Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2021, 10:44 PM

11,669 posts, read 18,002,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I had always long thought on the Internet(at least from looking at stats on their City Data city/town pages, along with google street viewing them), that both Bakersfield and Fresno get unnecessarily bashed online IMO. I hadn't investigated Modesto enough (but probably will look up info on that one in the future) or smaller towns(i.e. Merced) yet, but do agree with others that Stockton felt dumpy from the statistics I see, and blocks I street viewed.

Moving on to the current vs. comparison, I'm torn on this one. I like the downtown of Bend better, but also like how Reno is near Lake Tahoe, and near interesting smaller towns(i.e. Virginia City, NV, and Truckee, CA for a few examples). And I really wish Bend wasn't so isolated, vs. other towns and cities (i.e. Eugene, etc).

That said some of the neighborhoods on the west side of Reno look nice, along with the Truckee River riverwalk area. And there aren't a lot of nearby towns one could drive to from Bend that jumped out to me except for Redmond, so I'd pick Reno.

I missed when someone said Springfield(MO) vs. Wichita. I guess I'd pick Springfield, since I do like it's close location to the Ozarks, and also northwest Arkansas.

Grand Junction, CO, vs. Flagstaff, AZ?
Flagstaff. It's more desirable in general. Though more expensive.

Cape Girardeau, MO or Visalia, CA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 07:53 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Cape Girardeau, MO or Visalia, CA?
If money were no object, I think I'd go with Visalia. The Central Valley is of the least objectionable parts of California to me, and it's the gateway to multiple national parks and some of the country's most spectacular scenery.

Which city named after Polish-born American war heroes:

Kosciusko, Mississippi or Pulaski, Tennessee?

Old 03-29-2021, 12:26 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
If money were no object, I think I'd go with Visalia. The Central Valley is of the least objectionable parts of California to me, and it's the gateway to multiple national parks and some of the country's most spectacular scenery.

Which city named after Polish-born American war heroes:

Kosciusko, Mississippi or Pulaski, Tennessee?
Pulaski... it seems a little more prosperous and I prefer its regional location.

An NCAA Elite Eight match-up for tonight:

Fayetteville, AR or Waco, TX?

Old 03-29-2021, 12:30 PM

8,613 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Pulaski... it seems a little more prosperous and I prefer its regional location.

An NCAA Elite Eight match-up for tonight:

Fayetteville, AR or Waco, TX?
I'll have to go with Fayetteville sight-unseen. Waco is the armpit of the I-35 corridor in Texas.

Cleveland, OH, or Jacksonville, FL?

Old 03-29-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Cleveland, OH, or Jacksonville, FL?
Definitely Jacksonville. Better climate, better natural scenery, close to family, etc.

Greeley, Colorado or Denton, Texas?

Old 03-29-2021, 12:55 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,797,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Definitely Jacksonville. Better climate, better natural scenery, close to family, etc.

Greeley, Colorado or Denton, Texas?
Greeley. Colorado’s not my fave but neither is Texas. The former has a few redeeming qualities. Closer to Wyoming and Montana, places I wouldn’t mind exploring some more.

Prescott, Arizona or Roseburg, Oregon?

Old 03-29-2021, 01:06 PM

4,754 posts, read 3,066,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Greeley. Colorado’s not my fave but neither is Texas. The former has a few redeeming qualities. Closer to Wyoming and Montana, places I wouldn’t mind exploring some more.

Prescott, Arizona or Roseburg, Oregon?
Prescott has a lot to recommend it, but the landscape is really dry...
so I'd go for the greenery in Roseburg.

Columbia MD (suburban planned community in-between Baltimore & DC), or
Columbia CA (little Gold-Rush-era town in the foothills of the Sierras)?

Old 03-29-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Columbia MD (suburban planned community in-between Baltimore & DC)
or Columbia CA (little Gold-Rush-era town in the foothills of the Sierras)?
I'd go with Columbia, California. It's small and rural and spectacularly scenic. It has history and charm, even if it is quite touristy. It's even reasonably priced by California standards.

Kings Mountain, North Carolina or Stroudsburg/East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania?

Old 03-29-2021, 06:17 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,561,977 times
Kings Mountain. I really like its location. Nice little downtown (really pretty at Christmas). Has a nice state park at the edge of town (KMSP), that connects to Crowders Mnt. SP. Close to Charlotte. Convenient to Greenville and Asheville as well.

Boise, ID or Spokane, WA?

Old 03-30-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Kings Mountain. I really like its location. Nice little downtown (really pretty at Christmas). Has a nice state park at the edge of town (KMSP), that connects to Crowders Mnt. SP. Close to Charlotte. Convenient to Greenville and Asheville as well.

Boise, ID or Spokane, WA?
I'd rather be in Spokane's metro area, specifically around Post Falls, ID. But if we're confined to the city limits, I'd pick Boise.

Antioch, California or Smyrna, Georgia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City