Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2022, 07:36 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,167,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Stillwater, MN...no question. One of the cutest small towns I've been to- and very easy access to all that the Twin Cities offer. Stillwater, OK is very isolated, and I am not a fan of OK in general.

Alpine, UT or Alpine, NJ?
I'll take Alpine, NJ. I just like NJ a lot better than almost anything out west except for Ca, or Wa.

Portland, Maine or Porland Oregon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 07:56 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I'll take Alpine, NJ. I just like NJ a lot better than almost anything out west except for Ca, or Wa.

Portland, Maine or Porland Oregon?
Portland, ME because summer time would be nice. I think the area has better seafood as well.

Dayton, OH or El Paso, TX?

Old 09-23-2022, 07:01 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,251,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Portland, ME because summer time would be nice. I think the area has better seafood as well.

Dayton, OH or El Paso, TX?
El Paso. It may be a desert but I'd prefer it to an Ohio winter. Titusville FL or Dalton GA?

Old 09-23-2022, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
El Paso. It may be a desert but I'd prefer it to an Ohio winter. Titusville FL or Dalton GA?
Dalton, GA because I prefer more mountainous environment. The area is becoming more diverse and I like that it is not far from Chattanooga and Atlanta.

Denver, CO or Baltimore, MD?

Old 09-23-2022, 10:07 PM

701 posts, read 511,299 times
Quote:
Dalton, GA because I prefer more mountainous environment. The area is becoming more diverse and I like that it is not far from Chattanooga and Atlanta.

Denver, CO or Baltimore, MD?
Baltimore. Love the location, both the mountains and the coast are within easy driving range. Like urban environment. Close to other cities that are worth visiting, not isolated like Denver. Four seasons, not that much snow. Pro sports, plenty of soul in terms of demographics.

Phoenix or Salt Lake City.

Old 09-24-2022, 04:09 AM

14,342 posts, read 9,225,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Baltimore. Love the location, both the mountains and the coast are within easy driving range. Like urban environment. Close to other cities that are worth visiting, not isolated like Denver. Four seasons, not that much snow. Pro sports, plenty of soul in terms of demographics.

Phoenix or Salt Lake City.
Salt Lake City.

Phoenix's principal LGBT publication used to circulate in Philadelphia, and reading it, I got the impression that alll people in Phoenix did was sell each other real estate.

Friends of mine who have been there tell me the Mormon capital has a surprisingly lively LGBT scene, and you have great skiing just outside the city (which I'd have to learn). Besides, I'm not a winterphobe, and Salt Lake does get some in its environs.

The nation's two most spectacularly situated cities, topographically speaking:

Pittsburgh or San Francisco?

Old 09-24-2022, 10:58 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,085,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Salt Lake City.

Phoenix's principal LGBT publication used to circulate in Philadelphia, and reading it, I got the impression that alll people in Phoenix did was sell each other real estate.

Friends of mine who have been there tell me the Mormon capital has a surprisingly lively LGBT scene, and you have great skiing just outside the city (which I'd have to learn). Besides, I'm not a winterphobe, and Salt Lake does get some in its environs.

The nation's two most spectacularly situated cities, topographically speaking:

Pittsburgh or San Francisco?
I already live in San Francisco, and I wouldn't trade it for Pittsburgh,
one reason being that I am winterphobic... not only do I find seriously-cold weather unpleasant,
but also the trees being bare for about four months a year is a big loss.

I would trade San Francisco for Seattle... in fact, I think Seattle has the most spectacular
natural setting of any big US city. Plus, it's probably the likeliest place where I'd at last
"find my tribe"... unless they've been routed by techies, that is.

Rocky-Mountain boutique-town showdown:

Santa Fe NM or Boulder CO?

Old 09-24-2022, 11:03 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,426,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
I already live in San Francisco, and I wouldn't trade it for Pittsburgh,
one reason being that I am winterphobic... not only do I find seriously-cold weather unpleasant,
but also the trees being bare for about four months a year is a big loss.

I would trade San Francisco for Seattle... in fact, I think Seattle has the most spectacular
natural setting of any big US city. Plus, it's probably the likeliest place where I'd at last
"find my tribe"... unless they've been routed by techies, that is.

Rocky-Mountain boutique-town showdown:

Santa Fe NM or Boulder CO?
I think I'd pick Santa Fe. The winters are a little milder there, and I think I'd prefer the food scene in Santa Fe over Boulder.

Athens, GA, or Bloomington, IN?

Old 09-25-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I think I'd pick Santa Fe. The winters are a little milder there, and I think I'd prefer the food scene in Santa Fe over Boulder.

Athens, GA, or Bloomington, IN?
Athens due to location and things to do. I like that both of these cities have a hyper local culture.

Orlando, FL or Little Rock, AR?

Old 09-25-2022, 01:17 PM

2,380 posts, read 2,362,782 times
Quote:
Athens due to location and things to do. I like that both of these cities have a hyper local culture.

Orlando, FL or Little Rock, AR?
Orlando, I see zero appeal to Arkansas other than being cheap.

Martha’s Vineyard, MA or Sea Island, GA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City