Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2022, 11:53 PM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Cape May. In Ashbury Park I might run into Snookie who may, or may not, want to “smoosh smoosh” and that’s just not a risk I’m willing to take.

Dallas or Charlotte
Charlotte. Dallas is cool but not feeling Texas politics.

Cincinnati, OH or San Diego, CA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 01:11 AM

699 posts, read 508,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post

Cincinnati. I'm sure San Diego is a nice place, but Cincinnati intrigues me. I like the layout of the city, and the topography of the area. Plus Cincinnati has a NFL franchise.

Boston or Seattle.

Old 09-16-2022, 01:16 AM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:

Cincinnati, for me. I think I'd get tired of San Diego after a while, no offense. SD is alright, but give me Cincy as my preference between these 2 cities. Other than it being near the Mexico border, I can't see a lot of upsides about there.

And Seattle over Boston, for the matchup that was posted as I was typing this comment. But at first, didn't see the other comment that barely beat me posting my response.

El Paso, TX, or Albuquerque, NM?

Old 09-16-2022, 01:22 AM

699 posts, read 508,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Cincinnati, for me. I think I'd get tired of San Diego after a while, no offense. SD is alright, but give me Cincy as my preference between these 2 cities. Other than it being near the Mexico border, I can't see a lot of upsides about that.

And Seattle over Boston, for the matchup that was posted as I was typing this comment. But at first, didn't see the other comment that barely beat me posting my response.

El Paso, TX, or Albuquerque, NM?

Ha. I was gonna post that matchup but decided on Boston vs Seattle instead.

I'd go with Albuquerque. Its not quite as remote as El Paso, and I like the fact that the Flagship University of the State is located there. Plus being at the crossroads of two major interstates could make it easier to do road trips (though the road trips would be lengthy)

Jacksonville Fl or New Orleans.

Old 09-16-2022, 05:32 AM

14,317 posts, read 9,198,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Ha. I was gonna post that matchup but decided on Boston vs Seattle instead.

I'd go with Albuquerque. Its not quite as remote as El Paso, and I like the fact that the Flagship University of the State is located there. Plus being at the crossroads of two major interstates could make it easier to do road trips (though the road trips would be lengthy)

Jacksonville Fl or New Orleans.
New Orleans. More colorful history, more colorful culture, better cuisine (including street food).

Let's do all three of Ohio's Big Cs:

Cleveland, Columbus or Cincinnati?

Old 09-16-2022, 07:01 AM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
New Orleans. More colorful history, more colorful culture, better cuisine (including street food).

Let's do all three of Ohio's Big Cs:

Cleveland, Columbus or Cincinnati?
Columbus. The city is better prepared for the tech economy and has a more vibrant feel than the other two. I also like that it is not as run down looking. Cleveland has improved but Cincinnati gives me blighted vibes in several areas.

Nashville, TN or Louisville, KY?

Old 09-16-2022, 07:13 AM

14,317 posts, read 9,198,855 times
Quote:
Columbus. The city is better prepared for the tech economy and has a more vibrant feel than the other two. I also like that it is not as run down looking. Cleveland has improved but Cincinnati gives me blighted vibes in several areas.

Nashville, TN or Louisville, KY?
Louisville. Nashville strikes me as perhaps the nation's biggest tourist trap, while Louisville's still a real city (and its Frederick Law Olmsted-designed parkway system is beautiful).

We could start a whole separate thread (or make an NCAA-style bracket) of places named Springfield. I don't think these two have faced off yet:

Springfield, Mass., or Springfield, Ore.? (Figured I'd go for a bicoastal matchup.)

Old 09-16-2022, 09:59 AM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Louisville. Nashville strikes me as perhaps the nation's biggest tourist trap, while Louisville's still a real city (and its Frederick Law Olmsted-designed parkway system is beautiful).

We could start a whole separate thread (or make an NCAA-style bracket) of places named Springfield. I don't think these two have faced off yet:

Springfield, Mass., or Springfield, Ore.? (Figured I'd go for a bicoastal matchup.)
Springfield MA. I like that it's a mid sized city close to Boston and Hartford. Bristol TN/VA or Texarkana TX/AR?

Old 09-16-2022, 10:39 AM

146 posts, read 153,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Springfield MA. I like that it's a mid sized city close to Boston and Hartford. Bristol TN/VA or Texarkana TX/AR?
Bristol is in better shape than Texarkana and it has a Bass Pro Shop.

New Madrid, MO or Union City, TN?

Old 09-20-2022, 07:38 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everMissouri View Post
New Madrid, MO or Union City, TN?
I've been to both. I'd go with Union City. It's quite a bit bigger and has more to offer. I also like its proximity to Martin which is a very nice town.

Dallas, Texas or Oakland, California?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City