Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 01:25 AM

4,753 posts, read 3,066,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Probably Missoula, seems like a great area to live if you can make a living there.

Buttonwillow, California or Fruitport, Michigan?
Wow... I never thought Buttonwillow would appear in this thread.
There is indeed a Buttonwillow CA... and probably 98% of those who know about it,
know it as a stop along I-5 in the southern San Joaquin Valley, due west of Bakersfield.
And it is worth a stop, because there's a great little Mexican / Salvadoran restaurant there
(Tita's Pupuseria), one of the few places to find good food along that stretch of road
-- ironic, since so much food is grown in the Valley.

But there is an actual town there too... a few miles to the west of I-5.
I've never been there, only looked at it on Streetview... where it looks rather dusty and bleak.
And with a population of only ~1,500 (per Wikipedia), there's probably very little to do there either.

By comparison, Fruitport is a veritable metropolis, home to over 12,000.
And it looks quite attractive on Streetview also.... very woodsy.
So as a place to live, Fruitport, I suppose.... wouldn't like the winters, though.

Santa Fe, NM or Boulder, CO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 01:15 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Wow... I never thought Buttonwillow would appear in this thread.
There is indeed a Buttonwillow CA... and probably 98% of those who know about it,
know it as a stop along I-5 in the southern San Joaquin Valley, due west of Bakersfield.
And it is worth a stop, because there's a great little Mexican / Salvadoran restaurant there
(Tita's Pupuseria), one of the few places to find good food along that stretch of road
-- ironic, since so much food is grown in the Valley.

But there is an actual town there too... a few miles to the west of I-5.
I've never been there, only looked at it on Streetview... where it looks rather dusty and bleak.
And with a population of only ~1,500 (per Wikipedia), there's probably very little to do there either.

By comparison, Fruitport is a veritable metropolis, home to over 12,000.
And it looks quite attractive on Streetview also.... very woodsy.
So as a place to live, Fruitport, I suppose.... wouldn't like the winters, though.

Santa Fe, NM or Boulder, CO?
Santa Fe, since to me the cost of living in Boulder is too high.

Sheridan, WY, or Chadron, NE?

Old 09-05-2021, 02:20 PM

338 posts, read 270,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Santa Fe, since to me the cost of living in Boulder is too high.

Sheridan, WY, or Chadron, NE?
Gonna go with Sheridan, I'd like to live amongst the mountains.

Manchester NH or Duluth MN?

Old 09-05-2021, 02:52 PM

156 posts, read 170,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayei View Post
Manchester NH or Duluth MN?
Gonna have to go with Manchester because I like New Hampshire more than Minnesota, though the Lake Superior shores are gorgeous.

Calcutta, OH or Iron Mountain, MI?

Old 09-05-2021, 04:21 PM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedCamper View Post
Gonna have to go with Manchester because I like New Hampshire more than Minnesota, though the Lake Superior shores are gorgeous.

Calcutta, OH or Iron Mountain, MI?
Calcutta. Not as isolated. Lima OH or Longview TX?

Old 09-06-2021, 08:12 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Calcutta. Not as isolated. Lima OH or Longview TX?
Longview... I'm not too familiar with east Texas compared to Ohio but I know that Lima is very unimpressive (for Ohio standards) and 1-1.5 hours away from anywhere of significance. I'll take my chances in Longview where the metro area is twice as large and the weather is warmer year-round. Being 2 hours from Dallas isn't all that bad either for airport access and periodic visits.

Moses Lake, WA or Klamath Falls, OR?

Old 09-07-2021, 07:17 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Moses Lake, WA or Klamath Falls, OR?
I get the impression that both areas are quite touristy. However, I think I'd pick Klamath Falls as it's home to a small state university.

Ocean Springs, Mississippi or Harbor Beach, Michigan?

Old 09-07-2021, 10:31 PM

899 posts, read 528,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I get the impression that both areas are quite touristy. However, I think I'd pick Klamath Falls as it's home to a small state university.

Ocean Springs, Mississippi or Harbor Beach, Michigan?
Ocean Springs is in a decent sized metro area, whereas Harbor Beach is a long way to Bay City.

Savannah, Georgia or New Orleans, Louisiana?

Old 09-08-2021, 11:06 AM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Ocean Springs is in a decent sized metro area, whereas Harbor Beach is a long way to Bay City.

Savannah, Georgia or New Orleans, Louisiana?
New Orleans has a worser crime problem from stats I've read, so I'd go with Savannah. And as I remember seeing from stats and looking at historical hurricane landfall maps), that inward coastal bend of the Atlantic (from northern Florida to about southern South Carolina) does have a slightly lower risk of hurricanes, which is nice. To me NO is better to visit, than live in.

Georgetown, SC, or Brunswick, GA?

Old 09-08-2021, 02:16 PM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
New Orleans has a worser crime problem from stats I've read, so I'd go with Savannah. And as I remember seeing from stats and looking at historical hurricane landfall maps), that inward coastal bend of the Atlantic (from northern Florida to about southern South Carolina) does have a slightly lower risk of hurricanes, which is nice. To me NO is better to visit, than live in.

Georgetown, SC, or Brunswick, GA?
Brunswick seems cool and not far from Savannah. Valdosta GA or Lake City FL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City