Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 08:56 AM

8,613 posts, read 14,955,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Princeton. I'm more of an east coast guy, and I loved Princeton when I visited.

Gretna, Nebraska or Gretna, Louisiana?
I'm gonna go with Nebraska. New Orleans is a great city, but I've got zero desire to live anywhere in Louisiana. Way too hot, humid, and hurricane-prone.

Trempealeau, WI, or Pickstown, SD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 11:05 AM

4,430 posts, read 4,335,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I'm gonna go with Nebraska. New Orleans is a great city, but I've got zero desire to live anywhere in Louisiana. Way too hot, humid, and hurricane-prone.

Trempealeau, WI, or Pickstown, SD?
Trempealeau WI. Less isolated location.

Rehoboth Beach DE or Sunset Beach NC

Old 05-24-2022, 12:56 PM

3,496 posts, read 3,420,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Trempealeau WI. Less isolated location.

Rehoboth Beach DE or Sunset Beach NC
Both places seem nice, but I think I'll pick Sunset Beach. I'd rather have slightly nicer weather, and also Rehoboth's crime rate is higher than I was thinking it'd be at first glance. Sigh.....

Quote:
Tampa. I'd much rather live in Florida.

Today is World Turtle Day. In honor and "shellebration" of that noble creature of the wetlands,

Cooter, Missouri or Turtletown, Tennessee?
Thought I responded to this comment earlier, but guess not. Anyway I street viewed both places, and didn't get a good vibe from what I saw of Cooter. Including one liquor store, that had bars over its windows and doors. So I'll pick Turtletown. Yes it's a rural location, but it isn't too far from bigger towns(Ducktown, TN, McCaysville, GA, and not too far of a drive from say like Cleveland, TN, Chattanooga, etc). And I like its location, in the mountains.

Brookings, SD, or Vermillion, SD?

Old 05-24-2022, 02:00 PM

13,759 posts, read 8,066,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Brookings, SD, or Vermillion, SD?
I'd pick Vermillion. It's just a more scenic area with the Missouri River nearby, and the land has some texture to it.

Morgantown, West Virginia or Provo, Utah?

Old 05-24-2022, 06:55 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,244,772 times
Quote:
I'd pick Vermillion. It's just a more scenic area with the Missouri River nearby, and the land has some texture to it.

Morgantown, West Virginia or Provo, Utah?
Provo. Not only is it bigger but closer to a major city. St. Petersburg FL or Virginia Beach VA?

Old 05-24-2022, 08:34 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,069,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Provo. Not only is it bigger but closer to a major city.

St. Petersburg FL or Virginia Beach VA?
VA Beach. I like the ocean and mountains, and Florida hasn't got mountains.

Santa Rosa, CA or San Luis Obispo, CA?

Old 05-24-2022, 10:05 PM

899 posts, read 528,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
VA Beach. I like the ocean and mountains, and Florida hasn't got mountains.

Santa Rosa, CA or San Luis Obispo, CA?
San Luis Obispo is a lot nicer, with pretty good schools and low crime for a college town. It's not really isolated either.

Chula Vista, CA or Brandon, FL?

Old 05-25-2022, 05:27 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
San Luis Obispo is a lot nicer, with pretty good schools and low crime for a college town. It's not really isolated either.

Chula Vista, CA or Brandon, FL?
Tough choice. Brandon, FL I guess because the area is growing and more affordable. I love the Tampa area.

Uvalde, TX or Washougal, WA?

Old 05-26-2022, 01:15 AM

3,496 posts, read 3,420,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Tough choice. Brandon, FL I guess because the area is growing and more affordable. I love the Tampa area.

Uvalde, TX or Washougal, WA?
I'd definitely pick Washougal, since I don't like that Uvalde is further west from San Antonio than I prefer. I suspect Uvalde is an alright town, aside from that school shooting. As far as school shootings go, I don't think a single school in the US, is immune from the risk of a school shooting occurring. And this is as VERY greatly, as I wish noone would be dumb enough to try doing a school shooting. Hopefully this problem disappears from schools(plus other types of places where they once occurred, too numerous to say all those past examples but you know what I mean, and can be googled), one day.

Winnemucca, NV, or Elko, NV?

Old 05-26-2022, 03:40 AM

6,433 posts, read 5,082,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'd definitely pick Washougal, since I don't like that Uvalde is further west from San Antonio than I prefer. I suspect Uvalde is an alright town, aside from that school shooting. As far as school shootings go, I don't think a single school in the US, is immune from the risk of a school shooting occurring. And this is as VERY greatly, as I wish noone would be dumb enough to try doing a school shooting. Hopefully this problem disappears from schools(plus other types of places where they once occurred, too numerous to say all those past examples but you know what I mean, and can be googled), one day.

Winnemucca, NV, or Elko, NV?
Elko. I've been to both towns and Elko feels a lot bigger, even if the actual city population is only about 2x Winnemucca's. It has a much bigger downtown, the semblance of distinct neighborhoods, more suburban development on the outskirts, and a 4-year college (Great Basin College), the only one in Nevada outside the Reno or Las Vegas areas.

More to the point, though, I know if I lived in Winnemucca I'd be tempted to just go to Reno every weekend since it's only 2 hours away, especially because I've lived there so I know people in the area. That's no way to live, so I'd rather be in the town that's more thoroughly isolated.

Bismarck, ND or Galena, IL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City