Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2022, 09:52 AM

14,316 posts, read 9,198,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Cincinnati, since I wouldn't have interest living in upstate NY myself. I'm sure Rochester(as far as upstate NY places go) isn't bad to live in, but to me I'd feel more comfortable living in Cincy.

I was originally going to answer the previous comparison, but didn't since I forgot to submit a comment answering that in time. Ah well, I'll answer anyway Anyway would've picked Muskogee, since I like how it isn't far from Tulsa, the lakes of eastern Oklahoma, and Northwest Arkansas. Also isn't far from other parts of the Ozarks in Missouri and Arkansas, or Dallas either.

While I like how Dodge City has a station on the Amtrak Southwest Chief route, to me I don't like how that train stops there during overnight hours. Also to me, Dodge City is too isolated of a town, IMO. Maybe if a different town has been picked for this(i.e. Hutchinson, KS, or Newton) that isn't as far away from Wichita, this would've been harder for me to pick between.

Sports hall of fame cities: Canton, OH(football), or Springfield, MA(basketball)?
Springfield, Mass. The years may not have been as kind to it as they should have been, but it's located in the attractive Connecticut River valley, has a decent downtown, and is both bigger and closer to a slew of other places than Canton is.

Now a James Naismith (basketball's inventor) tie:

Springfield, Mass., where he invented the game, or Lawrence, Kan., where he introduced it to American higher education as the athletic director at the University of Kansas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 02:44 PM

73,181 posts, read 62,867,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Springfield, Mass. The years may not have been as kind to it as they should have been, but it's located in the attractive Connecticut River valley, has a decent downtown, and is both bigger and closer to a slew of other places than Canton is.

Now a James Naismith (basketball's inventor) tie:

Springfield, Mass., where he invented the game, or Lawrence, Kan., where he introduced it to American higher education as the athletic director at the University of Kansas?
Lawrence, KS. More wide open spaces.

Boston, MA or Denver, CO?

Old 02-26-2022, 07:36 PM

899 posts, read 528,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Lawrence, KS. More wide open spaces.

Boston, MA or Denver, CO?
Both are pretty good, but I'll go Denver because it's less congested, and has nice mountains to the west.

St. Paul, MN or Fort Worth, TX?

Old 02-27-2022, 07:48 AM

202 posts, read 253,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Both are pretty good, but I'll go Denver because it's less congested, and has nice mountains to the west.

St. Paul, MN or Fort Worth, TX?
This one is not even close. Fort Worth by miles.
First of all, I absolutely loathe winter weather, and Minnesota is one of the worst states for that.
Second, I like the Fort Worth culture better. It embraces the Cowboy stereotype of Texas, which I find kind of interesting. When I think of Texas, I think of cattle and cowboy hats, that old West image. Fort Worth has the stockyards that live up to that.

Concord, NH or Augusta, Ga?

Old 02-27-2022, 01:42 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdawg View Post
This one is not even close. Fort Worth by miles.
First of all, I absolutely loathe winter weather, and Minnesota is one of the worst states for that.
Second, I like the Fort Worth culture better. It embraces the Cowboy stereotype of Texas, which I find kind of interesting. When I think of Texas, I think of cattle and cowboy hats, that old West image. Fort Worth has the stockyards that live up to that.

Concord, NH or Augusta, Ga?
Augusta, since I'd rather live somewhere warmer than Concord. I'm sure Concord is okay, but I'd rather have warmer weather. Plus a street with old school street running in downtown Augusta, for the win!

Two I-95 cities that often seem to be forgotten about in the Carolinas. And except if say someone driving has to do a pit stop, seem to be forgotten and not thought about much: Fayetteville, NC, or Florence, SC?

Old 02-27-2022, 01:52 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Augusta, since I'd rather live somewhere warmer than Concord. I'm sure Concord is okay, but I'd rather have warmer weather. Plus a street with old school street running in downtown Augusta, for the win!

Two I-95 cities that often seem to be forgotten about in the Carolinas. And except if say someone driving has to do a pit stop, seem to be forgotten and not thought about much: Fayetteville, NC, or Florence, SC?
Fayetteville... Neither city would be close to my top choices in either state but Fayetteville is a lot larger so I'd assume that would equate to a greater variety of neighborhoods and better access to jobs/amenities.

Albion, NY or Albion, MI?

Old 02-27-2022, 07:55 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Fayetteville... Neither city would be close to my top choices in either state but Fayetteville is a lot larger so I'd assume that would equate to a greater variety of neighborhoods and better access to jobs/amenities.

Albion, NY or Albion, MI?
Albion, MI. It has a college in town(Albion College), and it has Amtrak service too(to both Chicago and the Detroit area). Why all Amtrak scheduled trains from Chicago-Pontiac don't stop in Albion(only 2 out of 6 stop here each day, 1 in each direction. a westbound train early in the morning, and an eastbound train in the mid evening), I have no idea why. It's something where I think that's kinda stupid, and to me I wish all scheduled trains stopped in Albion if you ask me. Also, I worry that lake effect snow would probably be an issue(along with wind chills), due to how not too far south Albion is from Lake Ontario.

Where 2 of the colleges are located, that pulled off top 10 college basketball upsets on Saturday, February 26: Fayetteville, AR(Arkansas beating Kentucky), or Knoxville, TN(Tennessee beating Auburn)?

Old 02-28-2022, 08:23 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Fayetteville, AR(Arkansas beating Kentucky), or Knoxville, TN(Tennessee beating Auburn)?
I'd rather live in Knoxville. I'm just more familiar with Tennessee, and I like its location near GSMNP.

Lincoln, Alabama or Lincoln, Illinois?

Old 02-28-2022, 02:21 PM

3,932 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd rather live in Knoxville. I'm just more familiar with Tennessee, and I like its location near GSMNP.

Lincoln, Alabama or Lincoln, Illinois?
Al because it's a little closer to larger cities like Birmingham. Fresno CA or Bakersfield CA?

Old 02-28-2022, 03:54 PM

6,431 posts, read 5,079,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Al because it's a little closer to larger cities like Birmingham. Fresno CA or Bakersfield CA?
Definitely Fresno. It's a bit rougher but feels like a much bigger city, despite the two being close in both city proper and MSA population. As far as nearby cities go, I'd much rather have the access to the Bay Area + Sac + Reno than LA + SD, and the drives to those cities are also more pleasant (on 5 or 99 to LA, all you get is the dry and brown San Gabriels).

Alamogordo, NM or Frankfort, MI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City