Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2021, 07:31 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,137,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Massena, NY or Sault Ste. Marie, MI?
Even though SSM's snowfall numbers are outrageous, the UP is an incredible, unique place and I'd choose it over Massena.

Bay City, Michigan or Bay St. Louis, Mississippi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2021, 10:33 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,273,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinque View Post
Bay City, Michigan because being in a full 4-season climate without a threat of hurricanes beats the Gulf Coast although I heard that area of the MS Gulf Coast is a bit of a hidden gem.

Keeping with the MI vs MS theme

Oxford, MS vs East Lansing, MI
East Lansing. Although not particularly fond of either. Wilmington DE or Stockton CA?

Old 06-24-2021, 01:11 PM

39 posts, read 40,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Wilmington DE or Stockton CA?
Wilmington because the taxes in Delaware are lower.

NYC or Buffalo?

Old 06-24-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieSam28 View Post
NYC or Buffalo?
Buffalo. NYC is not a place I would ever consider living.

Staying in the Empire State:

Poughkeepsie, New York or Schenectady, New York?

Old 06-24-2021, 01:30 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,443,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Buffalo. NYC is not a place I would ever consider living.

Staying in the Empire State:

Poughkeepsie, New York or Schenectady, New York?
Poughkeepsie. Since to me I prefer that location, over Schenectady. And from Poughkeepsie, you have both commuter rail(Metro North) and Amtrak train service.

BTW a few posts back for Bishop vs. Ukiah, both towns do have a location of Schat's Bakery.

One of the current College World Series matchups, and their respective cities: Nashville(Vanderbilt), or Raleigh(North Carolina State)?

Old 06-24-2021, 04:05 PM

9,740 posts, read 9,529,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Poughkeepsie. Since to me I prefer that location, over Schenectady. And from Poughkeepsie, you have both commuter rail(Metro North) and Amtrak train service.

BTW a few posts back for Bishop vs. Ukiah, both towns do have a location of Schat's Bakery.

One of the current College World Series matchups, and their respective cities: Nashville(Vanderbilt), or Raleigh(North Carolina State)?
Raleigh until all of this construction settles down. Better housing and more progressive.

Macon, GA or Fayetteville, AR?

Old 06-24-2021, 06:40 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,443,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Bingo! You win, SST. How did you know that?
When I was checking google maps and also street view, I noticed when searching that bakery was in both towns. So I suddenly wondered if it was the same place, and when finding the website for Schat's Bakery, certainly enough I did realize it was the same family behind both locations of this bakery.

For the current one, I'll pick Fayetteville. While Macon probably is okay, if I'm limited to looking at places within that city proper, it seems like Macon is dealing with declining population. Plus the crime is higher than I prefer in Macon, sadly to say. If this was looking at one of the nearby communities outside of Macon which I bet is nicer(i.e. Warner Robins), it'd probably be a comparison I'd think about for longer.

Two state capitols that don't often get discussed: Dover, DE, or Charleston, WV?

Old 06-24-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Dover, DE, or Charleston, WV?
Charleston. While it does suffer from a lot of similar problems to those that Rust Belt cities suffer from, it does have some very good neighborhoods. Also being right in the middle of WV and all the outdoor recreation opportunities and spectacular scenery offered there is a huge plus.

BTW Sony, I sent you a PM to solicit some travel advice from you

Miami or Houston?

Old 06-24-2021, 07:31 PM

865 posts, read 716,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Miami or Houston?
Miami. A bit more sunshine and close to the Everglades. Plus summers aren't as hot.

Wall SD or Breezewood PA?

Old 06-24-2021, 09:32 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,820,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey the Otter View Post
Miami. A bit more sunshine and close to the Everglades. Plus summers aren't as hot.

Wall SD or Breezewood PA?
Wall. I like South Dakota and would enjoy exploring the Badlands and Black Hills some more. Probably not a long term stay because a place that small would get old pretty quick.

Gillette, Wyoming or Escanaba, Michigan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City