Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2020, 12:25 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,202,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Nashville. More affordable and I've always found the residents friendlier than in Denver.

Boston, MA or Cincinnati, OH?
Boston. Just more of a global city. I am intrigued by Cincy though and would love to spend more time there (have only visited twice for about 24 hours each)

Boston v Miami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 01:11 PM

3,932 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Miami although I have no desire to live in either. At least Miami has good winter weather. Pine Bluff Ark or West Memphis, Ark?

Old 09-16-2020, 06:16 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Miami although I have no desire to live in either. At least Miami has good winter weather. Pine Bluff Ark or West Memphis, Ark?
West Memphis... My impression of it is that it's a pretty downtrodden small city across the river from downtown Memphis, but through Google Maps I did find a nice looking newer subdivision on the west side of town that looks pretty livable. Living within the Memphis metro would be too much to pass up otherwise, compared to a much smaller and less happening metro like Pine Bluff's.

Norman, OK or Lincoln, NE?

Old 09-16-2020, 08:04 PM

Norman. Not far from OKC. Bakersfield CA or Lubbock TX?

Old 09-17-2020, 03:40 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,988,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Norman. Not far from OKC. Bakersfield CA or Lubbock TX?
This is tough. Both are boring as boring can be. Both have some bad weather--Bakersfield has lots of smog (and wildfire smoke) and Lubbock gets tornadoes and blizzards. Normally I'd go with Texas in a cinch, but Lubbock is Texas without all the excitement of the big Texas cities or the natural beauty of the Gulf Coast, Hill Country, or even the Trans Pecos.

I'll take Lubbock for no state income taxes, and at least they get snow, unlike Bakersfield. And my vote will count in Texas as a Republican much more than in California, though Bakersfield is admittedly the most conservative city of its size in California.

Assuming you have both Canadian and American citizenship:

Plano/Frisco, Texas or Markham, Ontario?

Old 09-17-2020, 03:59 PM

Plano/Frisco. I love the DFW area. Helena MT or Bismarck ND?

Old 09-17-2020, 04:45 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,436,919 times
Helena, I definitely prefer Montana to North Dakota

Cincinnati, Ohio or Cleveland, Ohio?

Old 09-17-2020, 06:18 PM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post

Cincinnati wins. The region has a more positive outlook.

Boise, ID or Lincoln, NE?

Old 09-17-2020, 06:37 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,202,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post

This one is tough but I'm gonna pick Cleveland. It's tough because I'm not very familiar with either (been to both of them twice for about 48 hours each). I'm intrigued by Cincy but Cleveland is the safer bet for my tastes due to legacy institutions, lakefront real estate, and rail transit.

Edit: Boise. I don't know either of these too well either, but Boise is high on my list to check out. (As is Omaha, but that's not quite Lincoln)

Lakewood, OH vs Lakewood, CO

Old 09-17-2020, 06:52 PM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
This one is tough but I'm gonna pick Cleveland. It's tough because I'm not very familiar with either (been to both of them twice for about 48 hours each). I'm intrigued by Cincy but Cleveland is the safer bet for my tastes due to legacy institutions, lakefront real estate, and rail transit.

Edit: Boise. I don't know either of these too well either, but Boise is high on my list to check out. (As is Omaha, but that's not quite Lincoln)

Lakewood, OH vs Lakewood, CO
Lakewood, OH. Nice area just outside Cleveland. It reminds me of some of Detroit suburbs.

Knoxville, TN or Raleigh, NC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City