Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2021, 07:51 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
St. Paul, MN or St. Petersburg, FL?
St. Petersburg easily. Since I don't like cold weather, I don't know that I can think of a single criterion where St. Paul would have an advantage here.

Knoxville, Tennessee or Chattanooga, Tennessee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 07:58 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,561,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
St. Petersburg easily. Since I don't like cold weather, I don't know that I can think of a single criterion where St. Paul would have an advantage here.

Knoxville, Tennessee or Chattanooga, Tennessee?
Knoxville. I love both of these cities/metros. Both are 2 of the best small metros in the nation. But Knoxville and its metro area gets the nod for recreational assets that my family and I love (major theme park, 2 major waterparks, very nice zoo, and the Ijams Nature Center (a true hidden gem).

Bismarck, ND or Rapid City, SD?

Old 04-08-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Bismarck, ND or Rapid City, SD?
Rapid City. It's got a bit of an 'old west' feel which I like. It's also the gateway to the Black Hills/Badlands regions which afford tons of recreational opportunities.

Ontario, California or New Brunswick, New Jersey?

Old 04-08-2021, 09:03 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,561,977 times
Quote:
Rapid City. It's got a bit of an 'old west' feel which I like. It's also the gateway to the Black Hills/Badlands regions which afford tons of recreational opportunities.

Ontario, California or New Brunswick, New Jersey?
New Brunswick. I prefer its east coast location.

Utica, NY or Erie, PA?

Old 04-08-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Utica, NY or Erie, PA?
I'm going with Utica because it has a large Lebanese community and has more interesting natural sites nearby such as the Adirondacks and the Finger Lakes.

Ste. Genevieve, Missouri or Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan?

Old 04-08-2021, 10:11 AM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
I'm going with Utica because it has a large Lebanese community and has more interesting natural sites nearby such as the Adirondacks and the Finger Lakes.

Ste. Genevieve, Missouri or Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan?
Ste. Genevieve, since at least that isn't far of a drive from other places like the St. Louis area, Carbondale, Paducah, etc. I also don't like how very cold it'd be in the winter, were I to live in Sault Ste. Marie.

Lebanon, OR, or Lebanon, TN?

Old 04-08-2021, 12:42 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Ste. Genevieve, since at least that isn't far of a drive from other places like the St. Louis area, Carbondale, Paducah, etc. I also don't like how very cold it'd be in the winter, were I to live in Sault Ste. Marie.

Lebanon, OR, or Lebanon, TN?
Lebanon, TN because it is larger and in a better location. I enjoy the parks and antique shops they have. The city has attracted big business in the last few years.

Boulder, CO or Annapolis, MD?

Old 04-08-2021, 01:27 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Lebanon, TN because it is larger and in a better location. I enjoy the parks and antique shops they have. The city has attracted big business in the last few years.

Boulder, CO or Annapolis, MD?
That's tough, as both are REALLY nice cities! If I was picking one area to live in or the other, I'd probably pick one of the communities outside Boulder, due to such nearby places having a slightly cheaper cost of living(i.e. Fort Collins, Longmont). If I can only pick within the city limits of either place, I think I'd go with Annapolis, since I like the feel of that city slightly better.

Going a little ways west of Annapolis, now. A comparison of 2 smaller WV cities: Parkersburg, WV, or Beckley, WV?

Old 04-09-2021, 04:53 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
That's tough, as both are REALLY nice cities! If I was picking one area to live in or the other, I'd probably pick one of the communities outside Boulder, due to such nearby places having a slightly cheaper cost of living(i.e. Fort Collins, Longmont). If I can only pick within the city limits of either place, I think I'd go with Annapolis, since I like the feel of that city slightly better.

Going a little ways west of Annapolis, now. A comparison of 2 smaller WV cities: Parkersburg, WV, or Beckley, WV?
Parkersburg... this was a tough one as I'm not crazy about either choice, but it seems like a slightly nicer city and I like its regional location a little better with it being just 40 minutes from Athens, OH and less than 2 hours from Columbus.

Another in-state battle:

Murray, KY or Richmond, KY?

Old 04-09-2021, 05:21 AM

5,300 posts, read 6,107,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Parkersburg... this was a tough one as I'm not crazy about either choice, but it seems like a slightly nicer city and I like its regional location a little better with it being just 40 minutes from Athens, OH and less than 2 hours from Columbus.

Another in-state battle:

Murray, KY or Richmond, KY?
Going with Richmond. I like Murray and the whole Purchase region of Kentucky, it's just a bit more isolated than I prefer. Richmond's close proximity to Lexington and accessibility to other places is more appealing.

East Grand Rapids, Michigan or Okemos, Michigan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City