Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2022, 10:22 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,333,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
To live, I'd probably pick Savannah. It's a little more "real" - not as overrun with outsiders and tourists.

Buffalo, Texas or Buffalo, Wyoming?
Buffalo WY seems like a nice little wild west town. Buffalo TX doesn't seem very interesting to me and doesn't have much going for it. I guess it's exactly midway between Houston and Dallas which is kind of interesting.

Eureka CA or Portsmouth NH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2022, 11:17 AM

16 posts, read 14,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Buffalo WY seems like a nice little wild west town. Buffalo TX doesn't seem very interesting to me and doesn't have much going for it. I guess it's exactly midway between Houston and Dallas which is kind of interesting.

Eureka CA or Portsmouth NH?
Portsmouth gets more snow and I've heard California is going downhill.

Manchester, NH or Anchorage, AK?

Old 10-18-2022, 03:12 PM

2,377 posts, read 2,350,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Alaskan View Post

Manchester. Not a fan of Manchester, but Anchorage is just too remote.

Brookline, MA vs New Canaan, CT

Old 10-18-2022, 04:11 PM

14,318 posts, read 9,202,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Manchester. Not a fan of Manchester, but Anchorage is just too remote.

Brookline, MA vs New Canaan, CT
New Canaan is posher, but Brookline is more urban(e), so I'll take Brookline (the part northeast of Chestnut Hill, where the trolleys run, that is).

I'm going to stay in this rarefied territory:

Mission Hills, Kan., or Ladue, Mo.?

Old 10-19-2022, 06:58 AM

9,719 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
New Canaan is posher, but Brookline is more urban(e), so I'll take Brookline (the part northeast of Chestnut Hill, where the trolleys run, that is).

I'm going to stay in this rarefied territory:

Mission Hills, Kan., or Ladue, Mo.?
Mission Hills because it looks like a nicer area. The neat shops and things to do look interesting.

Murfreesboro, TN or Cary, NC?

Old 10-19-2022, 10:28 AM

3,495 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Alaskan View Post

Manchester sometimes gets a bad rap online. And I'm not sure why, I wonder if it's an old industrial city that has declined to some extent? Anyway between that and Anchorage, I think I'd pick Manchester. As I'm not interested, in living in Alaska. Maybe I'd want to visit there once, but that's it.

Victoria, BC, or Saint John's, NL?

Old 10-19-2022, 05:18 PM

11,094 posts, read 6,990,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Mission Hills because it looks like a nicer area. The neat shops and things to do look interesting.

Murfreesboro, TN or Cary, NC?
That one would be a difficult choice for me. Cary is very nice, but Murfreesboro is a suburb of Nashville.

New Orleans, LA or Miami, FL?

Old 10-19-2022, 09:39 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
That one would be a difficult choice for me. Cary is very nice, but Murfreesboro is a suburb of Nashville.

New Orleans, LA or Miami, FL?
Miami for sure. Much more opportunity there. Miami is growing and adding more technology jobs. I also like that the suburbs are more self sufficient.

Cincinnati, OH or St. Louis, MO?

Old 10-21-2022, 10:27 AM

3,495 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Marietta. Jackson TN or Lawton OK?
Someone else answered this earlier, but I'll be the contrarian who picks Jackson. I think to me Lawton is more military influenced than I'd prefer(and military influenced towns don't interest me, generally), and I like some of the local museums in Jackson(i.e. Casey Jones Museum). It also is very close to Memphis, and isn't far from some charming smaller towns(Holly Springs(MS), Oxford, etc).

Another negative about Lawton, is many years ago they foolishly demolished too much of their historic downtown buildings for yes really, a shopping mall. And the mall in Jackson appears(at least per glancing at recent YouTube videos) to be doing better, than the one in Lawton.

For the most recent comparison, that is a tough one. I guess I'd very narrowly pick St. Louis, since it does have a light rail system, and it's neighborhoods feel a little more urban than Cincinnati. Not to say Cincy is bad(it definitely is not!), and myself I think I'd be fine living in either city.

Leaving my previous one up(Victoria, BC, or St. John's, NL)?, as noone answered this one yet.

Old 10-21-2022, 11:31 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Leaving my previous one up(Victoria, BC, or St. John's, NL)?, as noone answered this one yet.
Victoria... more populous, better year-round climate, Seattle/Vancouver are relatively accessible.

Omaha, NE or Albuquerque, NM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City