Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 08:00 PM

13,800 posts, read 8,089,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Alamogordo,New Mexico or Killeen, Texas?
Alamogordo. I love NM.

Port Orange, FL or Conway, SC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 04:37 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Alamogordo. I love NM.

Port Orange, FL or Conway, SC?
Port Orange... I'm more familiar with Conway as my wife used to live just outside town, but I prefer Port Orange for being in a more politically moderate area and being within an hour of Orlando.

Sante Fe, NM or Flagstaff, AZ?

Old 05-31-2020, 05:12 PM

3,651 posts, read 4,528,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Port Orange... I'm more familiar with Conway as my wife used to live just outside town, but I prefer Port Orange for being in a more politically moderate area and being within an hour of Orlando.

Sante Fe, NM or Flagstaff, AZ?
Tough one. I like both a lot, very beautiful areas with interesting and unique history. I'd go with Flagstaff though because it gets more snow, is right off I40 and is closer to SoCal.

Louisville, Kentucky or Omaha, Nebraska?

Old 05-31-2020, 06:08 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,211,442 times
This one is interesting. Two cities I don't know well but are pretty close to the top of my list for places I would live that I don't know well. I'll take Louisville just cause it feels like it has a bit more going on in its urban cores and also because it is a bit larger. I'd also be very curious about living on the IN side since I have business in IN (don't know if there's any tax benefit but I'm just curious)

New York City, NY vs Reno, NV

Old 05-31-2020, 06:56 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,675,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
This one is interesting. Two cities I don't know well but are pretty close to the top of my list for places I would live that I don't know well. I'll take Louisville just cause it feels like it has a bit more going on in its urban cores and also because it is a bit larger. I'd also be very curious about living on the IN side since I have business in IN (don't know if there's any tax benefit but I'm just curious)

New York City, NY vs Reno, NV

I actually been to NY not too long ago. I like the hustle and bustle of the city. But Ive been to Reno hella times. I really like the Marina in Sparks NV.

Due to COL and lower taxes, I would pick Reno over NYC.

Lake Tahoe CA/NV or Flagstaff AZ?

Old 05-31-2020, 07:10 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
I actually been to NY not too long ago. I like the hustle and bustle of the city. But Ive been to Reno hella times. I really like the Marina in Sparks NV.

Lake Tahoe CA/NV or Flagstaff AZ?
Flagstaff. Nice underrated area of AZ. I like the forest and nearby mountains.

Pittsburgh, PA or Atlanta, GA?

Old 05-31-2020, 07:19 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,211,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post

Did not see that coming, but makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Flagstaff. Nice underrated area of AZ. I like the forest and nearby mountains.

Pittsburgh, PA or Atlanta, GA?
Pittsburgh is great and I wouldn't be upset at all to live there, but ultimately Atlanta will win for practical reasons. Comfort, familiarity, close to our networks, plenty of friends there, and so forth.

Madison, WI vs Philadelphia, PA

Old 06-01-2020, 10:34 AM

355 posts, read 161,212 times
Philadelphia. I'll take that prime northeast corridor locationa and mid-Atlantic climate an hour from the coast.

Ithaca NY or Hanover NH?

Old 06-01-2020, 11:13 AM

13,800 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Ithaca NY or Hanover NH?
Hanover.
I've been there and it's lovely. Great location on the river too. I'm sure Ithaca is nice too, but I get the impression it's not as family friendly.

A couple other Ivy League cities:

Princeton, NJ or New Haven, CT?

Old 06-01-2020, 11:52 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Hanover.
I've been there and it's lovely. Great location on the river too. I'm sure Ithaca is nice too, but I get the impression it's not as family friendly.

A couple other Ivy League cities:

Princeton, NJ or New Haven, CT?
The answer to this one depends on how I'm feeling that day.

Princeton looks like it was surgically removed from the Hamptons and plopped down in Central New Jersey. It's too cute for words — so cute, in fact, that it may choke to death on its own preciousness, hence my referring to the borough as "terminally charming Princeton."

But it has some great eateries and some gorgeous homes.

New Haven, needless to say, is rougher around the edges (and in the middle) than Princeton. But Yale's mostly Academic Gothic campus is a marvelously unified work that has nonetheless absorbed other styles that coexist with it (three of its colleges, including one of its two newest, are Georgian Revival, and one of those hides behind a Gothic facade; two others are the work of Finnish Modernist master Eero Saarinen).

And Yale and New Haven have a decidedly urban vibe Princeton university and borough lack.

I don't mind visiting Princeton for a change of pace, but I'd rather live in New Haven, warts and all.

Manchester, N.H., or Birmingham, Ala.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City