Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 05:57 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,687,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Cape May because you don't need a ferry to get back to the mainland, but it's still separated by a canal.

Dover, DE or Scranton, PA?
Both interesting places, but I would probably go with Dover DE. Scranton is nice as well, but I do love the Delaware Beaches, and Dover is not too far from the beach. Also NO Sales Tax in Delaware.

Forest Falls CA or Oak View CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 11:27 PM

4,754 posts, read 3,066,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Both interesting places, but I would probably go with Dover DE. Scranton is nice as well, but I do love the Delaware Beaches, and Dover is not too far from the beach. Also NO Sales Tax in Delaware.

Forest Falls CA or Oak View CA
Even though I'm from CA, I didn't know about those two communities, until I looked them up:
Forest Falls is near Mt San Gorgonio, Oak View is close to Ojai in Ventura County.
I think I'd chose Oak View, to be near the coast. Being up in the mountains could be fun too, though.

Arcata CA or Ashland OR?

Last edited by NW4me; 03-06-2022 at 12:19 AM..

Old 03-06-2022, 05:41 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Even though I'm from CA, I didn't know about those two communities, until I looked them up:
Forest Falls is near Mt San Gorgonio, Oak View is close to Ojai in Ventura County.
I think I'd chose Oak View, to be near the coast. Being up in the mountains could be fun too, though.

Arcata CA or Ashland OR?
Ashland... it's in a slightly more populous region (close to Medford), is more easily accessible, and I like the university presence in town.

Douglas, WY or Douglas, AZ?

Old 03-06-2022, 02:07 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Ashland... it's in a slightly more populous region (close to Medford), is more easily accessible, and I like the university presence in town.

Douglas, WY or Douglas, AZ?
The one in Wyoming. It isn't far from Casper, plus I like how it isn't far from Rapid City, Billings, Cheyenne, Boulder, Denver, etc. The one in Arizona feels like a typical US/Mexico border town, where it isn't anything too special. Other than the Gadsden Hotel(once seen on the TV show Hotel Impossible, and since then has had a new owner, and per newer online reviews seems to be ran A LOT better today, vs. back when it was on that show), there isn't anything too special about this town.

Ankeny, IA, or Bellevue, NE?

Old 03-06-2022, 09:34 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
The one in Wyoming. It isn't far from Casper, plus I like how it isn't far from Rapid City, Billings, Cheyenne, Boulder, Denver, etc. The one in Arizona feels like a typical US/Mexico border town, where it isn't anything too special. Other than the Gadsden Hotel(once seen on the TV show Hotel Impossible, and since then has had a new owner, and per newer online reviews seems to be ran A LOT better today, vs. back when it was on that show), there isn't anything too special about this town.

Ankeny, IA, or Bellevue, NE?
Probably Bellevue. Closer to it's metro city of Omaha than Ankeny is to Des Moines. Cedar Rapids IA or Fargo ND?

Old 03-07-2022, 07:30 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Cedar Rapids IA or Fargo ND?
I'd go with Cedar Rapids for the slightly more manageable winters.

Phoenix, Arizona or Miami, Florida?

Old 03-07-2022, 03:07 PM

899 posts, read 528,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd go with Cedar Rapids for the slightly more manageable winters.

Phoenix, Arizona or Miami, Florida?
Miami because it’s safer and more walkable.

Las Vegas, NV or New Orleans, LA?

Old 03-07-2022, 04:04 PM

433 posts, read 311,538 times
NOLA since it is more walkable in downtown and has more history behind it
Albany, NY or Harrisburg, PA?

Old 03-07-2022, 04:50 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,687,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
NOLA since it is more walkable in downtown and has more history behind it
Albany, NY or Harrisburg, PA?
Albany NY definitely. Love that area along the Hudson River. Honestly not a big fan of PA at all outside Philadelphia and the Suburbs, although Northeastern PA is nice to a certain degree, and so is Northwestern PA.

Chester PA or Chester NJ?

Old 03-07-2022, 05:34 PM

14,318 posts, read 9,202,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Albany NY definitely. Love that area along the Hudson River. Honestly not a big fan of PA at all outside Philadelphia and the Suburbs, although Northeastern PA is nice to a certain degree, and so is Northwestern PA.

Chester PA or Chester NJ?
Having worked in the oldest and poorest municipality in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for a while, I can't imagine that Chester, N.J., isn't a nicer place to live. Not that they're not working on Chester at all.

West Chester, Chester County, Pa., or White Plains, Westchester County, N.Y.? (Both are the county seats of their respective counties.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City