Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2020, 01:52 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,475,029 times

Advertisements

Austin

Gary,Indiana or Port Arthur, Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 02:03 AM

597 posts, read 456,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Austin

Gary,Indiana or Port Arthur, Texas?

I'll go with Gary. Preferable climate and location.... Chicago is my favorite city so I could visit often... and it's closer to other interesting places.... the Lakefront beaches seem nice. I can deal with the winter... and it's summer wouldn't be as long or as brutal as Port Arthur's.

Harrisburg PA or Wilmington DE.

Old 06-12-2020, 03:18 AM

14,367 posts, read 9,274,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
Harrisburg PA or Wilmington DE.
Good matchup. Both cities look bigger than they are. Both have downtowns that go comatose after the workday ends. One has a pretty colorful Little Italy, the other a more attractive riverfront park plus a park on an island in the middle of the river that runs past it. One's about a 35-minute drive from Philly, the other, about 90 minutes, and you can take the train to Philly from either.

Ordinarily, I'd probably pick the city closer to Philly, but the one that's further away is also close to Lancaster, one of my favorite small cities on the East Coast. Harrisburg it is, then.

Lititz, Pa., or Leavenworth, Kan.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:54 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,142,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Lititz, Pa., or Leavenworth, Kan.
I had to look up Lititz - it's just north of Lancaster.

I'll pick Lititz. Small town PA has an appeal for me - the Great Plains doesn't, especially a Federal govt town like Leavenworth.

Schaumburg, IL or DeLand, FL?

Old 06-12-2020, 07:57 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,973,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
I had to look up Lititz - it's just north of Lancaster.

I'll pick Lititz. Small town PA has an appeal for me - the Great Plains doesn't, especially a Federal govt town like Leavenworth.

Schaumburg, IL or DeLand, FL?
Schaumberg, easily. Just outside Chicago, an immediate draw. No interest in FL...

La Crosse, WI vs. Fort Collins, CO

Old 06-12-2020, 09:03 AM

613 posts, read 333,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Schaumberg, easily. Just outside Chicago, an immediate draw. No interest in FL...

La Crosse, WI vs. Fort Collins, CO
Tossup for me, both nice looking cities but I pick La Crosse

Glen Burnie, MD or Fairfield, CA?

Old 06-12-2020, 09:09 AM

4,147 posts, read 3,003,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Tossup for me, both nice looking cities but I pick La Crosse

Glen Burnie, MD or Fairfield, CA?
The only reason I might choose Fairfield is if it was safer, but other than that, Glen Burnie. DC is a much more interesting city than SF, and Baltimore, though sketchy as hell, at least has more history and intrigue than Sacramento.

SF or DC?

Old 06-12-2020, 09:25 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,142,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
SF or DC?
These are probably the last 2 places I would ever choose to move to. I'll give DC the slight edge because it at least has some wholesome elements, while I don't know that SF has any.

Lubbock, TX or Cheyenne, WY?

Old 06-12-2020, 09:35 AM

4,147 posts, read 3,003,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
These are probably the last 2 places I would ever choose to move to. I'll give DC the slight edge because it at least has some wholesome elements, while I don't know that SF has any.

Lubbock, TX or Cheyenne, WY?
Both sound pretty darn boring, both are on the high plains of the West. Now the Eastern Half of Texas has much more in common with the Southeast and is loaded with lots of cool cities and attractions, but the Western half is just like the rest of the Intermountain/desert West, which I've never been a fan of.

I'll take Lubbock simply for warmer weather, and being somewhat closer to world class DFW.

Pensacola or Greenville, SC.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:07 AM

9,741 posts, read 9,529,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Both sound pretty darn boring, both are on the high plains of the West. Now the Eastern Half of Texas has much more in common with the Southeast and is loaded with lots of cool cities and attractions, but the Western half is just like the rest of the Intermountain/desert West, which I've never been a fan of.

I'll take Lubbock simply for warmer weather, and being somewhat closer to world class DFW.

Pensacola or Greenville, SC.
Greenville to live Pensacola to visit. Greenville has really come a long way.

Huntsville, AL or Lexington, KY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City