Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2022, 08:44 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Definitely the Beloits. I just googled Fulton, KY and it looks like the sign welcoming you to town is the main attraction there.

Perryton, TX or Providence, KY?
Providence, KY because it is less isolated. Providence looks to have nice parks.

Mt. Pleasant, TN or Niceville, FL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2022, 08:10 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,906,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Providence, KY because it is less isolated. Providence looks to have nice parks.

Mt. Pleasant, TN or Niceville, FL?
Mt Pleasant...Making this decision based more so on the region, and not the towns themselves. The Florida panhandle is generally not a very attractive place for me to live. Mt Pleasant, while a bit far removed from the Nashville core, is still close enough to there as well as some other attractive places and I just like the look and feel of that area better.

Long Beach, CA or Tampa, FL?

Old 05-15-2022, 08:56 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,426,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Mt Pleasant...Making this decision based more so on the region, and not the towns themselves. The Florida panhandle is generally not a very attractive place for me to live. Mt Pleasant, while a bit far removed from the Nashville core, is still close enough to there as well as some other attractive places and I just like the look and feel of that area better.

Long Beach, CA or Tampa, FL?
I'll pick Tampa, between these 2 places. Lower crime, and the cost of living seems to be a little less in Tampa.

Back to looking at state line communities. West Point, GA, or McCaysville, GA?

Old 05-16-2022, 07:22 AM

13,781 posts, read 8,084,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
West Point, GA, or McCaysville, GA?
I'd pick West Point.

McCaysville, while in a beautiful setting, is too touristy and isolated. The West Point/Lanett/Valley area just offers much more for day to day living.

Galveston, Texas or San Antonio, Texas?

Old 05-16-2022, 07:32 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,225,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd pick West Point.

McCaysville, while in a beautiful setting, is too touristy and isolated. The West Point/Lanett/Valley area just offers much more for day to day living.

Galveston, Texas or San Antonio, Texas?
Galveston. The Strand is reminiscent of New Orleans' French Quarter, and the beaches there are quite nice. And while I wouldn't slight the Alamo and Paseo del Rio, Galveston is also just an hour away from Houston, a very diverse and very welcoming city.

Kansas City, Kan., or Wichita, Kan.? (One is the state's largest city, the other part of its largest urban area.)

Old 05-16-2022, 09:48 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,906,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Galveston. The Strand is reminiscent of New Orleans' French Quarter, and the beaches there are quite nice. And while I wouldn't slight the Alamo and Paseo del Rio, Galveston is also just an hour away from Houston, a very diverse and very welcoming city.

Kansas City, Kan., or Wichita, Kan.? (One is the state's largest city, the other part of its largest urban area.)
KCK... It seems like Wichita has more to offer as a city but I'd rather live in the larger metro area with more jobs/amenities. I know Kansas City, Kan isn't very well regarded but it's larger enough to have plenty of livable areas in its city limits.

Keeping up with the theme of largest city vs largest urban area in the same state:

Des Moines, IA or Council Bluffs, IA?

Old 05-16-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Des Moines, IA or Council Bluffs, IA?
I think I'd pick Council Bluffs. I like that it has a small town feel while still being right next to a big city. I also like that it feels more western as opposed to purely midwestern as Des Moines does.

Another in-state comparison:

Plant City, Florida or Flagler Beach, Florida?

Old 05-16-2022, 04:19 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I think I'd pick Council Bluffs. I like that it has a small town feel while still being right next to a big city. I also like that it feels more western as opposed to purely midwestern as Des Moines does.

Another in-state comparison:

Plant City, Florida or Flagler Beach, Florida?
Flagler Beach. Better location and things to do.

Murfreesboro, TN or Clarksville, TN?

Old 05-16-2022, 07:43 PM

899 posts, read 529,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Flagler Beach. Better location and things to do.

Murfreesboro, TN or Clarksville, TN?
Murfreesboro because it's closer to Nashville, and a bit safer.

Brownsville, TX or Dalhart, TX

Old 05-17-2022, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Brownsville, TX or Dalhart, TX
Brownsville. The TX panhandle is not for me. Wind, dust, and treeless expanses are not my cup of tea. Living in South Texas would give me an opportunity to brush up on my Spanish

Alexander City, Alabama or Hamilton, Alabama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City