Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 09:56 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,497,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
I've never been to Tulsa, but I've been to other parts of OK and was not a fan. The only advantage Tulsa has is it's smaller, but I'll go with Nashville.

Ouray, CO or SLC, Utah?
SLC.

Richmond, VA or Milwaukee, WI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 10:35 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,140,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
SLC.

Richmond, VA or Milwaukee, WI?
Milwaukee! I'm not a fan of Virginia cities, I have family in both Richmond and Norfolk, parts of both cities are extremely rundown, plus the inlfux of transplants all flocking to Richmond, it's an "it" city now. Milwaukee would be cheaper to live in for the same QOL in Richmond. The only drawback is Richmond has VA beach, Milwaukee as I'm aware doesn't have any nearby.

Louisville KY, or Kansas City, MO

Old 06-06-2020, 11:52 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
I've lived in KC before but picked Louisville because I've heard great things are happening there. Newark or Trenton?

Old 06-07-2020, 03:23 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I've lived in KC before but picked Louisville because I've heard great things are happening there. Newark or Trenton?
Newark, seriously.

New Jersey's largest city has been on the mend for quite some time now, and it actually has a fair bit of activity in its center (including a performing arts center, a minor-league ballpark and the sports arena where the New Jersey Devils play) and several colorful ethnic neighborhoods (Newark's Ironbound outranks Trenton's Chambersburg, for instance). Were it anywhere other than 15-20 minutes from Manhattan by train, it would be a metropolitan center in its own right.

Columbia, Mo., or Lawrence, Kan.?

Old 06-07-2020, 07:01 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Newark, seriously.

New Jersey's largest city has been on the mend for quite some time now, and it actually has a fair bit of activity in its center (including a performing arts center, a minor-league ballpark and the sports arena where the New Jersey Devils play) and several colorful ethnic neighborhoods (Newark's Ironbound outranks Trenton's Chambersburg, for instance). Were it anywhere other than 15-20 minutes from Manhattan by train, it would be a metropolitan center in its own right.

Columbia, Mo., or Lawrence, Kan.?
Lawrence... both seem nice but Lawrence's proximity to the KC metro tilts this in their favor.

Muskegon, MI or Erie, PA?

Old 06-07-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Lawrence... both seem nice but Lawrence's proximity to the KC metro tilts this in their favor.

Muskegon, MI or Erie, PA?
Erie, PA. Love the area and it is on the rebound.

Chattanooga, TN or Memphis, TN?

Old 06-07-2020, 02:36 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,140,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Erie, PA. Love the area and it is on the rebound.

Chattanooga, TN or Memphis, TN?
Memphis, TN. Has more to offer being a larger more established city with its own pro sports team and music scene (Rock and Hip-hop), and better food. COL is cheaper. and better history. Not sure if it's is walkable or car dependent, but i'd assume Memphis' public transportation is better than Chattanoogas.

Metairie, LA or Mobile, AL

Old 06-07-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Memphis, TN. Has more to offer being a larger more established city with its own pro sports team and music scene (Rock and Hip-hop), and better food. COL is cheaper. and better history. Not sure if it's is walkable or car dependent, but i'd assume Memphis' public transportation is better than Chattanoogas.

Metairie, LA or Mobile, AL
Mobile overall. It has improved and getting better. I like its location and history. Great thrift store, antiques, and restaurants.

Valdosta, GA or Rome, GA?

Old 06-07-2020, 04:40 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Rome. Toledo, OH or Fort Wayne, IN?

Old 06-07-2020, 08:17 PM

3,651 posts, read 4,528,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Rome. Toledo, OH or Fort Wayne, IN?
Toledo. Proximity to the lake is huge for me and it has a fair bit more amenities than Fort Wayne.

Lynchburg, Virginia or Wilmington, North Carolina?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City