Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2021, 12:53 PM

3,940 posts, read 2,249,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Both small state capitals sandwiched in between their respective state's largest metro areas, and set along the rivers bearing their state's name. I'll go with Frankfort. I'm more familiar with Kentucky and a little more comfortable with the idea of living there as opposed to Missouri.

Pocahontas, Arkansas or Pocahontas, Iowa?
Pocahontas Ark. Not as isolated and closer to larger towns. Kannapolis NC or Annapolis MD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 03:06 PM

13,772 posts, read 8,078,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Kannapolis NC or Annapolis MD?
Kannapolis. I'd rather live in NC than MD.

Mishawaka, Indiana or Cheektowaga, New York?

Old 03-31-2021, 04:58 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,655,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post

Lakeland FL or Lakeway TX?
Lakeland. Growing metro and easily access to i-4 corridor, some nice(r) developments on golf courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post

Amarillo, TX or Billings, MT?
Billings, by a long shot.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:04 PM

14,198 posts, read 22,830,439 times
Quote:
Kannapolis. I'd rather live in NC than MD.

Mishawaka, Indiana or Cheektowaga, New York?
Cheektowaga, NY. It's closer to the East Coast, Toronto, Montreal, and my childhood home.

Rapid City, SD or Burlington, VT?

Old 03-31-2021, 07:02 PM

6,437 posts, read 5,091,284 times
Burlington. I don't really count Canadian cities when it comes to how isolated an American city is (since the border's been closed for over a year now and I have a bad feeling that the next pandemic isn't far off), but even without Montreal, Burlington is much less isolated than Rapid City. Also has that nice, dense New England built environment that makes it feel a lot bigger than it is.

Omaha, NE or Ann Arbor, MI?

Old 04-01-2021, 06:42 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,904,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Burlington. I don't really count Canadian cities when it comes to how isolated an American city is (since the border's been closed for over a year now and I have a bad feeling that the next pandemic isn't far off), but even without Montreal, Burlington is much less isolated than Rapid City. Also has that nice, dense New England built environment that makes it feel a lot bigger than it is.

Omaha, NE or Ann Arbor, MI?
Ann Arbor... it's one of the best college towns/small cities in America and its proximity next to the Detroit metro is a huge asset.

El Paso, TX or Fresno, CA?

Old 04-01-2021, 07:21 AM

13,772 posts, read 8,078,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
El Paso, TX or Fresno, CA?
El Paso. I thought it was a pretty cool city when I visited, with spectacular scenery; though it seemed like a looonnnggg way from everywhere. I would like being so close to Mexico and New Mexico.

Bristol, Connecticut or Treasure Island, Florida?

Old 04-01-2021, 10:43 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,567,859 times
Quote:
El Paso. I thought it was a pretty cool city when I visited, with spectacular scenery; though it seemed like a looonnnggg way from everywhere. I would like being so close to Mexico and New Mexico.

Bristol, Connecticut or Treasure Island, Florida?
Treasure Island. Not even close. Much better climate, so much to do (especially outdoors), incredible beaches, and in the Tampa Bay area (one of my favorite metros in the country). This one's a slam dunk for me.

Charleston, SC or Madison, WI?

Old 04-01-2021, 12:07 PM

899 posts, read 529,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Treasure Island. Not even close. Much better climate, so much to do (especially outdoors), incredible beaches, and in the Tampa Bay area (one of my favorite metros in the country). This one's a slam dunk for me.

Charleston, SC or Madison, WI?
Charleston is nowhere near as cold, and the schools in Charleston seem to be higher rated.

Lewisville, TX or Pearland, TX?

Old 04-01-2021, 01:13 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,804,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcawtsrif View Post
Neither. Ever. But...if I had to choose and my life depended on it, Pearland. Only because I dislike Houston slightly less than D/FW.

Owensboro, KY or Casper, WY?
Casper. I like Wyoming well enough. Wouldn't mind exploring that part of the west some more.

Colorado Springs, Colorado or Tucson, Arizona?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City