Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 09:04 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,872,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Santa Fe based on culture, museums, people, and things to do.

Columbia, SC or Eugene, OR?
I'm sure Eugene is beautiful. In fact, I've always wanted to visit Oregon, and I was thinking of going this fall. But I'll go with Columbia.

Fort Wayne, IN, or Kalamazoo, MI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 03:34 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I'm sure Eugene is beautiful. In fact, I've always wanted to visit Oregon, and I was thinking of going this fall. But I'll go with Columbia.

Fort Wayne, IN, or Kalamazoo, MI?
Kalamazoo... Strikes me as the more cultured and vibrant city between these two.

Orlando, FL or Houston, TX?

Old 09-11-2021, 05:32 PM

14,748 posts, read 14,737,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Kalamazoo... Strikes me as the more cultured and vibrant city between these two.

Orlando, FL or Houston, TX?
Given the states they are in, neither one currently. But Houston is definitely the better of the two and the more desirable to live.

Omaha NE or OKC OK?

Old 09-11-2021, 08:04 PM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Given the states they are in, neither one currently. But Houston is definitely the better of the two and the more desirable to live.

Omaha NE or OKC OK?
Omaha, which has more and better cultural amenities than OKC and is also more attractive physically. Even if Warren Buffett didn't live there, it would be a more pleasant and attractive place to live than OKC.

Columbus (Ohio) or KC (Mo)?

Old 09-11-2021, 09:28 PM

3,507 posts, read 3,427,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Omaha, which has more and better cultural amenities than OKC and is also more attractive physically. Even if Warren Buffett didn't live there, it would be a more pleasant and attractive place to live than OKC.

Columbus (Ohio) or KC (Mo)?
Kansas City, since it's bigger and I get the sense there's more to do there. Though I'm sure Columbus isn't bad either, just as it has a lot of amenities and things to do as well.

Bend, OR, or Boise, ID?

Old 09-11-2021, 11:58 PM

6,441 posts, read 5,098,516 times
Boise. I've talked a few times about how I think it's overrated, but it's still much more of a real, full-fledged city than Bend. Bend has nicer scenery and is less isolated (2.5 hours to Salem or Eugene), but it's still essentially a glorified ski town. Home prices are more than $100k higher than Boise's, despite it being a metro a quarter the size with few high-paying jobs, just because people love those snow-capped peaks.

Whichever one I lived in, though, I'd probably visit the other at least occasionally.

Las Cruces, NM or Wausau, WI?

Old 09-12-2021, 03:38 PM

4,787 posts, read 3,088,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Boise. I've talked a few times about how I think it's overrated, but it's still much more of a real, full-fledged city than Bend. Bend has nicer scenery and is less isolated (2.5 hours to Salem or Eugene), but it's still essentially a glorified ski town. Home prices are more than $100k higher than Boise's, despite it being a metro a quarter the size with few high-paying jobs, just because people love those snow-capped peaks.

Whichever one I lived in, though, I'd probably visit the other at least occasionally.

Las Cruces, NM or Wausau, WI?

Las Cruces... the landscape might be a bit arid for my taste,
but I just couldn't handle upper-Midwest winters!

Eastern Idaho (Pocatello / Idaho Falls), or Southern Utah (Cedar City / St George)?

Old 09-12-2021, 05:21 PM

899 posts, read 529,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Las Cruces... the landscape might be a bit arid for my taste,
but I just couldn't handle upper-Midwest winters!

Eastern Idaho (Pocatello / Idaho Falls), or Southern Utah (Cedar City / St George)?
I'd go with Eastern Idaho. Both are growing, but Poky/IF is cheaper, not even including sunscreen costs.

Poway, California or Lutz, Florida?

Old 09-13-2021, 04:22 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
I'd go with Eastern Idaho. Both are growing, but Poky/IF is cheaper, not even including sunscreen costs.

Poway, California or Lutz, Florida?
Poway... If money wasn't an issue, I'd much prefer to live in metro San Diego over anywhere in Florida.

Mason, OH or Novi, MI?

Old 09-13-2021, 09:00 AM

13,810 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Mason, OH or Novi, MI?
Mason. Generally I prefer Michigan over Ohio, but Cincinnati and SW Ohio is the big exception. Additionally, suburban Detroit is not my favorite part of Michigan.

Clewiston, Florida or Chattahoochee, Florida?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City