Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2021, 05:20 PM

3,509 posts, read 3,439,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Louisville. I'll take bourbon over battleships. And I still haven't figured out which of the cities in the Hampton Roads conurbation actually has a downtown worth writing home about; Louisville has one.

Speaking of distilleries:

Weston, Mass., or Weston, Mo.? (One of these two towns has a distillery.)
I know someone answered this one, but screw it I'll answer anyway since I made the effort to look up Weston, MA. I didn't know as much about that town, vs. the one in Missouri which I've researched in the past. That said I'll go with the one in Missouri, since I'd like to explore the small towns and cities nearby more(i.e. Atchison, Leavenworth, Maryville, and even St. Joseph). Maybe it's just me, but I think Weston, MA would be too wealthy of a town for me to enjoy. But hey, others might differ on their opinion here.

BTW the above poster forgot to say another REALLY cool thing located in Weston, MO: O'Malley and Son Pub. If you look it up on google, it's listed under O'Malley's Pub. It's a bar that is in a stone constructed room under the ground, and pretty historic. Looking up that bar, it's one I'd LOVE to visit someday. Wouldn't mind checking out McCormick Distillery too, though for me in the past I had mostly read up about O'Malley's, and weirdly not as much about McCormick.

For the most recent one, I'd go with Redding. El Centro to me is too impoverished, for me to pick. And also, it seems like there's a lot of polluted brownfield sites down there, that haven't been cleaned up to this day sadly. And thinking about the polluted condition of the Salton Sea(a little north of there), NOT interested in El Centro at all. I don't like the risk of wildfires nowadays in northern California(or Jefferson, if you wanna call that part of CA that lol), but I think I'd be more comfortable there vs. El Centro.

Cedar Rapids, IA, or Peoria, IL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 08:23 AM

13,841 posts, read 8,126,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Cedar Rapids, IA, or Peoria, IL?
Cedar Rapids. I believe it's an objectively nicer city. Peoria's population peaked in the 1970s and has not recovered, while CR has been growing slowly but steadily. Plus Illinois' state government makes me nervous.

Which General Development Corporation planned city would you live in:

North Port, Florida
Palm Bay, Florida
Port St. Lucie, Florida

Old 09-24-2021, 03:51 PM

848 posts, read 840,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Cedar Rapids. I believe it's an objectively nicer city. Peoria's population peaked in the 1970s and has not recovered, while CR has been growing slowly but steadily. Plus Illinois' state government makes me nervous.

Which General Development Corporation planned city would you live in:

North Port, Florida
Palm Bay, Florida
Port St. Lucie, Florida
I guess I will go with Port St. Lucie out of the three. I like the Atlantic beaches better than most of the Gulf beaches on the peninsula. And if I'm going to live in a somewhat boring suburbanish small city in Florida, I may as well live farther south and closer to a truly tropical climate with almost no winter. And I would like being closer to Miami.

Gatlinburg, Tennessee or Branson, Missouri?

Old 09-24-2021, 10:33 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,711,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDave View Post
I guess I will go with Port St. Lucie out of the three. I like the Atlantic beaches better than most of the Gulf beaches on the peninsula. And if I'm going to live in a somewhat boring suburbanish small city in Florida, I may as well live farther south and closer to a truly tropical climate with almost no winter. And I would like being closer to Miami.

Gatlinburg, Tennessee or Branson, Missouri?
Gatlinburg, TN. Honestly I'm not a fan of Missouri or most of the Midwestern part of the country. Tennessee is a cool state though, especially the eastern part near Knoxville!

Port Saint Lucie FL or New Port Richey FL?

Old 09-25-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Gatlinburg, TN. Honestly I'm not a fan of Missouri or most of the Midwestern part of the country. Tennessee is a cool state though, especially the eastern part near Knoxville!

Port Saint Lucie FL or New Port Richey FL?
New Port Richey I guess, if I have to choose between either place and live in Florida suburbia. I'd rather be(and is a personal preference) closer to the Tampa area, vs. Miami. And not being as far away from the state of Georgia and Tallahassee(where I have relatives) vs. in PSL(further away), also would be a plus.

Key West, FL, or Galveston, TX?

Old 09-25-2021, 03:50 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,711,579 times
Quote:
New Port Richey I guess, if I have to choose between either place and live in Florida suburbia. I'd rather be(and is a personal preference) closer to the Tampa area, vs. Miami. And not being as far away from the state of Georgia and Tallahassee(where I have relatives) vs. in PSL(further away), also would be a plus.

Key West, FL, or Galveston, TX?
Key West FL! I honestly love that area and the islands. Galveston is nice but I generally prefer Florida over Texas for the most part!

San Luis Obispo CA or Guilford CT

Old 09-25-2021, 05:34 PM

1,238 posts, read 2,354,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Key West FL! I honestly love that area and the islands. Galveston is nice but I generally prefer Florida over Texas for the most part!

San Luis Obispo CA or Guilford CT
For sure San Luis Obispo, it’s like a paradise.

Greenville, NC or Gainesville, GA?

Old 09-26-2021, 05:42 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,915,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
For sure San Luis Obispo, it’s like a paradise.

Greenville, NC or Gainesville, GA?
Greenville... The large university in town makes it seem more cultured/vibrant. It's not too far from the coast as well. Gainesville isn't quite close enough to the Atlanta core to make it accessible enough for my liking.

Ames, IA or Waco, TX?

Old 09-26-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Greenville... The large university in town makes it seem more cultured/vibrant. It's not too far from the coast as well. Gainesville isn't quite close enough to the Atlanta core to make it accessible enough for my liking.

Ames, IA or Waco, TX?
I think I'd go with Ames. Also like that it isn't too far from the Des Moines metro, for more things to do. Waco is isolated, and doesn't have a lot of bigger populated places nearby. Plus I suspect I'd have lesser issues with state politics in Iowa, vs. Texas.

Lafayette, LA, or Hattiesburg, MS?

Old 09-26-2021, 09:38 AM

42 posts, read 46,187 times
Quote:
I think I'd go with Ames. Also like that it isn't too far from the Des Moines metro, for more things to do. Waco is isolated, and doesn't have a lot of bigger populated places nearby. Plus I suspect I'd have lesser issues with state politics in Iowa, vs. Texas.

Lafayette, LA, or Hattiesburg, MS?
Gonna go with Lafayette. It seems a bit bigger with more going on and I’m a sucker for nice downtowns.

Brattleboro, VT or Keene, NH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City