Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2022, 11:20 PM

899 posts, read 529,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I think I'd pick Del Norte. It isn't far from Alamosa, and same with not being far from Trinidad and Pueblo for more things to do. Pie Town looks too small to me, and more isolated than I'd prefer.

Payson, AZ, or Prescott, AZ?
Prescott has more to do and better jobs. It's not very isolated, with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott and a solid tourist base.

Maricopa, AZ or Payson, UT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 08:58 PM

9,728 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Prescott has more to do and better jobs. It's not very isolated, with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott and a solid tourist base.

Maricopa, AZ or Payson, UT?
Payson, UT because it is close to Provo. Utah is a more interesting place.

Wheeling, WV or Pierre, SD?

Old 05-20-2022, 07:53 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Payson, UT because it is close to Provo. Utah is a more interesting place.

Wheeling, WV or Pierre, SD?
Wheeling... it's much more populous and isn't too far removed from the Pittsburgh metro. Pierre is too small and geographically isolated for my liking.

Warwick, RI or Nashua, NH?

Old 05-20-2022, 07:59 AM

13,809 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Warwick, RI or Nashua, NH?
I think I'd pick Warwick. I like being closer to the water, and the climate is a bit milder. Also, my wife has extended family in the area.

Alice, Texas or Daphne, Alabama?

Old 05-20-2022, 08:19 AM

3,507 posts, read 3,427,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I think I'd pick Warwick. I like being closer to the water, and the climate is a bit milder. Also, my wife has extended family in the area.

Alice, Texas or Daphne, Alabama?
Weirdly, I thought there was a military base in Alice(per once looking up this town in an atlas, years ago) at first. Turns out when I looked it up just now on Google maps, that base actually was in nearby Kingsville.

Anyway I personally like Daphne's location, being close to Mobile, and also bring not too far from the Gulf coast. So I'll pick Daphne. Alice seems alright, but it isn't as close to a bigger city(for this town, Corpus Christi) with more things to do. I think Daphne would be more my speed of a town to live in, than Alice.

Staying in Texas: College Station, or Denton?

Old 05-21-2022, 02:07 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Weirdly, I thought there was a military base in Alice(per once looking up this town in an atlas, years ago) at first. Turns out when I looked it up just now on Google maps, that base actually was in nearby Kingsville.

Anyway I personally like Daphne's location, being close to Mobile, and also bring not too far from the Gulf coast. So I'll pick Daphne. Alice seems alright, but it isn't as close to a bigger city(for this town, Corpus Christi) with more things to do. I think Daphne would be more my speed of a town to live in, than Alice.

Staying in Texas: College Station, or Denton?
Probably Denton. Nice town and not far from Ft. Worth or Dallas for other amenities Denton may not have. Topeka KS or Tyler TX?

Old 05-22-2022, 12:41 PM

9,728 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Probably Denton. Nice town and not far from Ft. Worth or Dallas for other amenities Denton may not have. Topeka KS or Tyler TX?
Topeka because it is close to Kansas City. Topeka was were desegregation began.

Racine, WI or Dyersburg, TN?

Old 05-22-2022, 12:53 PM

434 posts, read 312,862 times
Racine, closer to Milwaukee, and also a good distance from the northern Chicago suburbs, and Lake Michigan.
2 smaller sized cities named Fort
Fort Payne, AL, Or Fort Madison, IA

Last edited by PoliticsLover2003; 05-22-2022 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: Wrong state name

Old 05-22-2022, 10:01 PM

64 posts, read 86,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
Racine, closer to Milwaukee, and also a good distance from the northern Chicago suburbs, and Lake Michigan.
2 smaller sized cities named Fort
Fort Payne, AL, Or Fort Madison, IA
Fort Madison, simply because I've already lived in Alabama and would prefer not to go back.

Pittsburgh or Denver?

Old 05-22-2022, 10:06 PM

2,381 posts, read 2,364,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxurbanite View Post
Fort Madison, simply because I've already lived in Alabama and would prefer not to go back.

Pittsburgh or Denver?
Denver without thinking twice. It has better recreation, it’s growing, and cleaner.

Westport, CT or Boca Raton, FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City