Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2022, 08:40 PM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Portland. Much, much bigger and offers more. Ft. Lauderdale FL or Oceanside CA?
Oceanside, CA. Florida is becoming too conservative. I also like Oceanside's location near San Diego.

Denver, CO or Detroit, MI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 07:29 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Denver, CO or Detroit, MI?
I'd probably go with Detroit. Although living right next to the Rocky Mountains would be a neat experience, I think I'd feel more at home in Detroit as I'm somewhat familiar with the area and have lived in Michigan before.

Charleston, West Virginia or Beaumont, Texas?

Old 05-10-2022, 08:30 AM

146 posts, read 153,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd probably go with Detroit. Although living right next to the Rocky Mountains would be a neat experience, I think I'd feel more at home in Detroit as I'm somewhat familiar with the area and have lived in Michigan before.

Charleston, West Virginia or Beaumont, Texas?
Beaumont seems to be one of the last Texas cities that hasn't seen a recent growth spurt (the others seeming to be Texarkana, Wichita Falls, and Amarillo), so I feel obligated to go with that.

Sikeston, MO or Paragould, AR?

Old 05-11-2022, 04:58 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everMissouri View Post
Beaumont seems to be one of the last Texas cities that hasn't seen a recent growth spurt (the others seeming to be Texarkana, Wichita Falls, and Amarillo), so I feel obligated to go with that.

Sikeston, MO or Paragould, AR?
Paragould... It's a little bit larger and close to Jonesboro which is a decent sized college town.

Norfolk, VA or Fayetteville, NC?

Old 05-11-2022, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Norfolk, VA or Fayetteville, NC?
Fayetteville. I'm not really a fan of military towns, but I prefer Fayetteville's smaller size. Norfolk is too much of a major city with all of the problems and potential problems that come with it.

Hammond, Louisiana or Carrollton, Georgia?

Old 05-12-2022, 07:54 PM

899 posts, read 528,099 times
Quote:
Fayetteville. I'm not really a fan of military towns, but I prefer Fayetteville's smaller size. Norfolk is too much of a major city with all of the problems and potential problems that come with it.

Hammond, Louisiana or Carrollton, Georgia?
Carollton is safer, and it's not too far from Atlanta, which has more than New Orleans.

County seats of the two most religious counties according to PRRI ("Religiously Unaffiliated" map is towards the bottom)

Sarita, TX or Macon, MS?

Old 05-12-2022, 09:07 PM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Carollton is safer, and it's not too far from Atlanta, which has more than New Orleans.

County seats of the two most religious counties according to PRRI ("Religiously Unaffiliated" map is towards the bottom)

Sarita, TX or Macon, MS?
Macon. Although both are way too small for my taste. Ponca City OK or Hays KS?

Old 05-13-2022, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Ponca City OK or Hays KS?
Ponca City. Hays is too far out into the prairie.

Flomaton, Alabama/Century, Florida or Ardmore, Alabama/Tennessee?

Old 05-13-2022, 03:10 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Ponca City. Hays is too far out into the prairie.

Flomaton, Alabama/Century, Florida or Ardmore, Alabama/Tennessee?
I guess Ardmore, considering it's a little closer to Huntsville, vs. the distance from Flomaton to Pensacola. Also it's off putting to me, to see a Florida state prison, in Century. Both towns have alright downtowns, though they aren't the most interesting towns IMO.

Beloit/South Beloit(Wisconsin and Illinois), or Fulton and South Fulton(Kentucky and Tennessee)?

Old 05-13-2022, 08:19 PM

6,431 posts, read 5,079,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I guess Ardmore, considering it's a little closer to Huntsville, vs. the distance from Flomaton to Pensacola. Also it's off putting to me, to see a Florida state prison, in Century. Both towns have alright downtowns, though they aren't the most interesting towns IMO.

Beloit/South Beloit(Wisconsin and Illinois), or Fulton and South Fulton(Kentucky and Tennessee)?
Definitely the Beloits. I just googled Fulton, KY and it looks like the sign welcoming you to town is the main attraction there.

Perryton, TX or Providence, KY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City