Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2021, 05:25 AM

14,342 posts, read 9,225,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
I definitley prefer Louisville for much lower cost of living, lower taxes, less traffic and less crime.

El Paso or Oklahoma City?
El Paso. You have that frontera culture shared with its bigger neighbor across the Rio Grande, Juárez, and you have mountains that stretch almost all the way into downtown.

OKC or KC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM

13,772 posts, read 8,084,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
OKC or KC?
Kansas City. I've never been there, but I have been to OKC and I was not impressed with it. KC has a lot to offer and I believe it would be a great place to raise my family.

Sebastian, Florida or Lawrence, Kansas?

Old 08-23-2021, 09:02 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,906,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Kansas City. I've never been there, but I have been to OKC and I was not impressed with it. KC has a lot to offer and I believe it would be a great place to raise my family.

Sebastian, Florida or Lawrence, Kansas?
Lawrence... I'm not a huge fan of Florida if I'm not able to live within a major metro area. Lawrence is a pretty decent college town itself that's not too far outside the Kansas City area.

Salisbury, MD or Jacksonville, NC?

Old 08-23-2021, 05:45 PM

899 posts, read 529,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Lawrence... I'm not a huge fan of Florida if I'm not able to live within a major metro area. Lawrence is a pretty decent college town itself that's not too far outside the Kansas City area.

Salisbury, MD or Jacksonville, NC?
Jacksonville. It's closer to the coast, and NC has lower taxes than Maryland.

Wheaton, Illinois or Munster, Indiana?

Old 08-24-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Wheaton, Illinois or Munster, Indiana?
Even though Wheaton is an objectively nicer area with more amenities and less heavy industry, I'd rather live on the Indiana side of the line; so Munster. It's far enough away from the industrial centers of NW Indiana that I think it's probably a pretty livable town.

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin or Grand Prairie, Texas?

Old 08-24-2021, 09:24 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,977,708 times
Quote:
Even though Wheaton is an objectively nicer area with more amenities and less heavy industry, I'd rather live on the Indiana side of the line; so Munster. It's far enough away from the industrial centers of NW Indiana that I think it's probably a pretty livable town.

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin or Grand Prairie, Texas?
Pleasant Prairie. Right in between Milwaukee and Chicago without the pain of paying high IL state income taxes, and I'd forecast strong growth for this area for this reason. Kenosha seems like a cool everyday "Home town" with its own beach on Lake Michigan and commuter rail, and I prefer its seasonal climate of the upper Midwest over the southern plains. Grand Prairie has a nicer central location within its metro, but find it to be a bit too bland.

The Villages, FL or Green Valley, AZ?

Old 08-24-2021, 10:13 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,568,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Pleasant Prairie. Right in between Milwaukee and Chicago without the pain of paying high IL state income taxes, and I'd forecast strong growth for this area for this reason. Kenosha seems like a cool everyday "Home town" with its own beach on Lake Michigan and commuter rail, and I prefer its seasonal climate of the upper Midwest over the southern plains. Grand Prairie has a nicer central location within its metro, but find it to be a bit too bland.

The Villages, FL or Green Valley, AZ?
Villages, easily. I much prefer its tropical climate (as does my skin, lol). Love its proximity to Orlando and all there is to do there. I wouldn't want to be as close to the southern border as Green Valley. This is a slam dunk for me.

Charleston, SC or Madison, WI?

Old 08-24-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Charleston, SC or Madison, WI?
Charleston. Much better climate, better scenery, better cultural fit.

Pell City, Alabama or Oil City, Pennsylvania?

Old 08-24-2021, 05:12 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,492,043 times
Quote:
Charleston. Much better climate, better scenery, better cultural fit.

Pell City, Alabama or Oil City, Pennsylvania?
Oil City due to better location and scenery.

Richmond, VA or Denver, CO?

Old 08-25-2021, 06:41 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,250,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Oil City due to better location and scenery.

Richmond, VA or Denver, CO?
Richmond. I like VA and not far from VA Beach or Washington DC. Akron OH or Youngstown OH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City