in time.

Hernando, Mississippi or Chapin, South Carolina
Chapin SC. In general just find South Carolina to be a more interesting state.

Oceanside CA or Boca Raton FL?

Old 07-12-2023, 02:36 PM

11,093 posts, read 6,990,596 times
Oceanside used to be a dump back in the day but it's been gentrified in the past 15 years. Now there's nowhere to go because of Pendleton and the ocean. Boca Raton is too far from my peeps and my 'hood so I'll go with Oceanside even though Boca looks nice from the internet photos.

Gainesville, FL or Port Aransas, TX?

Old 07-14-2023, 07:46 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,333,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Oceanside used to be a dump back in the day but it's been gentrified in the past 15 years. Now there's nowhere to go because of Pendleton and the ocean. Boca Raton is too far from my peeps and my 'hood so I'll go with Oceanside even though Boca looks nice from the internet photos.

Gainesville, FL or Port Aransas, TX?
Port Aransas seems like a nice beach resort town. But I would not want to live there year round. I'll take Gainesville, it's an underrated college town.

Holland MI or Oswego NY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City